Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEN FACTORY RACE EDITION TRUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Adept

Default CEN FACTORY RACE EDITION TRUGGY

I am looking for a truggy and have seen one of these for sale and want some feedback as to if they are any good. I just want something to run at club level as a second class. It has the following parts

Factory Race chassis
Dace wheel adapters to convert your truggy to a 17mm hex to give you a much better wheel and tyre choice
CNC 7075 ali upgrades on suspension plates
CNC 7075 ali front steering knuckles
CNC 7075 aircraft grade aluminium Engine Mounts
CNC 7075 aircraft grade aluminium Ackerman steering plate
CNC 7075 aircraft grade aluminium front lower suspension plate
CNC 7075 aircraft grade aluminium front and rear upper turnbuckles
CNC aluminium Cen FRE centre diff brace
CNC aluminium Cen FRE brace post
Kosho lightened centre rear and centre front drive train universals
lightened 66T spur gear
The motor is a Force .21 rear exhaust in excellent condition (heaps of compression) and hardly used, maybe 2 ltrs total.

New FRE vented clutch bell, new Cen FRE ali clutch shoes, springs and bearings were also fitted along with a new team lossi sports pipe and header.

thanks.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

you would be better off getting a newer designed truggy, the cen truggy is out of date compared to the newer trucks, like the jammin x2, rc8t, 8t, xt8 etc
Old 03-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yeah find a Losi 1.0
Old 03-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Addict

Everybody thinks you have to have the latest greatest stuff . if you like it & it is a good deal it will be fine for club racing. I have a matrix rtr truggy & a jammin x1 CRT PRO & they both do just fine at the club level. Just go have fun !!! If you can get a losi or jammin for the same price i would, but if the cen is a good deal you should be good.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by romax
Everybody thinks you have to have the latest greatest stuff . if you like it & it is a good deal it will be fine for club racing. I have a matrix rtr truggy & a jammin x1 CRT PRO & they both do just fine at the club level. Just go have fun !!! If you can get a losi or jammin for the same price i would, but if the cen is a good deal you should be good.
I paid $275 shipped for a brand new 8ight-T race roller.... it may not be the "best" but it rips on the track and it's hella cheap to maintain. Recommending someone to get a Losi 1.0 is not telling them to get the best, but being realistic from a parts and support standpoint. To the OP, buy something your friends or people at the track drive as well, it helps when you need help or parts. If a lot of them drive CEN's then go for it, if not I'd look elsewhere. It's cool to be "different" but not when you need a part or it means you're heading home for the day.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Addict

Guess i should clarify what i meant by good deal. I'm talking like 100 dollars. as i said before for the same money a losi or similar race truggy would be better. i will say parts are a little high for the cen .