Wiki Posts
Search

Proline vs Jconcepts

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Maybe on truggy, but buggy has been fine so far.

1g needed even for the Grid Iron's.....NO tire is 100% perfect.....its just the way things go unfortunately.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

its better then the half pound you have to put on a proline tire to get it to balance out
Old 03-07-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cjm1126
its better then the half pound you have to put on a proline tire to get it to balance out
+1, those vibrate and need balancing.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Lord

+1, those vibrate and need balancing.

ok look...do i need to take a vid of the couple truggy Citi and Ibeam PRE mount soft's that developed a wobble 2 quali's in...and REquired 3+grams to balance out....im not trying to pull your leg here.....you want pics of the wheels with weight sitting at all different position's on the balancer ? what would you like ?
Old 03-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
ok look...do i need to take a vid of the couple truggy Citi and Ibeam PRE mount soft's that developed a wobble 2 quali's in...and REquired 3+grams to balance out....im not trying to pull your leg here.....you want pics of the wheels with weight sitting at all different position's on the balancer ? what would you like ?
OK, if they were fine new and they got out of balance after TWO qualifiers, the rims are most likely bent or dinged. The AKA foams haven't distorted after use from what I have seen. Out of the box, they are generally fine. If we had wheels that were OK new and vibrated bad after a few runs, they are tossed away, simple as that. Also, I don't use PRE mounts. The PRE mounts generally come loose and are out of balance. Thats has been a ProLine issue, bottom line. Go take a look at some and see for yourself.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

the jconcept truggy crosshairs i have been running dont need any balancing, there isnt a bit of wobble
Old 03-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Lord

OK, if they were fine new and they got out of balance after TWO qualifiers, the rims are most likely bent or dinged. The AKA foams haven't distorted after use from what I have seen. Out of the box, they are generally fine. If we had wheels that were OK new and vibrated bad after a few runs, they are tossed away, simple as that. Also, I don't use PRE mounts. The PRE mounts generally come loose and are out of balance. Thats has been a ProLine issue, bottom line. Go take a look at some and see for yourself.

who said anything about proline......these are buddy's Premount's were talkin....My glue job citi's beams and Grid's ALL needed about the same amount of weight also....all the buggy citi's beams and grid's took anywhere from .6g to 1.6g to get perfect.....the truggy's on the other hand were more like 2.6g+....1 extreme came out at 6gr to get purfect and it was a I-Beam...the tire's i balanced at the track last weekend took around 4-4.5g to get perfect which were Pre mount citi-beam Soft truggy combo...out of the package I ran one quali and balanced after Noticing an Wobble the SECOND i started it on the box.....Revving it wobble'd a little but on the rev down the 1 tire shook like it was out..that tire took 5grams if i remember correctly....iM ANAL on my tire's if you cant tell already.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Proline truggy foam can be far out of balance. And it moves around inside the tire as you drive . So your once balanced tires wont say that way. J Concepts foam is much better. It seams that the truggy holeshots are the only proline tire I can wear out without the foams causing balance problems.

Proline buggy foam since there is less of it has less balance problems. I have had the proline buggy foam breakdown and get lumps in the tire. The J Concepts foam appears to suffer less breakdown.

The quality of the tires are good from both companys. The J Concepts tires do not have as much molding flash on the mounting lip so are less work to mount up.

I think that proline will have new foams and flat profile truggy tires soon to compete with J Concepts. I wear out only 2 or 3 sets a month and I can see whats up. So I am shure proline knows whats up.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Initiate

We are looking to buy jconcepts in to the uk . Iff the insert are moving when driving mayby glue them on the rims than the wheel will be never be out of balance .
Old 03-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It may work but what glue would you use? shoe goo maybe? What ever you use would have to test on a small section to see if it attacks the foam. Also I think the surface of the foam that is glued may rip away from the rest of the foam. Plus its just 1 more step in a job that sucks anyway. It may handle better or balloon less but I am too poor to risk killing a set of tires. I am just gona buy the J concepts stuff. I did see on the internet somebody saying to wrap the foam with packing tape. I never tried it for the same reason I said above.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

JConcepts...Ruona's got it goin' on!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:13 AM
Tech Initiate

still lookig in to the eu if they got the new jconcepts
Old 03-09-2009, 04:19 AM
Tech Initiate

What is the effect of the large rims on a buggy?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cube1984
still lookig in to the eu if they got the new jconcepts
LRP is our distributor for most of mainland Europe and SMD is our exclusive in the UK.

http://www.s-m-d.co.uk/
Old 03-10-2009, 02:43 AM
Tech Initiate

hello andy,

Thx for the info i will contact lrp or smd thx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.