R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to porkchop Send a message via Yahoo to porkchop

i have tons of tires way to many just about everthing made.
JConcepts keep coming up with the tire for me to run i chose it over just about anything they have steped there game way up this year. they will be the tire to run in 09
Old 03-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMoore View Post
Our being "out there" is dependent on you guys asking for them at your LHS. We are distributed through HRP and Great Planes, and are on Carolinas, AMain, Tower, Stormer, etc.
Andy,

I kinda meant more tread pattern options for the Truggy line in the InchUp series. Sevens, Hitment, Crossbows, DoubleDees....I would love to be able to swap between the Hitmen during the day, Sevens for late afternoon and swap to the DD's at night when the track finally gets damp and grooved up...

I run on a lot of tracks where I would prefer to have a tread that is "between" your current truggy offerings. I know what Crosshairs claim to run on...I just haven't gotten the gumption to try a set and become a believer yet

I've run a set of JC DD buggy tires and liked them all around though! I'm just looking to break away from PL.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:52 AM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

the crosshair truggies work well on just about any surface, i have run them on really hard packed blue groove and loamy conditions, they hooked up well in both situations
cjm1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #19
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

I was pretty impressed with J Concepts tires when I got to try some. Got a set of Goosebumps Truggy in Blue compound and the guy I got them off of mounted them up to some Proline LPR dish rims. I was amazed at how much traction they generated and how planted they felt.

Liked it enough to purchase the double dees in blue to try as well as the goose bumps in blue to try, both for buggy. Excellent tires and have held there tread quite well too.

One thing I have noticed I didn't like about proline rims recently was that the glue I use doesn't seem to stick too well to them. This is a glue I had zero issues with gluing to other brands of rims, but one tire came clean off on one side. Even my low budget advantage orange rims I got on sale at Carolinas RC for $7 for 4 had zero issues with holding.

I did pickup another set of M3 crimefighters for buggy since they are pretty good starter tire out here, but, in the future, probably will run with JC and AKA only, with a GRP thrown in as needed (love there stuff).
Old 03-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #20
Tech Master

Try:
VP Pro Racing Tires

Available in the USA next month.
VP Pro USA
Machine's R/C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #21
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I will say the VP tires are great and the cost is over the top.
boogeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #22
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edumakated View Post
I have had good luck with proline tires, but I am going to go on record and say the proline rims are garbage. Every set of proline rims I have ever bought barely last through one race day before they crack or strip. I haven't had this problem with any other brand of rims I have owned - kyosho, j concepts, associated, losi, blah, blah...
ivr never heard or seen of this happening, i race EVERY weekend and i dont have a problem with there rims. if prolines new tires are balanced ill try them but if not im going to try j concepts, im getting more serious into racing and i want somethin i dont have to worry about balancing, and plus ryan maifield races at my local tracks so he can help me with any issues

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AndyMoore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblgjr View Post
Andy,

I kinda meant more tread pattern options for the Truggy line in the InchUp series. Sevens, Hitment, Crossbows, DoubleDees....I would love to be able to swap between the Hitmen during the day, Sevens for late afternoon and swap to the DD's at night when the track finally gets damp and grooved up...

I run on a lot of tracks where I would prefer to have a tread that is "between" your current truggy offerings. I know what Crosshairs claim to run on...I just haven't gotten the gumption to try a set and become a believer yet

I've run a set of JC DD buggy tires and liked them all around though! I'm just looking to break away from PL.
Ahh, I got ya. I would definitely try a set of Half-Ups CrossHairs, they really do work in nearly every situation. Maifield has been fast with those tires at every track he has run at since using them first 10 months ago.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:49 PM   #24
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdbias View Post
cube1984- I'll try to get some info for you.
Thx wow this threat is going verry fast
cube1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #25
Tech Adept

I vote for Pro-Line, especially the Revolver is a great addition.

I don't think balancing would be such big thing, each and every tire can be balanced... compounds and patterns are lot more important.

I think in Europe JC is harder to get and more expensive. Also Pro-Line have more teamdrivers to help.
Gergely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #26
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

if you are just running proline buggy tires balancing isnt a issue, the truggy ones are just so out of balance its not funny, my favorite truggy tire was the m3 crimefighter, i would run them and then balance them, but after running them for a few more tanks they had to be rebalanced again, i kept fighting with them and rebalancing it wasnt as noticeble on the holeshotm3 truggy tires, but after i glued up the blue crosshairs and threw them on the truck and ran a few practice tanks and didnt have a wobble, then ran my qualifiers and the tire still wasnt wobbling, then racing my 30 min main with the same set and still having a good amount of life left, the track was really grooved up and hard packed the tires were still good enough to race last weekend, they still are good enough to run some more
cjm1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:42 PM   #27
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
im getting more serious into racing and i want somethin i dont have to worry about balancing,

No such thing my friend...Ever rim+tire ive come across needed at minimum 1gram of weight added. truggy is more like 3+grams.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Lately, we haven't needed to balance any AKA or JConcept tires. Unless you glob CA glue, they've always spun up with no vibration. If there was any, we haven't noticed it.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:54 AM   #29
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
Lately, we haven't needed to balance any AKA or JConcept tires. Unless you glob CA glue, they've always spun up with no vibration. If there was any, we haven't noticed it.

slap em on a balancer and you'll see what i mean...EVERY AKA truggy tire ive balanced required weight....and ive balanced up over a dozen pair's. AKA im talkin here....i have yett to try the new JC's.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:21 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
slap em on a balancer and you'll see what i mean...EVERY AKA truggy tire ive balanced required weight....and ive balanced up over a dozen pair's. AKA im talkin here....i have yett to try the new JC's.
Maybe on truggy, but buggy has been fine so far.