Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New shock absorber coming from the US. >

New shock absorber coming from the US.

New shock absorber coming from the US.

Old 03-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up New shock absorber coming from the US.

Just wanted to let you guys know there is a new shock absorber coming from Texas. Our intial focus will be 1/8th scale buggies and truggies. We will then move on to 10th and sedan type shocks.

I'm posting this because there are a lot of rumors and speculation as to what is happening with this research. I also don't feel like highjacking the Virus thread and can safely assure you that our shock is nothing like what they are producing. That looks like good stuff. Time will tell.

For those of you that don't know me... I'm out of the Dallas area and race regularly at Indy RC World. Our shocks have been tested extensivly here and at other locations for a few months. Be forewarned they are PAT PEND.

The issues we answer with our shocks are:
The reduction of the bottoming out moment or threshold of the shock - adjustable regardless of spring or dampening.
Independantly controlled compression dampening.
Independantly controlled rebound dampening.
Adjustable air pack.

What this means??? You can run much softer suspension setup that will allow you to adhere to the ground better thereby gaining traction. You can still carry the big jumps without loosing control or having to wait to apply power.
Why be a slave to the jumps?

There will be more information coming shortly. Be patient.
For those of you that posted on the other thread. Thanks and enjoy!
Have fun!
TEX
<------Not done yet!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Pics? Price? Proof? Release date?

Once all four have been adequately fulfilled I'll buy a set. Better shocks would be handy I think. If you need a Canadian tester though this spring just PM me
Old 03-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'll believe it when I see it. Would be cool though.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up Fair enough...

Pics? - No pics at this time due to the change from prototype differences from actual production. Aslo due to the IP involved we would rather not. Expect this by the end of the month.

Price? - $79.99 per pair. They come in 95, 105, 115 and 125mm pairs.

Proof? - Can't offer you anything good here except if someone gets on that has run them during our preproduction phase.

Release date? - Late April to early may.

Its simple. If we deliver a shock that can do what we say it does then give it a try. If it does not do all of those things to offer you that adjustability then don't buy them. It just makes sense. I will not cry about it.

I have several patents and am involved in other industries. Stay tuned and hopefully you will be very pleased. I'm working hard for that.
TEX
Old 03-06-2009, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Well TEX make it happen.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (97%+)

you should send some out here to me on the east coast to do some testing on my SH/LRP Z-Car. Will be running all the big races over here!!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Put my name on a set Tex. When you were showing me them few months back I knew I wanted some. Amazing shocks guys!!!!
Little off subject Tex. Who did you tell me to ask for this weekend about that cracked OS piston? Are you gonna be there Sunday? When are the Mains starting on Sunday??
Old 03-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

This should be fun to see what you've come up with.

The Virus setup looks ok; maybe an improvement.

I'll probably have to see a set in action before jumping in on 'em.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Proof

I will jump on here and vouch for Tex's shocks, I have been running them for about a month now and think they are the single biggest improvement to my lap times I have ever made. This is my first year in expert and these shocks have made the jump a whole lot less painful than expected.

Like Tex said the car is more driveable in the corners because you can run such a light oil set up increasing corner traction without sacrificing jumping or landing ability. I ran the stock shocks back to back with Tex's and his were 2 seconds faster per lap and actually gave me my first ever expert TQ that night against some good drivers and even one electric buggy (those things are fast). My fastest lap was within 3/10 of a second of the fastest lap turned by any pro! (I am not that fast) Unfortunately when these shocks come out and the playing field is leveled I will go back to the C main. Oh well thanks Tex it's been fun while it lasts. (please don't come out with them till after the first pro series race!!!)

Several people will be running them this weekend at the melt down at Indy (in Dallas) and I think the shocks will speak for themselves!

Tex my question to you is where are my Truggy shocks? haha lol
Old 03-06-2009, 03:44 PM
JQ
Tech Master

have any top drivers tried them. I mean pro drivers
Old 03-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default shocks

what cars the new shocks would fit???
Old 03-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

I'll also vouch for the shocks, I've seen them run several times. I've never run them, but they are real.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nick Vanderpool
I will jump on here and vouch for Tex's shocks, I have been running them for about a month now and think they are the single biggest improvement to my lap times I have ever made. This is my first year in expert and these shocks have made the jump a whole lot less painful than expected.

Like Tex said the car is more driveable in the corners because you can run such a light oil set up increasing corner traction without sacrificing jumping or landing ability. I ran the stock shocks back to back with Tex's and his were 2 seconds faster per lap and actually gave me my first ever expert TQ that night against some good drivers and even one electric buggy (those things are fast). My fastest lap was within 3/10 of a second of the fastest lap turned by any pro! (I am not that fast) Unfortunately when these shocks come out and the playing field is leveled I will go back to the C main. Oh well thanks Tex it's been fun while it lasts. (please don't come out with them till after the first pro series race!!!)

Several people will be running them this weekend at the melt down at Indy (in Dallas) and I think the shocks will speak for themselves!

Tex my question to you is where are my Truggy shocks? haha lol
Yeah, i saw that run and was shocked to see Vanderpool take out a very fast driver. I've been on Tex for a while about the way his cars are running. I couldn't put my finger on it, just that they looked a little too good on the track. Tex is a mad scientist when it comes to stuff like this. I wouldn't doubt for a minute he got them figured out.

I also noticed the pack and rebound of the shocks didn't seem to respond the same. good pack with a quick rebound response. He's definitely on to something.

good luck with the venture...this is Big G btw..
Old 03-07-2009, 06:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I look forward to seeing these Tex.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Interesting indeed. What cars have you test mounted on? The reason I ask is that I am guessing that these features take up length in the shock body and make for a shock stroke that won't be the same as a conventional shock of the same length. Assuming that, shock towers that adjust for that might be helpful to optimize the shocks to a given car. Congrats TEX, this has been a LONG time coming in this hobby.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.