Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New shock absorber coming from the US. >

New shock absorber coming from the US.

New shock absorber coming from the US.

Old 03-18-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tex1
Pics? - No pics at this time due to the change from prototype differences from actual production. Aslo due to the IP involved we would rather not. Expect this by the end of the month.

Price? - $79.99 per pair. They come in 95, 105, 115 and 125mm pairs.

Proof? - Can't offer you anything good here except if someone gets on that has run them during our preproduction phase.

Release date? - Late April to early may.

Its simple. If we deliver a shock that can do what we say it does then give it a try. If it does not do all of those things to offer you that adjustability then don't buy them. It just makes sense. I will not cry about it.

I have several patents and am involved in other industries. Stay tuned and hopefully you will be very pleased. I'm working hard for that.
TEX
Its about time with all this new tech out in the world that someone used it to produce a new rc shock good for you guys, i hope they dont leak
Old 03-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kaptain crash
Such a joke! And a whole year of it! Think this just made the biggest BS thred in rc tech
And i just realized there were 25 pages of it, i thought there was only 2 pages and this was new... So i dont have to read every page what going on here?
Old 03-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DiZzYNaTiOn
And i just realized there were 25 pages of it, i thought there was only 2 pages and this was new... So i dont have to read every page what going on here?
Nothing.... there has not been any news in quite a while.... I ran into the same thing until I realized that the thread was started a long time ago....
Old 03-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No worries guys this is a dead thread and it was only a mind game as there is NO information nor truth that has been brought to life to make this into something that we will be seeing anytime soon. Personally I think it was a complete farse.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Illbreakthat
No worries guys this is a dead thread and it was only a mind game as there is NO information nor truth that has been brought to life to make this into something that we will be seeing anytime soon. Personally I think it was a complete farse.
The shocks were real. 2 friends of mine in Texas did extensive testing with them when Tex made the prototypes using XRAY shocks. That was a very long time ago though and right after TEX said they were going into production was right when everything went quiet. It's been an abnormal amount of time so my best guess would be that due to lack of quality or atronomical costs in manufacturing Tex scrapped the whole idea, but that's just a guess. After all this time I'd bet it's safe to say these shocks are pretty much dead though
Old 03-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rfleck
Of course it easy to poke fun of people. There have been alot of things outside of the "shock project" for Tex.

For one, he took over the local hobby shop in our area which would have closed.

Not sure why the project never came to life although I am sure it was a good reason or many.

Cmon guys, if the thread was as old as it was....seems better to let it rest???
He's the guy that took over Indy?
Old 03-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by pickle311
He's the guy that took over Indy?
That is correct, yes.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Should have sold the design to the highest bidder... Then don't have to worry about it.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If, in fact, there are any bidders...

These 'state of the art' new wave experiments show up time and again in the hobby.

That's all they end up being, experiments. If the biggest names with the deepest pockets aren't willing to 'pony up' to Joe Smoe's latest, greatest, fastest....odds are Joe realizes his limited wallet is hardly worth the risk....
Old 03-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

new cadillac cts-v has dual stage magnetic shocks.... looks like the highest bidder won.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Addict

Please...yeah....that wasn't in house.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Joe Smoe sold them that............
Old 03-18-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

About twenty years ago....when magnetic ride control was conceived....

Given it was introduced in 2002...and technology rarely evolves 'over night'...you can bet the engineers at GM were cooking this for a while.

GM engineers lay claim to this one. It had been played within the F1 ranks many years prior...but abandoned knowing the sanctioning bodies would chit all over it.

The technology is hardly rocket science, it was basically a matter of controlling the substrate within the damping medium, as the technology became available it became second nature to pursue it to the production level.

Last edited by cordarrow; 03-18-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cordarrow
About twenty years ago....when magnetic ride control was conceived....

Given it was introduced in 2002...and technology rarely evolves 'over night'...you can bet the engineers at GM were cooking this for a while.

GM engineers lay claim to this one. It had been played within the F1 ranks many years prior...but abandoned knowing the sanctioning bodies would chit all over it.

The technology is hardly rocket science, it was basically a matter of controlling the substrate within the damping medium, as the technology became available it became second nature to pursue it to the production level.

Yes but if what I have heard about this shock is true, that is NOT what it is.

Also if what I heard is true, I believe there is a much easier way to do it that doesn't involve the shocks at all. There is a 1/12th using the same idea external to the shock in fact.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wingracer
Yes but if what I have heard about this shock is true, that is NOT what it is.

Also if what I heard is true, I believe there is a much easier way to do it that doesn't involve the shocks at all. There is a 1/12th using the same idea external to the shock in fact.
that sounds interesting. which 1/12 scale car are you talking about?