R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #241
Tech Addict
 
losiracer78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spring , TX
Posts: 513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
I didn't know that part....ive heard and read about each indecent but had NO CLUE all them had tex's shocks on them......that sounds like something fishy is going on honestly.....just doesn't jive if you ask me.
Intgra what doesnt jive for you two team drives had their cars stolen. Both are drives for xray. The shocks have nothing to do with the cars getting ripped off. Just happen to have the shocks on them. There is nothing fish about anything. Jason and Nick just want their cars back im sure they could give a rats A@# about the shocks. Just because they have Tex's shocks on them doesnt mean anything. So if they had the same motors on them then that means something is fishy or dosent jive..... NO
__________________
Screen Names Has Changed To mayhem04
losiracer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #242
Tech Master
 
rcmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: plano,tx
Posts: 1,702
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

has anyone had a problem with the magnets coming off the piston ?
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #243
Tech Master
 
captain america's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,425
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losiracer78 View Post
Intgra what doesnt jive for you two team drives had their cars stolen. Both are drives for xray. The shocks have nothing to do with the cars getting ripped off. Just happen to have the shocks on them. There is nothing fish about anything. Jason and Nick just want their cars back im sure they could give a rats A@# about the shocks. Just because they have Tex's shocks on them doesnt mean anything. So if they had the same motors on them then that means something is fishy or dosent jive..... NO
From what I know, these shocks aren't in production yet, and only a very select few have been put out for evaluation; you totally can't compare a prototype item issued in restricted quantities to something like an engine that is commercially available.

For what it's worth, does anyone know just how many sets are floating around out there in total?
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:17 PM   #244
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Eastern Iowa
Posts: 493
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to captaindemo17
Default

I guess the only way i would consider buying them is if the pros are using them. Otherwise its just another new product for the day
captaindemo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:23 PM   #245
Tech Addict
 
losiracer78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spring , TX
Posts: 513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain america View Post
From what I know, these shocks aren't in production yet, and only a very select few have been put out for evaluation; you totally can't compare a prototype item issued in restricted quantities to something like an engine that is commercially available.

For what it's worth, does anyone know just how many sets are floating around out there in total?
I know they are not the same and I know about the shocks.... I was maken a point . I have ran a set at Indy before. Jason and nick just want their stuff back and you have this person saying something is fishy. It some no good people stealing things from two great people
__________________
Screen Names Has Changed To mayhem04
losiracer78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:08 PM   #246
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losiracer78 View Post
Intgra what doesnt jive for you two team drives had their cars stolen. Both are drives for xray. The shocks have nothing to do with the cars getting ripped off. Just happen to have the shocks on them. There is nothing fish about anything. Jason and Nick just want their cars back im sure they could give a rats A@# about the shocks. Just because they have Tex's shocks on them doesnt mean anything. So if they had the same motors on them then that means something is fishy or dosent jive..... NO
i think you read my post the wrong way buddy.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:10 PM   #247
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losiracer78 View Post
I know they are not the same and I know about the shocks.... I was maken a point . I have ran a set at Indy before. Jason and nick just want their stuff back and you have this person saying something is fishy. It some no good people stealing things from two great people


again....read my post....Carefully....it WAS NOT meant to be as you are playing it out to be.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:41 AM   #248
Tech Regular
 
Who8mySandwich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 246
Default

Aye
Who8mySandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:52 AM   #249
Tech Initiate
 
Nick Vanderpool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20
Default Stolen

Just for clarification on the stolen items it was three 808's and two XT8's all of them new 09' spec cars, and a bag (22 full sets of Buggy and Truggy tires) of AKA wheels and tires some mounted some not. I dont think whoever stole them new about the shocks but it would seem somebody knew what they were stealing and were we where.

And yes we would like our stuff back, the fact is even with insurance it will be very difficult to reaquire all that was stolen money wise. The other issue is with three big races left (TX state finals, Nitrocross worlds and the Pro Series race) it is hard to get the motors broke in and the cars handling like our old ones.
__________________
Hummerguy
Nick Vanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:22 PM   #250
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 115
Default

I spoke to Tex the other day and he said they were doing a revision on one part of the shocks. No ETA on them being available, but this incident with the stolen cars doesn't seem to be a setback for him.
bottomline2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:19 PM   #251
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline2000 View Post
I spoke to Tex the other day and he said they were doing a revision on one part of the shocks. No ETA on them being available, but this incident with the stolen cars doesn't seem to be a setback for him.


Good to hear.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:51 PM   #252
Tech Elite
 
Zerodefect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Underground, Ohio
Posts: 4,305
Default

I don't think anyone in the industry would steal these on purpose.

Putting neodymium magnets in a shock and a custom flex chassis is hardly rocket science.

Probally someone from the track recognized your car and took advantage of the situation. Its not rare for things to disappear from a LHS and it be someone working there.



I sure hope it deosn't hurt Tex. We really need some real shocks. Isn't RCAmerica assosiated with Xray? So is it a big jump to think these things may see their way into Xray kits?


<-Not a wheel, but a rumor mill.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #253
Tech Addict
 
griz11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Granite Shoals Tx
Posts: 632
Send a message via MSN to griz11
Default Hey Tex do you need some video

I'm here in Tx too and I like to help out fellow Texans. When you get these pups ready to go give me a shout and I'll make you some excellent video of your shocks in action. I love to do close up slomo

Griz
__________________
PRO MOtion FOtos
Racing Images
www.youtube.com/griz11 Photos are here www.pbase/griz11 www.elroyjetson.info
Canon 7D EF400 EF70-200 EF40 Tamron SP70-300
griz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:08 PM   #254
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz11 View Post
I'm here in Tx too and I like to help out fellow Texans. When you get these pups ready to go give me a shout and I'll make you some excellent video of your shocks in action. I love to do close up slomo

Griz


Now that would be cool....a comparison video in slo mo.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:41 AM   #255
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 105
Default

any word on when they will hit the track yet?

Last edited by axle; 10-24-2009 at 07:40 PM.
axle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:34 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net