R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #196
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I say take the time needed to get these produced to the highest quality.If you release something so refined only to have them fail or break due to shotty manif it would put a huge damper in the hype of the product.Not to mention pisss me off LOL Due it right and bring diamonds to the market not coal
With all that said i cant wait to get a pair for my 8ight 2.0 and would love to see a video
buggydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #197
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

wow gotta say that my interest is peaked after reading a few posts. would love to see some "spy" shots if their out there???

hope all is going well tex

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:45 PM   #198
Tech Initiate

Im getting kind of stoked on these shocks. Cant wait to see them in action.
Hans_Andersson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:50 PM   #199
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Thumbs up OK.... time to talk.

Seems everyone is ready to see these shocks. The reason I have not showed them is so that I do not educate everyone in the industry before Tellmic Racing takes off. You will understand when you see them.
The shocks are Magna Shocks.

They simply use a magnetic field to cushion the action when the shock is about to reach its mechanical threshold. Hence adjustable threshold limiters. Your chassis can still bottom out. Not for very long and much much less often. This allows you to run a much softer setup because the jumps and large bumps are handled by the limiters.

The pistons are valved so that flow can be controlled independently with the compressing action and the extension action.

The shafts are different than any seen in the industry. 4 mm long throw.

How the shock mounts to the tower is different as well.

We have a revised wiper system that will wear no where near as fast as what is currently available.

My production metal comes from the anodizer tomorrow.

Pics and drawings very soon. I promise.
BTW - The concepts that make the Magna Shock different are patent pending.

I hope you guys have fun.
TEX
Tellmic Racing
<------- Not done Yet!
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:59 PM   #200
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex1 View Post
Seems everyone is ready to see these shocks. The reason I have not showed them is so that I do not educate everyone in the industry before Tellmic Racing takes off. You will understand when you see them.
The shocks are Magna Shocks.

They simply use a magnetic field to cushion the action when the shock is about to reach its mechanical threshold. Hence adjustable threshold limiters. Your chassis can still bottom out. Not for very long and much much less often. This allows you to run a much softer setup because the jumps and large bumps are handled by the limiters.

The pistons are valved so that flow can be controlled independently with the compressing action and the extension action.

The shafts are different than any seen in the industry. 4 mm long throw.

How the shock mounts to the tower is different as well.

We have a revised wiper system that will wear no where near as fast as what is currently available.

My production metal comes from the anodizer tomorrow.

Pics and drawings very soon. I promise.
BTW - The concepts that make the Magna Shock different are patent pending.

I hope you guys have fun.
TEX
Tellmic Racing
<------- Not done Yet!
Thanks Tex!
You know me well enough to know that I can't stop talking, it was very hard to not tell people how they worked. Now I can speak......

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:09 PM   #201
Tech Adept

WooHoo!!! Ok, I have a set of the prototypes, they are flat amazing. I am now 2 seconds faster then I EVER was running, the shocks allow the car to soak up everything and not slap on jumps (at least I am not slapping).

I know that many will not believe...please....don't! Let me keep my freaking advantage for as long as possible! I let a few other guys drive my car today at the track...they will heve these shocks ASAP.

I cannot say enough about them but then who the hell am I, just some unknown who races just like 1000's of others. I am no a pro level driver, I am just a regular guy who drives like most on here, but they may be of more benefit to those like me then anybody else. I can get away with not driving the perfect line now, if I screw up they cover my tracks for me. I am sure that the great drivers will see an equal benefit, but for a normal guy likeme they keep my car shiney side up so I am not having to wait to be marshalled.

And I do not even have the full on production version that has some improvements...
USP45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:23 PM   #202
Tech Master

Also I now can say what's next.

Please, if any of you see or hear about a 808 that has "odd" (Tex's prototypes) shocks on it at a track in south Florida. This car was stole from me!! The shocks have metal disks inside above the pistons. I've been keeping it quite about the shocks on my car because I didn't want Tex's secret to get out buy the theif, he was a member of rc tech.

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”

Last edited by jrwoodchuck; 06-18-2009 at 08:43 PM.
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #203
Tech Adept

Are these shocks going to be approved by track/racing regulations? ROAR etc?

As an engineer, I am always interested in new ideas and technologies. I feel one possible hurdle for this new product, if your patents are 'tight' enough, then obviously none of the big manufacturers can have anything similar, thus there will be a big 'push' to have them illegal in regulated racing events. Has this been addressed? I am pretty new to the whole r/c scene so I could be totally off base. I would love some descriptions of how they work. From what I hear, it sounds like a neat innovative idea!
Larks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:35 PM   #204
Tech Adept

I do not see how they could make them illegal, there is no electronic or active managment of the shock. Also, having these shock will not garantee you of a win, the driver will still have to do their part and people will continue to win who do not have these shocks against those who do. But these shock will give you an edge, period.

Other shocks have been introduced with new innovations, some have even had one form or another of adjustable dampning and they have not been eliminated. The main issue will probably be that these actually work, they do make a difference. Time will tell but I would hazard a gues to say that you will see these shocks at your local tracks once they are out. Wouldn't be suprized to see a magazine article on them at some point either, they may really shake things up.
USP45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:07 PM   #205
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm ready to try some. Hope there out soon.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:19 AM   #206
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to DOMIT Send a message via Yahoo to DOMIT

Hey for all you naysayers out there... just move along... nothing to see here. I'm just a sucker who doesn't understand mechanical concepts, that's why I'm getting some. Go buy those European shocks... they look really bling, yo!
Unsponsored, but I use/recommend: XRay XB9, Alpha A852, Dynamite 053, Airtronics M11, Hitec 5955TG & 7955TG, ABEC 35 clutch and chassis bearings, PTRCRacing shock and diff fluids, Ready Rollers ceramic engine bearings. ** Team Terribles Region 9 coordinator. ** JOIN TEAM TERRIBLES! All racers welcome! PM me for details.
DOMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:22 AM   #207
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Hey for all you naysayers out there... just move along... nothing to see here. I'm just a sucker who doesn't understand mechanical concepts, that's why I'm getting some. Go buy those European shocks... they look really bling, yo!

Tex im glad the project is moving forward again.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:30 AM   #208
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Only non-flamers are allowed to buy them, so F$#k off all you haters!!...
Old 06-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #209
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by USP45 View Post
I do not see how they could make them illegal, there is no electronic or active managment of the shock. Also, having these shock will not garantee you of a win, the driver will still have to do their part and people will continue to win who do not have these shocks against those who do. But these shock will give you an edge, period.

Other shocks have been introduced with new innovations, some have even had one form or another of adjustable dampning and they have not been eliminated. The main issue will probably be that these actually work, they do make a difference. Time will tell but I would hazard a gues to say that you will see these shocks at your local tracks once they are out. Wouldn't be suprized to see a magazine article on them at some point either, they may really shake things up.

As long as you get them out to the pro drivers and they see a difference then they will take off. Ill be getting a set none the less, but its easy for a big manu to license the tech especially if the fast guys want it.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:43 PM   #210
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know this question is going to be rather premature, but what is the expected/projected price for a set of 4 of these shocks? Are these shocks going to cost as much as a new buggy or are they going to be rather affordable?

I have to say that I would be interested in buying these shocks, but not if they cost an arm and a leg!
Galeleo is offline   Reply With Quote