Wiki Posts
Search

New shock absorber coming from the US.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RJNicholson
I would hold off, and if any of you actually knows who Tex really is and his impact on the Paintball world you would know to expect the best and if they aren't here yet there is a damn good reason, but they will get here when the time is right and everything is up to Tex's standards.

I haven't personally met Tex yet at the track, but I have seen the shocks in action on an XRay with a fellow drive at Indy, and they are extremely dialed.

I heard somewhere that Tex is the creative mind behind the "Halo" system in paintball. With that said anyone that plays knows what impact this has made on the paintball world, and I would put everything I have on a bet that these shocks will do the same thing for RC.

is tex's real name James T. Christopher or Albert G. Schilling
Old 05-29-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bradfox2
is tex's real name James T. Christopher or Albert G. Schilling

The first one. Tex Christopher. Why do you ask?
Old 05-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

Production difficulties, companies are making promises on plastic moldings that they cannot deliver and thus promises were made on release that cannot be met. They are in process and no more dates on release want to be made in case of other unforseen problems.

Just what I heard.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

All this negativity can be cleared up with a word from Tex...why has he not responded to any of this...just a quick word as to why the delay would stop all the flamers..after all he did start the thread...The people that know about the shocks are sticking up for them, but we sure can use some help from Tex to put everyone at ease
Old 05-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

IS THIS THREAD REALLY STILL GOING??????

J
Old 05-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
All this negativity can be cleared up with a word from Tex...why has he not responded to any of this...just a quick word as to why the delay would stop all the flamers..after all he did start the thread...The people that know about the shocks are sticking up for them, but we sure can use some help from Tex to put everyone at ease

X2....Tex...where you at ?
Old 05-31-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DOMIT
The first one. Tex Christopher. Why do you ask?
Those are the patent holders on the Halo Hopper system that are so popular in paintball.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bradfox2
Those are the patent holders on the Halo Hopper system that are so popular in paintball.
yeah these shocks will probably do the same thing for RC as the Halo hopper did for paintball. I remeber seeing the protos for that and now look at them. sure hate they're not available. right now they are just an unfair advantage..to all those that have them enjoy for now bustas. I'll keep playing with shock oil in the meantime..lol.

I'll have a set regardless of where this thread goes. maybe post a video of one of the trucks running with the shocks so everyone can see how they work. worth the wait IMO.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by bottomline2000
yeah these shocks will probably do the same thing for RC as the Halo hopper did for paintball. I remeber seeing the protos for that and now look at them. sure hate they're not available. right now they are just an unfair advantage..to all those that have them enjoy for now bustas. I'll keep playing with shock oil in the meantime..lol.

I'll have a set regardless of where this thread goes. maybe post a video of one of the trucks running with the shocks so everyone can see how they work. worth the wait IMO.
You can EASILY see the difference going around the track. These shocks allow the shocks and springs to be softer without bottoming out... the car just "works' better because you don't have to go stiffer than optimum for the track just to prevent it from bottoming out on jumps and big ruts... a more compliant suspension keeps the tires in contact with the track surface, meaning more traction... and it also helps the car be more stable. It just glides over stuff that jars the others all around.

I wish I could get some video so you could see the difference, it is very noticeable and very impressive to watch the suspension work with these shocks!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:00 AM
Tech Adept

Just read this thread from beginning to end, wow, makes me feel like a kid before Christmas. But unlike some of the children on here, it doesn't make me act like one..... Can't wait for them to become available. I might get the jump on some of the guys down here in oz. hehehe

Pete.

P.S. For the guys acting like spoilt little brats, demanding that mummy buy them a chocolate or they're going to have a bummy spit..... get over it!!! Christmas will get here when it gets here!!
Old 06-01-2009, 05:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Post Where we are.....

Tellmic Racing is the company name.
It will be www.tellmic.com (we are not quite done with the site so stay tuned)

We have had difficulty with our overseas mfg plant. Simple things really. To shore this up, our engineer has his feet on the ground over there as of Friday. He is making sure our first run items are ready and meet the specs we have called for. Their samples did not meet our standards. We have to do this to make sure it goes right.

I received some stuff for pics on Friday.

Domit has the right information.

Pretty good connection on the old Halo stuff. I'll probably have new patents issued on that thing for the next 10 years. We are always upgrading and evolving that project.

We are behind schedule. We will do it right. You will be happy with M-Shocks! 2 things to rest assured about.
1. Nobody wants to have this on the market more than me. Think about it.
2. It is not my first rodeo. If we do it right, you will feel better doing business with us later.

Trust me... it is so much more involved than this one product.

Hint... anyone that knows the current Halos should know where I'm going with these shocks.

TEX
<------ Not done yet!!
Old 06-01-2009, 05:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DOMIT
You can EASILY see the difference going around the track. These shocks allow the shocks and springs to be softer without bottoming out... the car just "works' better because you don't have to go stiffer than optimum for the track just to prevent it from bottoming out on jumps and big ruts... a more compliant suspension keeps the tires in contact with the track surface, meaning more traction... and it also helps the car be more stable. It just glides over stuff that jars the others all around.

I wish I could get some video so you could see the difference, it is very noticeable and very impressive to watch the suspension work with these shocks!

what's up Brad. this is Big G. I got some video. I'll see what i can do to hack it up. I was only able to keep up with Courtney for about 2 laps haha. had to push my truck too hard to keep up. he was coasting and making mistakes, but you can't really tell cause his suspension was soaking it up. I changed my setup and it made my truck harder to drive so I went back to what works. consistant fast laps are hard to beat.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am definitely interested in trying these shocks when they are released.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Thank you Tex, and now all the haters can be quiet and just wait for the shocks
Old 06-01-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Thank you Tex, and now all the haters can be quiet and just wait for the shocks

I concur...

THX Tex.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.