R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #136
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron2u View Post
That concept went out the window with the Tamiya Frog!

and there is no such thing as "stock" when your car comes as a kit. Speed cost money....how fast do you want to go?? RC8T has 16mm ID shocks btw Tex!!
bottomline2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #137
Tech Adept

hey tex, im the guy with the blue 8ight 2.0 buggy thats up at indy almost every day. i would like to get a set from you if your making some for a losi for sure.ill take a set to try
bastard dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:27 AM   #138
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex1 View Post
Pics? - No pics at this time due to the change from prototype differences from actual production. Aslo due to the IP involved we would rather not. Expect this by the end of the month.

Price? - $79.99 per pair. They come in 95, 105, 115 and 125mm pairs.

Proof? - Can't offer you anything good here except if someone gets on that has run them during our preproduction phase.

Release date? - Late April to early may.

Its simple. If we deliver a shock that can do what we say it does then give it a try. If it does not do all of those things to offer you that adjustability then don't buy them. It just makes sense. I will not cry about it.

I have several patents and am involved in other industries. Stay tuned and hopefully you will be very pleased. I'm working hard for that.
TEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex1 View Post
Ron,
We could get some worked up for your 6. I need to get more involved with that car. It looks very nice. It does make a difference not having to spring for the jumps and landings. Talk to me tomorrow at the track and I'll take a look to see if something can be worked out.
I have pre-production components arriving in the next two weeks. This will allow me to post some pics and everyone can see what has been going on.
Good run.
TEX
Tex,

I've been following this thread noticed no updates recently. Are these still in the works?
razo125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #139
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by razo125 View Post
Tex,

I've been following this thread noticed no updates recently. Are these still in the works?
No Kidding, shit or get off the pot.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:43 PM   #140
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Not to get off topic but I have this propetual motion machine that can solve all the worlds energy problems I have been working on. I can tell you how it works or show you any pictures or proof but I promise it's coming and it'll be about $75. Should be out in two weeks.

Please hold your breath.
X-Ray X1 2016, 25.5 Motor, Hobbwing X10 Stock ESC
Ko Propo EX-1 V3
tunerjetta29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #141
Tech Master

butch man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:53 AM   #142
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

10 pages and still no sign of the elusive shocks? i think i have better luck spotting a bigfoot in the middle of time square...

ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:58 AM   #143
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

some people are like slinkies, their no fun untill u push them down the stairs
Old 05-10-2009, 09:16 AM   #144
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to foampervert
Default i've created cold fusion!

yes, that's right, cold fusion and the cure for cancer all in one shock system!

but because of IP issues i'd rather not disclose how it works. Cos the stinkin' asians might copy it... oh wait a minute... I'm asian and i live in asia... rats!

seriously though, if it's a shock system that does everything Tex says it can... more the power to you Tex! woohoo!

There's just one teensy prob, I have this prob with the adjustibility of the shocks, just like the ones from italy. they are nice and adjustable but how do you make sure all 4 shocks are adjusted equally?

aren't unequally damped shocks gonna make a bigger dent to your driving and consistency? I hope for your sake Tex, that you've made it possible to adjust the shocks equally in a totally brain dead way (and thats why i prefer smooth shocks that use plastic collar spacers instead of threaded shock bodies that use a threaded collar) instead of 'turn one screw 1/8th of a turn' and repeat on the other shock... gonna do crap for consistency.

Wishing you all the best!

Shalom and God Bless!

-alexander
p.s. btw if you'd like a tester for rough asian tracks (grass/clay/sandin hot humid, sometimes torrential weather), I'd be delighted to test em out for you.
i promise to keep the IP secret. I drive a mp9 in case you'll like to send me a set.

Sorex, i meant Sorex.
foampervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:17 AM   #145
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

all 4 shocks are easily and equally adjustable. the shocks are real. I have no idea why its taking so long to release them, and I cant speak on that, but flaming the thread and making fun of something just because its taking too long does no good for anyone.. I just dont see the point..Hyper 9 took over a year to be released...the new Odonnell engine still hasn't come out even though it had a Jan 1 2009 release date..you guys should be used to this by now. It happens in RC all the time. Acting like a bunch of spoiled children is not gonna speed things up at all.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #146
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ya'll hang on a second. The popcorn is done. I'll be right back. I don't want to miss anything....
Old 05-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #147
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Unlike many industries, the RC industry is driven by mostly smaller companies that do not have huge R&D departments with unlimited budgets. There are still companies like Losi and Kyosho who have large budgets and lots of employees, but they are not as big as you would think. The smaller upstart companies are often times run in someones spare time on top of a full time job, family etc....

I think it is great that someone is taking the time and spending the money to do something like this. I am glad to see someone step up and do this. It looks like he is taking the extra time to get them right before releasing them.
If an upstart company is too quick to release a product, there could be issues and that could kill the company before they even get started.

As a shock engineer in the full size automotive industry, I am very excited to see what Tex comes up with. I will have a set if they are everything they are said to be!

Take your time Tex, they wait will be worth it!

Colin
Old 05-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #148
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
all 4 shocks are easily and equally adjustable. the shocks are real. I have no idea why its taking so long to release them, and I cant speak on that, but flaming the thread and making fun of something just because its taking too long does no good for anyone.. I just dont see the point..Hyper 9 took over a year to be released...the new Odonnell engine still hasn't come out even though it had a Jan 1 2009 release date..you guys should be used to this by now. It happens in RC all the time. Acting like a bunch of spoiled children is not gonna speed things up at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C Branch View Post
Unlike many industries, the RC industry is driven by mostly smaller companies that do not have huge R&D departments with unlimited budgets. There are still companies like Losi and Kyosho who have large budgets and lots of employees, but they are not as big as you would think. The smaller upstart companies are often times run in someones spare time on top of a full time job, family etc....

I think it is great that someone is taking the time and spending the money to do something like this. I am glad to see someone step up and do this. It looks like he is taking the extra time to get them right before releasing them.
If an upstart company is too quick to release a product, there could be issues and that could kill the company before they even get started.

As a shock engineer in the full size automotive industry, I am very excited to see what Tex comes up with. I will have a set if they are everything they are said to be!

Take your time Tex, they wait will be worth it!

Colin
Agreed, I am looking forward to seeing these in action. I will be an early adopter once these come out.
razo125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #149
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by foampervert View Post

There's just one teensy prob, I have this prob with the adjustibility of the shocks, just like the ones from italy. they are nice and adjustable but how do you make sure all 4 shocks are adjusted equally?

aren't unequally damped shocks gonna make a bigger dent to your driving and consistency? I hope for your sake Tex, that you've made it possible to adjust the shocks equally in a totally brain dead way (and thats why i prefer smooth shocks that use plastic collar spacers instead of threaded shock bodies that use a threaded collar) instead of 'turn one screw 1/8th of a turn' and repeat on the other shock... gonna do crap for consistency.

there called digital caliper's.

I would NEVER go back to the plastic inserts for setting ride height....threaded bodies is Soooo much easier.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #150
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I love clip spacers, then again Im a kyosho guy through and through.I have threaded shocks on my current car but I still use spacers above them so I know everything is equal

Good post Colin
HaulinBass is offline   Reply With Quote