R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-08-2009, 09:59 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (99%+)

Ya want dyno, line your non powerhouse modded motor up to mine and I'll show ya what the hell power difference your missing, we can do a live in your face dyno anytime. LOL I don't need a dyno sheet to tell me what his work does and I have never questioned anything he has told me. I don't know mark personally and have never met the guy but Jkas10 another good friend told me about Mark and his work and that's all I needed to send mark my motor. I won't knock other modders and what they do but going to the track Sunday and lining up with guys that have their motors done by some of the other top mod companies, they are ready to switch over to the dark side of powerhouse mods! I have been running nitro R/C's for years and years and I have never had a motor perform like the one I got back from mark. Most people say alot of motors aren't even fully broke in til the 1 and 1/2 gallon mark and I have about 3/4 of a gallon through mine so I can't wait to see what this thing does when it's fully broke in if that's the case.
jldjlaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerHouse View Post
I have thought about the x-dyno and that was going to be my first choice because that seems to be what everyone else is using and it's nice to compare apples to apples but I have tried emailing Nitrodyne Systems and have no responses. I sent a few emails over the past few weeks and not getting a response. On their site they mentioned in 06 they were canning the project but may restart it again at a later date. Not sure when Eb or Adam bought theirs but I have had no luck getting in contact with them and i do not have a phone number to call direct. If someone knows something I don't, hook a brother up. I have used and operated dynos for years but have alot of experience using bigger dynos such as the Superflos and Huff Technology Dyno's and I agree, they are a great tool to have and nice to speed up the developement process instead of track testing the engines after each change. I have had great luck with the engines thus far, alot due to the fact I have extensive background and an education, but as far as making changes, it would be nice to see things going in the right direction in a shorter period of time. I mosty want a dyno to play with pipes, compression ratios, combustion chamber designs etc. just like in the old days. There is alot more hidden in those areas than you think and it's great to put thigs like that into the equation for an even better final product. I did alot of looking at other equipment and the only other dyno's I can find are chassis dyno's and that would be nice to test clutching efficiency but the losses accured in the driveline would show unless you figured out the exact correction and factored it in there but then that leaves alot of room for error and may or may not hold water against the other test results out there. I would definately prefer the X-dyno but if it is unavailable, I either do nothing or go with the next best thing even if it's twice the money, but if guys would rather see field results, then I'm covered because that's all I have
Just give me a shout and im sure I can answer some of your questions on the X-Dyno.... If for some reason i cant i can put you in touch with Brian Kinney which will be able to answer anything you need to know about the X-Dyno. After all he is the man behind the machine It really is a great R&D "tool"