R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2009, 04:30 AM   #1
Tech Adept
 
BAYCITYSTEVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 245
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default new pro mod os .21 v-spec

has anyone tested this motor in a truggy yet ?? do you like it ?? does it have enough punch for a truggy ??
BAYCITYSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 07:25 AM   #2
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: pasadena, CA
Posts: 1,487
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

i have its crazy its got so much power and its very smooth......you wont disappointed
__________________
go really fast and turn left....
Robert.Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic
 
BIG RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Redding CA
Posts: 858
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

other than the stock blue head, I don't understand what is different from the speed? does anyone know
BIG RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:32 PM   #4
Tech Master
 
Mr. Twister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hendersonville Tn
Posts: 1,271
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RE View Post
other than the stock blue head, I don't understand what is different from the speed? does anyone know
sleeve, piston, head button, rod untouched, speed double tungstun crank, and JX rod, it's a blue headed speed.
__________________
Brian Carey
615-838-5373
Tennessee Oval Performance
Check us out on Facebook
Mr. Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic
 
BIG RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Redding CA
Posts: 858
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

thats what i thought
BIG RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #6
Tech Master
 
Mr. Twister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hendersonville Tn
Posts: 1,271
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Still a great motor though, it will last longer than the std v spec, we are about done modding it.
__________________
Brian Carey
615-838-5373
Tennessee Oval Performance
Check us out on Facebook
Mr. Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic
 
BIG RE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Redding CA
Posts: 858
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

http://www.redrc.net/2009/02/os-engi...ec/#more-16291
we are talking about this engine right? I would take it you are the skilled technician they are talking about then?
BIG RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #8
Tech Master
 
Mr. Twister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hendersonville Tn
Posts: 1,271
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RE View Post
http://www.redrc.net/2009/02/os-engi...ec/#more-16291
we are talking about this engine right? I would take it you are the skilled technician they are talking about then?
lol no, I'm the skilled guy from here protwistermods.com, we have this engine though, it is for sale, that's how i knew what the format of the engine was.
__________________
Brian Carey
615-838-5373
Tennessee Oval Performance
Check us out on Facebook
Mr. Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic
 
marshon50's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 892
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default So a comparison to a PTM Vspec

Hey Brian,
I've got a PTM modded Vspec w/ ceramic bearings. I replaced the crankshaft and conrod w/ the OS Speed versions. If I changed the cooling head to the new lightened one, would I have the equivalent of this new engine from OS? BTW mine rips in my RC8T and runs an easy 10 minutes of racing time.
marshon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #10
Tech Master
 
Mr. Twister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hendersonville Tn
Posts: 1,271
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshon50 View Post
Hey Brian,
I've got a PTM modded Vspec w/ ceramic bearings. I replaced the crankshaft and conrod w/ the OS Speed versions. If I changed the cooling head to the new lightened one, would I have the equivalent of this new engine from OS? BTW mine rips in my RC8T and runs an easy 10 minutes of racing time.

I would save the money and buy the Std head and send it to me, all our modded v spec head's are milled, been doing it for some time now.
__________________
Brian Carey
615-838-5373
Tennessee Oval Performance
Check us out on Facebook
Mr. Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:28 AM   #11
Tech Fanatic
 
marshon50's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 892
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default a little confused

OK, maybe I was unclear...I already have a PTM modded Vspec. I had it modded by you when you first went 'public', found you on Truggyracers.com. My head certainly isn't milled though??? My conrod was developing slop, so I replaced it and the crankshaft w/ the OS Speed versions.

So to your post, are you saying to send in this same engine again? Or are you saying to buy the regular Vspec (ie save money) and send it to you to get modded? Or are you saying something else entirely?

I do have another Vspec which is fairly new, 8 or so tanks before Motorama weekend, plus the running at Motorama. I was planning on having you mod it, but then money got a little tight, so I used it stock. I do have a ceramic rear bearing for it already, just planned on dropping it in after breaking it in. Can you still mod it after it's been broken in, or should I just wait til it needs a rebuild?
marshon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 09:37 AM   #12
Tech Master
 
Mr. Twister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hendersonville Tn
Posts: 1,271
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshon50 View Post
OK, maybe I was unclear...I already have a PTM modded Vspec. I had it modded by you when you first went 'public', found you on Truggyracers.com. My head certainly isn't milled though??? My conrod was developing slop, so I replaced it and the crankshaft w/ the OS Speed versions.

So to your post, are you saying to send in this same engine again? Or are you saying to buy the regular Vspec (ie save money) and send it to you to get modded? Or are you saying something else entirely?

I do have another Vspec which is fairly new, 8 or so tanks before Motorama weekend, plus the running at Motorama. I was planning on having you mod it, but then money got a little tight, so I used it stock. I do have a ceramic rear bearing for it already, just planned on dropping it in after breaking it in. Can you still mod it after it's been broken in, or should I just wait til it needs a rebuild?
sorry bud i may have mis understood your post, i was under the impresion that you were wanting to buy a light weight head, and put it on the motor you have with the speed part's, yes this would basicly be the same engine then.

I was offering this, instead of buying the light weight head for what ever price it is, more than a non milled head i'm sure, just buy a standard blue head, and i will mill it for you free of charge since you have had engine's done by me before. You can send the newer os in also anytime. Also, i would check out our Race Plus Technology process, this will add alot of life to the std v spec, crank, rod, and tolerence is held much longer through the life of the engine. as for the other head, let me know, i would be glad to take care of it for you.
__________________
Brian Carey
615-838-5373
Tennessee Oval Performance
Check us out on Facebook
Mr. Twister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:22 AM   #13
Tech Fanatic
 
marshon50's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 892
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Thanks Brian,
I believe I still have your info and will be contacting you for a motor massage as soon as the funds get right.
marshon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent to 1/10th EP Touring Kit S400 rcforum Electric On-Road 3296 05-31-2013 01:48 PM
How many RC's do you own???? Telengard Electric On-Road 127 02-22-2011 12:52 PM
How many RC cars do you have? nitrous36 Chat Lounge 166 11-27-2010 08:15 PM
You Know You're A Rc Maniac When.... Hulk Nitro On-Road 25 02-09-2010 10:23 AM
How old are you guys ? asw7576 Nitro On-Road 234 03-08-2009 10:36 PM
Here's part of Fastharry's car collection... fastharry™ Nitro On-Road 44 08-30-2008 11:29 AM
You Know You Are A Rc Maniac When....... Hulk Monster Trucks 99 05-18-2005 03:57 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:24 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net