Community
Wiki Posts
Search

>:( Servos.....!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default >:( Servos.....!!!

I just bought a brand new servo, and we were getting my truggy tuned we finally got it tuned and my uncle wrecks my car and breaks the shock cap and knocked out the a arm. I went over there shut off the car so the servo motor wouldn't burn out. A little while later my uncle glued the shock cap just so we could see how the car is running, well he was driving it around and then the next day I went out there and my steering servo stopped working, but the throttle one still worked. I showed my dad, and then later that day my uncle and my dad were looking at it and the throttle servo stopped working for no reason, would anyone have any idea why they would both be working, then all of a sudden just quit?
Old 03-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

check connection on the reciever. install or recharge the reciever battery. also check batterys in the radio.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by blktransam
check connection on the reciever. install or recharge the reciever battery. also check batterys in the radio.
that... and also,

weak or cheaper servos can break easily with minimum abuse. what kind of servos do u have? what kind of truggy you have it on? are those stock servos on RTR truggy? i break those stock servos in less than two runs....
Old 03-03-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gumball
that... and also,

weak or cheaper servos can break easily with minimum abuse. what kind of servos do u have? what kind of truggy you have it on? are those stock servos on RTR truggy? i break those stock servos in less than two runs....
+1 GUMBALL is a crazy azz driver
Old 03-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

It's a brand new battery full charge, it's a JR servo. Idk the numbers right now I don't have the box in here. Throttle servo is a stock one. Batteries in Receiver are brand new. Idk why the truggy matters, but it's a Hellfire.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dvx400Rider
It's a brand new battery full charge, it's a JR servo. Idk the numbers right now I don't have the box in here. Throttle servo is a stock one. Batteries in Receiver are brand new. Idk why the truggy matters, but it's a Hellfire.
well the reason i asked what kind of Truggy it was is because, some truggy were known to burn servos, thottle servos to be exact. and some truggies have weak Servo saver on them and may cause the servo to Fry or strip. that's why I asked. with Hellfire, not sure co have not ran or known anyone with it.

and if your servo is like around $20 price range, most oftem, they can not take the abuse of hard driving in a track or even bashing in rough terrain. I have stripped and fried alot of lower cost servos($30 to $50 price range) when i was just starting or bashing around. In servo's you can safely say "you get what you pay for". Just my .2!

try smelling your servo when you plug it on or when the receiver is turned on, if something smells buring, turn it off. also, try turning the servos to feel any stripped teeth.

hope this helped.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PinoyCali
+1 GUMBALL is a crazy azz driver
hahah! YOU Know!
Old 03-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Gumball
well the reason i asked what kind of Truggy it was is because, some truggy were known to burn servos, thottle servos to be exact. and some truggies have weak Servo saver on them and may cause the servo to Fry or strip. that's why I asked. with Hellfire, not sure co have not ran or known anyone with it.

and if your servo is like around $20 price range, most oftem, they can not take the abuse of hard driving in a track or even bashing in rough terrain. I have stripped and fried alot of lower cost servos($30 to $50 price range) when i was just starting or bashing around. In servo's you can safely say "you get what you pay for". Just my .2!

try smelling your servo when you plug it on or when the receiver is turned on, if something smells buring, turn it off. also, try turning the servos to feel any stripped teeth.

hope this helped.

oh, uh, my LHS recommended me the servo I got. The throttle servo is working now, and I tried a different controller and it worked. Steering servo is messed up.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:58 PM
Tech Adept

A different receiver also.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeh i know how you feel. The first time practicing at the local track my sons steering servo went out. He was Dad I cant steer anymore I dont know whats wrong. I opened it up just for kicks and white plasctic pieces shredded all over the place. He was cool $50.00 later.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i actually just send in a jr 8800 into horizion and they sent me back a broken servo i was like wtf ..... they ended up sending a prepaid shippin invoice so i can send it in for free and they said they will most likely replace it.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

I have experience with the BLue Bird servo's. They are affordable, strong and they offer a year warranty worldwide. I even use a micro with metal gears in my 1/8 hydroplane for throttle. Never had any issues with these servo's.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This might be obvious, but sometimes we forget the obvious. Did you check your end point adjustments?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have used a Blue bird before too way back in my bashing days in my old MGT. It was metal geared like 200 oz torque .20 transit time like $30. I ran it for a year and sold the truck with it still worked. Also Hobby people has a off brand of servos that arent bad for the price Cirrus is their name. For what your doing 1 of them will work for you. BUT when the racing itch gets you you cant go cheap no more you got to go all out with your electronics. I know your younger and dont know how your funds are so I was just trying to show you some options that wont have your parents mad when you tell them how much $ you need LOL. The Blue Bird servos you can find at Nitrohouse.com. Hope that helped.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

hey guys does the blue bird servos can be used in racing?or is it only used for bashing?im a bit curious about those servos..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.