D8 chassis

Old 03-03-2009, 04:47 PM
Tech Addict

Default D8 chassis

How much weight does the lightweight save? It's advertised 10%, so what's that in oz. and grams. Also, what would be the best lightweight parts to get. thanks for any input.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

IDK about the lightweight chassis weight, I have had my eye on the BCE chassis, it's 3mm instead of 4mm, so it's at least 25% lighter, the best lightweight parts from hot bodies would be the driveline parts, the ring gear and outdrives would be my first choice, and I dont know if they are out, but the cv axle stubs in aluminum shoud shave quite a bit of weight, the weight saving on the spur gear is a joke IMO. It's been said that shaving a couple ounces of driveline weight is like taking a pound off the chassis
Old 03-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I might be able to help you out,
I am machining stock D8 chassis simaler to the HB lightened chassis. the HB milled chassis weighs 315g/11.11oz, the BCE chassis is 280g/9.87oz, my milled chassis is 10.6oz/300g my prices are: if you send me your chassis to mill $35 for the milling and return shipping, I also have brand new milled chassis in stock for $65 shipped.
I am also lightening the rotating parts(spur, outdrives, crown gears)
weights: spur before machining 1oz/30g after machine .8oz/25g
outdrives: before .4oz/10g after .2oz/5g
crown gear:before 1oz/25g after .8oz/20g
price for lightening parts that you provide $35 including return shipping
I'm working on getting a stock of new parts, but my supplier is backordered on outdrives right now. as soon as they are back in stock I will have a package together that includes the spur, all outdrives and 2 crown gears for $75 shipped.