R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-01-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default RB Concept WS7 TURBO L2G your reviews?

hey guys ive looked up in the search button and couldnt find much info on these engines so i thought id ask.

ive currently got a hyper 8 with a black head os speed v-spec and its insane, but im in the process of building my new hyper 9 and have bought the l2g ws7 rb with rb pipe and manifold combo and i just wanna hear some of your thoughts on them. i havnt managed to read much up on them how does it stack up against the os and other engines??

thanks heaps

Dean
nitro-pede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Well, since you have one, break it in and decide for yourself how it stacks up.

Generally speaking, if it's an RB, it's a good engine.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:34 PM   #3
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have 2 of these.
1 is in my truggy and i run it with an OS 2060 pipe. everyone always said to me that it wouldn't have enough power for a truggy but i think its insane. the WS7 revs out so hard that nothing can catch it.
My second one is in my buggy and its even more insane in the buggy. I also use an OS 2060 pipe in the buggy. I have never tried the RB 2045 pipe but with the power and run times i get with the OS pipe i not going to bother.

Just be sure to give these motors a good run in. i use the heat cycle method and then keep them a little rich for the first few liters. they do take a good gallon to completely wake up and when they do you'll never buy another brand motor again

TIX Race Designs. Plaig Bearings. Thunder Innovations
TIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:00 AM   #4
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIX View Post
I have 2 of these.
1 is in my truggy and i run it with an OS 2060 pipe. everyone always said to me that it wouldn't have enough power for a truggy but i think its insane. the WS7 revs out so hard that nothing can catch it.
My second one is in my buggy and its even more insane in the buggy. I also use an OS 2060 pipe in the buggy. I have never tried the RB 2045 pipe but with the power and run times i get with the OS pipe i not going to bother.

Just be sure to give these motors a good run in. i use the heat cycle method and then keep them a little rich for the first few liters. they do take a good gallon to completely wake up and when they do you'll never buy another brand motor again
How do you find the RB plugs? as they dont seem to last long with racers at my track ...I run o.s and find the plugs go for ages but the boys running the
C6 LG and WS LG always seem to go through plugs...some are trying os plugs and seem to be lasting longer.
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:54 AM   #5
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

i don't run RB plugs either. I found the same thing, they run really well for one day and then run sh!t the next day. but that also depends on the tune. Also RB Plugs are like $20 here in Australia. So I run OS P6's and OS P4's
i have modified the button as well and only run a .1mm head shim. if i want a bit more power i run no shims at all

TIX Race Designs. Plaig Bearings. Thunder Innovations
TIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:13 AM   #6
Tech Master

ok I think its the P4s the boys here run.
malcnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:52 AM   #7
Tech Apprentice

i have 3 gallons through mine with a 2045 pipe and have had good luck with the RB #6 plugs. the power is as strong as anything on the track and top end is faster than most running just 20% nitro. i also like the 11 + minute run times.

rr

Team Chubby racing
Mugen MBX 6
randy racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:07 AM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Make sure you break it in right ,take your time .I run the c6 and the ws7111 ,I have also ran, speeds ,extech ,and the RB,s are a lot better ,I have 2 Rb with atleast 12 to 14 gallons on them ,and they still scream .I have always ran 30% Byrons fuel ,with an extra shim.For the glow plugs I run the RB 6 never had a problem ,If you run os plugs make sure thats all you run in the motor cause the taper is different
Pete G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I like mine so far....

I haven't ran since November. It was really cold when I did. I think it also needs more time breaking in before it will be ready to race. Any time I gunned it full throttle, it would stall. There's a rather massive double on the back stretch, and you come around a sharp corner, gun the throttle to clear it. Every time it stalled and I rolled over the first jump and stopped.

The craftsmanship is that of a Porsche or Ferrari. It's beautiful, sounds amazing.

I'm thinking of buying an S3 to play around with as well.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #10
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIX View Post
i don't run RB plugs either. I found the same thing, they run really well for one day and then run sh!t the next day. but that also depends on the tune. Also RB Plugs are like $20 here in Australia. So I run OS P6's and OS P4's
i have modified the button as well and only run a .1mm head shim. if i want a bit more power i run no shims at all

You run O.S. plugs in an RB regardless of all the warnings about the taper ruining the button and causing all sorts of problems? And you have no problems?

I'm tempted to try some O.S. plugs I have laying around, then.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I have run the p4 and od97t in my c6 and ws7 with no issues....
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #12
Tech Rookie

thanks everyone for the great info on the rb, im nearly ready to fire mine up and break it in. thats interesting on the os vs rb plugs i bought a novarossi turbo plug as a spare, ill go have a look and see what one it is.
nitro-pede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:18 AM   #13
Tech Master

Which one will run best on 60-90F ambient temps?
OS P4 or OD 97T plug?
RCO
vti-chris is offline   Reply With Quote