Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
D8 vs RC8 vs X2 >

D8 vs RC8 vs X2

D8 vs RC8 vs X2

Old 03-01-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BIG RE
The RC8 blows in my opinion, after a year of running it and struggling every week to find a setup that actually worked. I did have some wins with it, but damn was that car a struggle, always flipping over(RC8 guys know what I am talking about), the steering feel sucked, it didn't jump worth a damn, the (small bore) shocks sucked, they blew out and tore bladders. My friends RC8 was no better, even after the big bores and rear truggy tower conversion, it just still didn't perform the way a good buggy should.
100% with you on this. My entire season last year was wasted fighting RC8 issues, setup, and durability. If it wasn't breaking or handling bad it was wearing out at an alarming rate.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

so there ARE more people out there that hated the RC8 as much as I did
Old 03-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ive been running the RC8 since it came out and I really like the car. I never had the tank issue many people did but AE sent me a free tank after both of their revisions came out. Their customer service has been nothing short of spectacular (free tanks, free service pack, even free big bores with the car I bought in Dec.). Ive broken a few parts but nothing was a surprise. I think the car handles great and Ive been very successful with it.

I wont bash the other 2 cars like many people have. The D8 is world champion and the X2 looks like another winner from Jammin. Any car out there can be competitive in the right hands but not all cars fit all drivers. Ive had many cars in the past 5 years and they all have their pluses and minuses. It sounds like you already have a favorite brand and I dont think their 1/8th offering will disappoint.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

After running the RC8 for over a year, and struggling with it every minute, I think I have every right to bash it.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Did I say you didnt?
Old 03-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I have a mbx6 now. But I had a rc8 for most of the season last year. I really liked the car. I was faster with it then I was with my losi I had. I didnt break anything on the rc8. I did have a tank problem but associated took care of it for me. Only reason I got rid of the rc8 was I got bored with it. Car just worked and I never changed the setup. I am having good results with my mugen but If I start struggling with it I probaly will buy another rc8
Old 03-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Twiztid Rock
See, I knew th "L" word was going to come up. Sure it's the most popular car out there, but I just don't run Losi. It cant look at my car and see that "TL" logo on it and be happy. Plus an new 8ight is a little out of my price range, and I refuse to buy used anymore.
i remeber i use to think that way "jammin for life" lol...i tried & tried to stay away from losi ..i used to ragged on losi but when i got my 8T i couldn't believe it on how good the product is so now i want 2.0 and my CRT X2 is now a shelf queen.. now the i drove the RC8 and its not bad but the losi 8 and RC8 is cheaper than CR X2
Old 03-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Thanks for all the great info guys. I just placed my order for a brand spanking new Hot Bodies D8. I had been leaning that way for months, I just wanted to see if someone was going to talk me out of it. I would have liked to stay with AE, but I've just heard to much negatives on it, both here and my local tracks. The X2 would have been a used X1 from a friend, and converted to a X2. The good feedback on the D8 did help me make the final desicion. I will listen to the negative stuff too, and be on the lookout for the weaknesses. All cars have some negative to them. I will be happy to add a D8 to my collection of cars, and by the summer I will be adding a new Cyclone as well for the HPI Challange. Thanks again guys! Don't be afraid to keep this debate going, it may help others make a similar desicion.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

glad to have helped you
Old 03-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
Did I say you didnt?
no, it just sounded like you thought that you were better than the rest of us that pointed out the negatives on the RC8
Old 03-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Whatever
Old 03-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thanks for all the great info guys. I just placed my order for a brand spanking new Hot Bodies D8. I had been leaning that way for months, I just wanted to see if someone was going to talk me out of it. I would have liked to stay with AE, but I've just heard to much negatives on it, both here and my local tracks. The X2 would have been a used X1 from a friend, and converted to a X2. The good feedback on the D8 did help me make the final desicion. I will listen to the negative stuff too, and be on the lookout for the weaknesses. All cars have some negative to them. I will be happy to add a D8 to my collection of cars, and by the summer I will be adding a new Cyclone as well for the HPI Challange. Thanks again guys! Don't be afraid to keep this debate going, it may help others make a similar desicion.
man good luck with the d8 it is suppose to be good car but if dont like it buy a AE with the new towers and all the mods which sucks you have to do them but once you do it is dirty fast. but the D8 is also great from what i hear
Old 04-04-2009, 02:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default losi vs d8

what about losi 2.0 and hb d8 whats better?
Old 04-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

See, I knew th "L" word was going to come up. Sure it's the most popular car out there, but I just don't run Losi. It cant look at my car and see that "TL" logo on it and be happy....
I truly identify with you, so much!
In regards of the candidates, I've only tried the Jammin, very nice. But what's with the dogbones? Ore are they gone on the X2?
Old 04-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

Too bad you already made up your mind. But it's nice to see what people recoommended going into the first half of March. I believe you'd see a slight change starting out april, with all of the people who haven't been able to race for 3 weeks because they don't have cvd rebuild kits or diff housings for their D8's...

I know it's late, but I have to put in my two cents and say, you prob. did the right thing by not buying a RC8. I've heard nothing but problems from the car, and considering they're coming out with a newone in the next couple months... no way. The D8 is a great car, but you may be one of those people who will be looking for something different in a month or so. I've been ruunning for them for over 6 months now with it and I can honestly say I've got a ton of experience with it, and loved it. HPI/HB is a great company, and the only downside might be parts support, because when the company doesn't have them, nobody eventually has them... And a lot of people just gave up on the car because they couldnt get the stuff they needed just to be able to race. As far as my new sponsor goes, and the Jammin' X2 is concerned... You might have missed the boat a bit here, considering you sound like a novice/amateur driver, and you prob. don't want to spend a ton on fixing/upgrading parts, and I can tell you, that in race trim my D8 costs more than just about every other car on the market... You may not have to do everything at once, but the fun is in finding out what works and getting the car to where its' bulletproof and you can trust it to finish a race. When there just aren't any aftermarket or stock parts to replace the ones you're breaking or have broken, you figure out a way to sell the car and buy an X2. They already have everything you could possibly want as far as upgrades, and are the most durable car out there, while still maintaining a light, nimble chassis... And Jay cares about his team and the people who buy the car. Team OFNA/HoBao have their heads screwed on straight and are focused in the right direction. I think you might have been better off with the X2, but we'll have to wait until you dump the D8 and get one to find out...

Originally Posted by casevac
I truly identify with you, so much!
In regards of the candidates, I've only tried the Jammin, very nice. But what's with the dogbones? Ore are they gone on the X2?
The center dogbones??? - They are aluminum to reduce driveline weight. You can't get away with alum. universals very easily without way premature wear... And from everything I've seen, there is no downside to the driveline compnents on the X2.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.