R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i had a c6 & it was not good on fuel & was always having to retune it. It now needs a rod & parts are on backorder. I was not happy w/ engine & prob. won't even repair it.
romax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #17
Tech Addict

RB C6 all the way. My .02. I have 7 gallons thru mine, still makes great power and has great compression. I just put new bearings in it, I want to see how long this one will last. Awesome power, good mileage, and BOTTOM END!!!!

It has been very easy to tune and likes to be run hot 220-240 deg.

If you are really confused, call Brian at PTM, he knows his shizzle!
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:38 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

EBM5 FULL MOD

JR servos Hitec servos. Gens ace lipos KO radio.
malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI View Post
RB C6 all the way. My .02. I have 7 gallons thru mine, still makes great power and has great compression. I just put new bearings in it, I want to see how long this one will last. Awesome power, good mileage, and BOTTOM END!!!!

It has been very easy to tune and likes to be run hot 220-240 deg.

If you are really confused, call Brian at PTM, he knows his shizzle!
how far do u get on a tank with ur c6
nover367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

should i include in my concideration the new p5
nover367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I am a RB fan they run awsome and last forever! my c6 in my buggy gets 12 mins plus. depending on track size. my local indoor track I can pull over 13 mins. at leasure hors last sunday I was getting 12.00-12.10. I am also running a 6mm venturi. and smooth on the throttle. which throttle control plays major part in fuel economy
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
I am a RB fan they run awsome and last forever! my c6 in my buggy gets 12 mins plus. depending on track size. my local indoor track I can pull over 13 mins. at leasure hors last sunday I was getting 12.00-12.10. I am also running a 6mm venturi. and smooth on the throttle. which throttle control plays major part in fuel economy
Do think this engine is good for truggy?
PinoyCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #23
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would go with the speed
GH Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:13 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

there all good motors man.. ive had the c6 and the speed and now got me a nova plus4.. the c6 and the speed are a hand full i liked them but couldnt always get 10min run times.. so i switch to the plus4 as im hearing easy 10mins... just hoping i dont have the tuning issues like i did with 367. but i really like the nova so far.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

hello speed if money is no factor some people dont like it in buggy cause if you dont have a 1/10th scale throttle finger the motor will eat you up it is fast. if you get the new hara edition comes with 6.5 and 6.0 inserts the old speed only has 7 and bigger the new ones with 2050 suppose to get 10+ min. with alot more power than the plus 4 although not to bash the plus 4 it is also good motor but it is not a speed by any means. No one has managed to mention the GRP .21 tuned promo kit they are 290 on ebay and are very good and come with the pipe.
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:24 AM   #26
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoyCali View Post
Do think this engine is good for truggy?
There is a guy at my local track who runs an ST-RR and gets over 12mins consistently, and comes in the top 5 on a regular basis.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:02 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I ran a c6 in my xray truggy never had any issues. now I run the c6 series in my buggy if you use the right pipe/clutch/venturi combo this motor is very driveable. one of the local guys runs the speed and I can out run him with the c6 tammed down with the 6mm venturi. I will run no other engine other then rb anymore, if you use common sense dont run the engine at 300 degrees,preheat before starting yadda yadda yadda you can pull over 10 gallons easy, one of the local guys has over 17 on his ws7. and it still runs great.

I preheat my engine EVERYTIME even in the summer when its 90+ out. never have any flameout issues will idle all day long- just all around a great engine company.

but with all engines everyone will have a diff. opinion which is okay in this hobby there is no right or wrong choice! choose what you like, what other locals are running so if you have any probs. you can get help. and try to support your local hobby shop
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:22 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktransam View Post
but with all engines everyone will have a diff. opinion which is okay in this hobby there is no right or wrong choice! choose what you like, what other locals are running so if you have any probs. you can get help. and try to support your local hobby shop
+1 all are good engines...look over the stats and prices and choose which appeals to you the most...I like the speed of all the choices but I like the os's and I know for a fact the speed has a lot of power...c6's haven't seen many honestly(NO FLAMING),and the nova 4 is def fast...
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #29
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default c6

I have ran both the speed and the c6 and IMO the c6 is better. If all depends on what kind of engine you like though. The speed comes off much smoother, but with the c6 you have more overall power. As far as gas mileage, both can get you pretty far. With the c6 you can easily get 10 minutes, whereas with the speed I got around 8 or 9. Another plus with the c6, from what I saw, is that you can use it at all tracks. On a tight track with all turns and jumps, you have that punch to clear things quickly. Then on larger tracks with bigger straights, if you have the power to fly pass other cars. Either way both engines are great and a excellent choice.

Jake
Tekin Electronics
jamminjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:58 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can't comment on the c6 other than the guys i know that run them say they are fussy to tune and clutch sensitive. My friends that run the nova +4 say it's a great buggy engine but would run something different in a truggy. I'm an OS guy. The speed motor with the 2060 pipe is one helluva combo. Quite frankly the 2050 pipe kills the speed. I also run modified v specs that i use the 2050 pipe with and they are almost undriveable in my truggy. My opinion is find an old version of the alum head speed or save some bucks and get a ninja jx. Ninja runs nearly identical to the speed. Use the 2060 pipe with the L header and you'll have more power and run time than you can say grace over.
Answer-RC/TLR/Futaba
Snow Monkey Racing
hambone is offline   Reply With Quote