R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   EB Mods GO 5 port EBM5 Full Mod (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/278728-eb-mods-go-5-port-ebm5-full-mod.html)

ffpm46 02-26-2009 05:25 AM

EB Mods GO 5 port EBM5 Full Mod

Does anyone own one of these? Just picked one up and so far so good, this is my first venture from V-SPec and was curious on the longevity of this motor. Also if anyone ran into any problems with it.

PinoyCali 02-26-2009 12:24 PM

Bump.

chim13 02-26-2009 03:19 PM

these motors are top notch mills, check out the go tech thread for more info:nod: if taken care of will last for a long time

SPEEDSKI 02-26-2009 04:28 PM

Most people around here complain about the carb alot. It sounds like you are past that, so good luck. They do make good power.

zJatoRad 02-26-2009 05:16 PM

I rarely see anyone complaining about the carb after the Gen 5 engines came out.

I'm running the stock 5 Port and I'm getting 10 mins a tank with the 0801 pipe, running a 14T clutch bell and getting power everywhere, I can't imagine what the EBM5 can do! that's definately going to be my next engine

burnettk 02-26-2009 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by zJatoRad (Post 5485340)
I rarely see anyone complaining about the carb after the Gen 5 engines came out.

I'm running the stock 5 Port and I'm getting 10 mins a tank with the 0801 pipe, running a 14T clutch bell and getting power everywhere, I can't imagine what the EBM5 can do! that's definately going to be my next engine

yea the stock makes power. when i rebuild them i replace the carb with a grp carb. i have had problems with air leakson them. keep a check on the o rings around the carb.

ffpm46 02-27-2009 02:34 AM

Thanks everyone, one thing Ed does is replace the stock O rings with better ones, then flow tests the carb.

First race with it this Sat

Tony Newland 02-27-2009 07:53 AM

basic specs additional to stock specs on the EBM engines:

FM - Fully Modified -

Fully Modified engines come Fully Broken-In and Ready to Race. Modified engines come with Blueprinted parts and are Hand Built in the USA. Modified Engine parts are machined and modified to increase peak power and broaden the usable power curve. Crank Shafts are Bored and filled to improve inertia weight and balance. Modified engines also include TKO Rear Ceramic Bearing, TiN coated Crank Shaft, Wrist Pin, and Carburetor Slide. Every Carburetor is inspected, flow checked, and then tuned with engine to assure performance

RP - Race Prepped - The engine Matt Gosch used to win Motorama last weekend

Race Prepped engines come Fully Broken-In and Ready to Race. Race Prepped engine are Matched and Hand Built in the USA. Every engine includes TKO Rear Ceramic Bearing, TiN coated Crank Shaft, Wrist Pin, and Carburetor Slide. Every Carburetor is inspected, flow checked, and then tuned with engine to assure performance.