Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 Buggys ___ 1 Decision

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 03:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

On that list I'd say the OFNA Picco. Tough old school motor and easy to get parts. Off list, Losi RTR. Great motor and will run with the big dogs.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

you beat me to it!

amain hobbies has the Eight 1.0 for like $350 slap on an engine and radio system and you have a nice race buggy for $600.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

You can also try a used racer owned car.
You can probably find any big brand like Kyosho 777/ Losi8 1/ XB8 EC/ MBX 5 with a bunch of option for a good price.
Better buy a used top competition car, than one of those RTR that need new engine, new radio new everything to make them raceable ...

Think about it twice, used car is a very good option for a beginner.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

Buy a new or near new xray xb8 ec. They are bullet proof cars and are great for racing on the European style tracks. Xray parts are readily available in Europe.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I disagree...Dont buy used unless you have no choice ($$$$) What winds up happening is you buy other peoples crap that has been neglected, broken, assembled wrong, has rusted bearings and diffs...If you are new and you dont know what you are doing or what to look for... buy a good brand new RTR buggy..you will have allot more fun while you are learning
Old 02-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I disagree...Dont buy used unless you have no choice ($$$$) What winds up happening is you buy other peoples crap that has been neglected, broken, assembled wrong, has rusted bearings and diffs...If you are new and you dont know what you are doing or what to look for... buy a good brand new RTR buggy..you will have allot more fun while you are learning
Wow , seriously I don't know how the "used" market is in USA but here when somebody sell something broken or with obvious hidden defect, his name spread faster than plague and i wish him good luck to succesfully sell anything anymore ... avoid to buy used nitro motors at least
Usually car must be cleaned and the argument of "new set of bearing installed" is a must have. If not you can negotiate a much lower price.

For you question I would go for a Ofna Picco or a Cen Matrix
Old 02-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

If your going to mostly bash, have you looked at truggys? They have a little more ground clearance and bigger tires which help get you through the spots a buggy might get stuck. If you choose to, you can still race it latter. Of what you have listed I would aslo go with the CEN. Anohter buggy that is great for new people is the Hyper 7 black.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mister-T
Wow , seriously I don't know how the "used" market is in USA but here when somebody sell something broken or with obvious hidden defect, his name spread faster than plague and i wish him good luck to succesfully sell anything anymore ... avoid to buy used nitro motors at least
Usually car must be cleaned and the argument of "new set of bearing installed" is a must have. If not you can negotiate a much lower price.

For you question I would go for a Ofna Picco or a Cen Matrix

Here in America people will ship you a box of dirt for $300, if you let them
Old 02-26-2009, 11:14 AM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

+1
Old 02-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

RTR car sound like a better choice now ...
Old 02-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking

First of all, I want to thank all of you for answering and giving me such good ideas!!!

The Losi 8ight is one hell of a buggy, I did some research and it definately does have what it takes to race like pro-beginner!! Thanx for letting me come across that car, it is definately one of my choices at the moment.

As for finding spare parts(for any of the cars we are talking about), I will pretty much have to order them via internet anyways as most people here in Switzerland have X-Ray and Mugen Buggys.

I went to a track today and I must say im pretty dissapointed with the tracks here. They lack jumps and freedom.
There is maybe 6 tracks in all of Switzerland, from which only about half accept nitro, because most of them dont accept nitro.
"noise"

the only two nice ones I found so far are these:

orcm.ch/piste.htm

morcsg.ch/index.php?section=racetrack

(They are about 3 Hours away)

Oh yeah, and my brother was driving his SC8 last sunday and someone called the cops on us because of the "noise"

I miss the old days in america

But anyways, ill get to the point again...

I think i will be bashing more than racing while im here in Switzerland, though if I do decide then:

Losi 8ight Buggy or CEN Matrix(more spare parts in Europe than Ofna)

Now..... guys... MadBrad mentioned Truggys.

Which Truggy would be well built and cool to (Im not going to launch it like on some YouToube videos) I just want to have fun! I noticed the are a bit more expensive than Buggys, why is that? Maybe more material? It would be great if I could get a great deal (like 8ight)!!!!!

Thanx again to all of you
Old 02-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

The CEN is the best pick from your list. It races well with a little tuning.

Whats your budget? Why only these 4? Ae and Losi also have competitive RTR buggies and truggies.

Truggies are way better for bashing. Do they race truggies where your at?
Old 02-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you are mainly bashing, I agree a truggy would be much better. Look at the losi 8T. It can be found for a good deal RTR or roller. One of the toughest/ most racable truggies out there IMO.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well if you wanna bash go with a truggy!

Im just suggesting the CEN matrix tr (truggy)
Old 02-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (89%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
If you are mainly bashing, I agree a truggy would be much better. Look at the losi 8T. It can be found for a good deal RTR or roller. One of the toughest/ most racable truggies out there IMO.

+1, Perfectly worded. enough said...hint...my screen name

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.