R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-25-2009, 12:44 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default gt2 rtr

i just got my first nitro its a gt2 rtr is the rtr race worthy im wanting to start racing what are some of the basics i need to take to track the first time
RadioCircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
Tech Prophet

yes its race worhly i actually have a gt2 rtr but have upgraded some things
i added anti lock rims where u dont need lock nuts to hold the rim tires on there just for the rear but man it makes tire changes easier. i did race it with the rtr things on it ,but the stock tires are not gone to work on most tracks
i would remmond looking at proline step pins,holeshots,bowties,jp concepts goosebumps and get a meduim compond cause trust me the soft conpond will not last,and they still are just soft enough to grip. do replace the stock front tires they are to hard, get losi silver compond directionals. they .15 that comes with it is very fast i have ran it for a while but i remmond a .12 engine pilot shaft. i have a dynomite plantium .12 non pullstart which u would need a starter box for. the .15 is good but its a little much for a staduim truck, and evently u want to get the factory threaded shocks
but in stock form the stuff on the truck is fine expect the tires. and loosen the slipper about 1/4 clockwise cause the way its set from the factory is to tight u will get wheel spin,if u ever had a elec 2wd u set the slipper diffrent from a gas truck.and have your suspension arms level to the ground
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #3
Tech Prophet

oh and i do remmond a high torque servo and a fuel filter and a recever battery pack before u even run on the track
Old 02-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for the advice i just ordered new shocks a factory smooth pipe and a nova head tires and batt pack will have to wait til next weeks check thanks again all advice is greatly appreciated
RadioCircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:22 PM   #5
Tech Prophet

what size track do u race on,cause i race on a meduim size track with tight turns and i ran the smoothe pipe and i could not get any toque just top end really,but the weird thing is i ran the stock rpm pipe with the 20 cluth bell and i loved it exellect torque . but i ran a guy gt2 with a smoothie pipe with a modded associated .12 modified motor and it had pretly of torque with the smoothie pipe .i dont know if it was my tuneing or it just works better with a modifield motor.do u know when u change a pipe u have to ethier richen or lean the motor out unless u have a one piece pipe from what i heard.what chapcity receiver pack to u order i run a 1500 and love it