R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-23-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to williamsfw2427
Default Moving near KC, MO

Is there any outdoor ( off road ) 1/8 racing going on in or around the KC area?

Thanks.....
williamsfw2427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:26 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

http://www.real-rc.com/

Tebo's hometrack
pwnzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to RCmayor

Real RC has a much bigger history than just being Tebo's home track. I would say it is pretty close to the oldest continuously operating track in the US. The track in Hemet CA may be older, but in the past few years they haven't had a weekly race program like Real RC. I am probably forgetting some tracks, but I consider Real RC as one of the tracks that started gas racing in the US. In fact the first gas truck was developed in the area.
RCmayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:57 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah, your pretty lucky that of all the places you could have moved, it just happens that Real-Rc is now in your backyard. Very nice track and alot of competitive guys to run with. When we aren't racing in Omaha NE, I look to Real-RC and make the 3 hour trip. They are also hosting the first round of the North RC proseries May 1st-3rd.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:37 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

In addition to Real R/c (a great facility as the others have stated) there is also Timberline Raceway in Osawatomie, KS.

Timberline tends to have a bit more 'melow' tracks that are none the less challenging. Due to some regulating by the county in which it resides, racing starts early in the day (1:00pm) and MUST be completed by 9:00pm - and all racing is conducted on Saturday ONLY. The owner of Timberline (Dave Smreker) and his family (& helpers) work very hard on the track to keep it groomed and ready to race. Timberline has 2 separate tracks - an off road and a oval (360' run line) - both of which have automatic irrigation systems installed and can be maintained in wet condition while keeping the racing on schedule (http://www.timberlineraceway.com).

Depending on when you get moved in, the MO-KAN Challenge is May 23 & 24 - and allows a racer to run Real R/C on Friday night and Timberline on Saturday - for combined results and trophys! In addition, Timberline hosts a 2009 RC ProSeries race and has several trophy races during the season - including the always popular SpookTakular race (presented by Matt Gorman Farm Bureau Financial Services) - which this year will be 10/17/09. On August 1, 2009 Timberline will host the QSAC Quarter Scale Dirt Nationals - the 'big kahuna' of quarter scale dirt oval racing!

In addition to these two tracks, there are also good tracks located in Topeka, KS (60 mi W of Kansas City) and Joplin, MO (140 mi S). So, within 150 miles of Kansas City, there are 4 excellent off road and dirt oval Gas tracks. I'm sure I'm speaking for all when I say that all 4 tracks will be glad to see you this summer!
Chris K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:54 AM   #6
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnzor View Post
http://www.real-rc.com/

Tebo's hometrack
Don't forget about Taylor James.
Fugate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:26 AM   #7
Tech Adept

yea some of the fastest guys around. i try to head there from omaha three mabey four times a year.. great track they use to race saturday nights under the lights that was the coolest
Garrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:38 AM   #8
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to williamsfw2427

Wow... I really did luck out it sounds like!!! I was worried I bought the buggy before I took the job. Looks like Im going to be able to get my fix..

thanks guys!!!!
williamsfw2427 is offline   Reply With Quote