Wiki Posts
Search

Caster MK2 Grenade Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
jesus, how many motors does go tech freaking make?
its not really go tech, its just produced by the same manufacture.

and this motor is discoed.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by smokinu
its not really go tech, its just produced by the same manufacture.

and this motor is discoed.
It is or was GO. This has been discussed many times. But even still it's nice engine. Just keep your needle/case o-rings in tact and thake your time to tune it (not screw like the neighbours daughter) and you'll be OK with it.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Poinas2
It is or was GO. This has been discussed many times. But even still it's nice engine. Just keep your needle/case o-rings in tact and thake your time to tune it (not screw like the neighbours daughter) and you'll be OK with it.
i know what it is!

i used to race with 4 of them... they all "grenaded"
Old 07-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Initiate

All I can tell you guys this is not a race ready engine !!
Lack of bottom and top speed is soo slooow, you better off with SH engine that will cost you less and give you the power for your next race.
I'm not a fan of SH engine, in the second qualifying my friend give to me his SH engine to replace my MK2 engine and all I can tell you guys SH engine rip more in all section compare to my MK2 and SH cost you less.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by perdoden
Lack of bottom and top speed is soo slooow, you better off with SH engine that will cost you less and give you the power for your next race.
I'm not a fan of SH engine, in the second qualifying my friend give to me his SH engine to replace my MK2 engine and all I can tell you guys SH engine rip more in all section compare to my MK2 and SH cost you less.
bad tune or pipe, grenades don't lack
Old 07-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by smokinu
i know what it is!

i used to race with 4 of them... they all "grenaded"

the 2 you sold me still ran another 5 gallons combined at least, one of them i ran at psycho with a new head, beast. then she quit and i built another.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

and that is one of the many reasons why I do not want to persue another rebadged motor. It was awesome for what it was and I fully disclosed what it was (Go motor).

It is no fun having people who apparently do not know how to tune motors talking badly on forums when the over 100 other Grenades that were sold never had complaints.

It is also no fun having to put up with a third party manufacturer that decides to use your motor as theirs and push you out of the way and discontinue yours.

For the record, we used a different crank and head. Sort of funny that the new GO engines are virtually the same.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by perdoden

By the way, this motor has been discontinued for over 6 months so not sure why it was brought up???
Old 08-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hakmazter
I approved the name, I live in Iowa, and I am basically the international face of Caster Racing.

I fully understood the consequences of it, but I was assured by Mario Rossi and Go that it would be as durable or more durable than any other motor out there as it has some "options" in it for increased power and durability.

I figured it was a great calculated risk as to name it grenade would assure that the name would never be forgotten and it has worked exactly how I wanted.

I have heard through the grapevine that some Caster guy put a v spec head on it and it bolted right on because there was someone giving them a hard time about running a grenade and that there was no way that some stupid Caster thing would beat their vspec.....

Long story short, after they won, they showed the other guy the motor and it said mk2 on the side. Apparenly they put the grenade head back on and did it again next round.

I think my whole team is class clowns.....gotta love them.
WE gotta keep em guessin Hak!
Old 12-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Just wondering if anyone is still using this engine? Was anyone at the worlds using it?
Old 12-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Does any one know the size of the front and rear bearings for this motor
Old 12-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

front 7x19x6, 14x25.4x6 rear. i ran the tko ceramic rears and avid front blue seals
Old 12-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sam-E
A thread to discuss the might MK2 Grenade engine by Caster... my prediction is for the MK2 to take out the 2010 worlds!!!

www.casterracing.com
not even close!
Old 12-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)
Thumbs up

for the price this engine doesnt seem too bad
Old 12-13-2010, 12:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vince7870
not even close!
So i was wrong shoot me!!!

But tell me what is worse, me predicting the MK2 may win before the title or Durango claiming they were quick enough to win it after the title. Did Durango even make it to the final!!!

And what happened to the mighty STS!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.