R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #31
Tech Master
 
Dude C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Sunshine State
Posts: 1,411
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I'm a current team member for Caster and purchased my motor in Dec. I've run a gallon through and the power is perfect for my driving style. Plenty of power in all ranges. Was a bit of a pain to break in but thats expected with a new motor regardless of the make and model. I still heat it with the gun before a race. I"m a happy racer with the motor and ZX-1.5 buggy combo.
__________________
It's hard to soar with the eagles when your surounded by turkey's!

COBRA CAT KILLER!!!!
Dude C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #32
Tech Elite
 
badassrevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Roaming Shores, Ohio
Posts: 3,321
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

What plugs do you guys run?
__________________
Doug Lightcap

ARCS Hobbies / Paint Monster Airbrushing / BFast / Tonys Screws
badassrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #33
Tech Elite
 
COBRARACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
They've got an odd sense of humor by naming an engine the "grenade" Kinda like the robotronics "overloader" charger If I ever designed an ESC I'd name it the "smokebomb"
Dont hold it against them the chinese and taiwanese have a small understading of the western world and if there is no western face involved you might as well get use to the names Grenade,raven,rapida etc.

But the name doesnt mean the product is crap .Im sure the engine mentioned above will be a great engine .I wish caster alot of success

just my two cents worth
__________________
Email : teamcobraracing@gmail.com or ae@hobbywing.com
Repair service Address
Hobbywing Technology Co., Ltd.
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:14 PM   #34
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SOMEWHERE LUVIN ME SOME RC
Posts: 2,905
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badassrevo View Post
What plugs do you guys run?
odonells plugs ran great in my gotechs ...much better than o.s. plugs ....97t would be a good plug if your gonna be in 60-80 degree weather ....hotter than that run a 99t ...if its cold where you are run a 77t ....inmho
__________________
LATER COOKIE

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:21 PM   #35
Tech Apprentice
 
puba187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 56
Default

i have used both the racers edge 7 and the xtreme racing EHD mediums. both are really good plugs but i have some of those odonnells on order. hey zixxer post a link to the you tube vid of us breaking mine in.
puba187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #36
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SOMEWHERE LUVIN ME SOME RC
Posts: 2,905
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puba187 View Post
i have used both the racers edge 7 and the xtreme racing EHD mediums. both are really good plugs but i have some of those odonnells on order. hey zixxer post a link to the you tube vid of us breaking mine in.
you asked for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cworxylsEYI

i forgot how funny that was ...i had a great time that day
__________________
LATER COOKIE

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #37
Tech Master
 
vnmsgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,200
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casevac View Post
Who's selling these engines?
http://holeshothobbies.com/index.php...roducts_id=268

I have the rods too but order should be in monday or tues to add them to stock.
__________________
Check out www.holeshothobbies.com
Now offering support for: Agama, Caster, Serpent, Mugen, HotBodies,VP PRO, Answer-RC and much more.
vnmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #38
Tech Master
 
vnmsgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,200
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by badassrevo View Post
What plugs do you guys run?
I always ran OS P3's in my GO's until recently I have used the Odonnell 77T's. Wierd thing is one is a ultra hot and one is like a medium but I can go back an forth between the plugs and not change my tune.
__________________
Check out www.holeshothobbies.com
Now offering support for: Agama, Caster, Serpent, Mugen, HotBodies,VP PRO, Answer-RC and much more.
vnmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:36 PM   #39
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SOMEWHERE LUVIN ME SOME RC
Posts: 2,905
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
I always ran OS P3's in my GO's until recently I have used the Odonnell 77T's. Wierd thing is one is a ultra hot and one is like a medium but I can go back an forth between the plugs and not change my tune.
77t = odonells version off hot ....never understood why people ran p-3's especially in hot environments ...ive always run medium plugs ...and work just fine .....i think someone just said hey o.s p3's are the plug to run in a gotech ..and people just took that as law
__________________
LATER COOKIE

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #40
Tech Master
 
vnmsgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,200
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zixxer View Post
77t = odonells version off hot ....never understood why people ran p-3's especially in hot environments ...ive always run medium plugs ...and work just fine .....i think someone just said hey o.s p3's are the plug to run in a gotech ..and people just took that as law

ahhh. cool to know. And yes I think people think P3's are the norm from what people say. It is why I ran them and did not have a problem.
__________________
Check out www.holeshothobbies.com
Now offering support for: Agama, Caster, Serpent, Mugen, HotBodies,VP PRO, Answer-RC and much more.
vnmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #41
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 201
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys what kind of run times are you getting out of the MK2
Flyin Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:06 PM   #42
Tech Addict
 
moparsrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: On your mama's couch
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Temp isn't the only thing to consider when choosing a plug, you have to take into account how far above sea level you are, how much moisture there is in the air, what nitro % your using and what % of oil your using. A hotter plug will make the motor easier to start and give it a better idle, a colder plug will give you a little better performance.
moparsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:58 AM   #43
Tech Master
 
j_blaze14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Tampa, Fl
Posts: 1,693
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

i like cold plugs with 30%, p8, 99t or dynamite #8.
__________________
aGama A8 EVO - Werks B2 - Sidewinder
aGama A8E - TrackStar 150a, 2560kv, 3 and 4 cell
FlySky GT3B, Turnigy HV servos, SKY Lipos
AKA, Proline, Hotbodies Rubber
Elite Performance - HORRC.com
j_blaze14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:27 AM   #44
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SOMEWHERE LUVIN ME SOME RC
Posts: 2,905
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
ahhh. cool to know. And yes I think people think P3's are the norm from what people say. It is why I ran them and did not have a problem.
try odonells 97t's you will spend less on plugs especially with that high compression motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_blaze14 View Post
i like cold plugs with 30%, p8, 99t or dynamite #8.
+1 and especially in tampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparsrule View Post
Temp isn't the only thing to consider when choosing a plug, you have to take into account how far above sea level you are, how much moisture there is in the air, what nitro % your using and what % of oil your using. A hotter plug will make the motor easier to start and give it a better idle, a colder plug will give you a little better performance.
it all does have an effect ..i think ambient temp is most important ...and i also think people run p3's for tthe idle like you said ,,,but you can just tune the low speed needle properly and you dont have to worry about the idle
__________________
LATER COOKIE

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:22 PM   #45
Tech Elite
 
hakmazter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRARACING View Post
Dont hold it against them the chinese and taiwanese have a small understading of the western world and if there is no western face involved you might as well get use to the names Grenade,raven,rapida etc.

But the name doesnt mean the product is crap .Im sure the engine mentioned above will be a great engine .I wish caster alot of success

just my two cents worth
I approved the name, I live in Iowa, and I am basically the international face of Caster Racing.

I fully understood the consequences of it, but I was assured by Mario Rossi and Go that it would be as durable or more durable than any other motor out there as it has some "options" in it for increased power and durability.

I figured it was a great calculated risk as to name it grenade would assure that the name would never be forgotten and it has worked exactly how I wanted.

I have heard through the grapevine that some Caster guy put a v spec head on it and it bolted right on because there was someone giving them a hard time about running a grenade and that there was no way that some stupid Caster thing would beat their vspec.....

Long story short, after they won, they showed the other guy the motor and it said mk2 on the side. Apparenly they put the grenade head back on and did it again next round.

I think my whole team is class clowns.....gotta love them.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
caster grenade mk2 randystang Nitro Off-Road 58 09-14-2009 03:49 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:28 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net