R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-22-2009, 09:19 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Post Ofna Ultra LX One pull start conversion

I just bought my New Ofna Ultra LX One the other day. It has a pull start on it and it SUCKS. I need to get a Roto start conversion kit for it. It has the Force .28 motor in it. I don't know where to get one and where to start looking. Any help would be great. also What is a good setting for the stock shocks and shock oil weight to use? Any other things would be great.

Losi 22m 2.0
Losi SCTe
Axial SCX10 Deadbolt Crawler
Krupted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:33 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Momo5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krupted View Post
I just bought my New Ofna Ultra LX One the other day. It has a pull start on it and it SUCKS. I need to get a Roto start conversion kit for it. It has the Force .28 motor in it. I don't know where to get one and where to start looking. Any help would be great. also What is a good setting for the stock shocks and shock oil weight to use? Any other things would be great.
I have a LX-1 with a roto start, I recomend getting a starter box, but if you want to go the roto start route anyways, the roto start converstion for the HPI Savage will bolt right on the the Force .28.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXERF2&P=ML
Old 02-23-2009, 01:58 AM   #3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default LX-1

Try to hold out for a bump box. A new OFNA10245 is around 50 bucks, then use a 12 volt gell cell, easy to find, and easy to charge. The one way bearing on your mill will drive you nuts so try to pass on the roto start. Ride hight set at bones level. Shocks, start with 35wt front and rear. And befor to long you'll need a hardend rear gear. Then a better steering sevo. If you end up going to the track, a new radio will be next. If you'er going to play with the big boys you need to spend a little more money. If you'er going to bash about, try not to hit any thing or the LHS is going to be your new hang out. Take it easy, learn your new ride and have fun. OH, and check the OFNA forum boards for more info.
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote