R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #16
Tech Elite

I think that class will be a lot of fun.
hakmazter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yup, the key to this growing is other manufacturers jumping in. I easily converted a Kyosho into a SC8 style truck and would think any company that has a truggy with a wheel base close to the sc8 could do a conversion. All they would have to do is make front bumpers to fit their chassis and body mounts. The costs of the SC8 is too high imo too. That's part of the reason why I converted a kyosho into that format.
HB D8T with BCE Chassis, ACE Shock towers and motor mounts, M2C Rear Suspension system, KH front steering plate and chassis braces, Lunsford Ti-turnbuckles & hinge pins, OS Speed motor, Hitec 5995TG steering, Futaba 9351 throttle/brake, OS 2060 pipe, and J concepts Punisher Body.
HB D8: CEO Mods Novarossi P5K with JP4 tuned pipe, JR 9000T steering, JR 8800T throttle.
gotspeed_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotspeed_2000 View Post
Yup, the key to this growing is other manufacturers jumping in. I easily converted a Kyosho into a SC8 style truck and would think any company that has a truggy with a wheel base close to the sc8 could do a conversion. All they would have to do is make front bumpers to fit their chassis and body mounts. The costs of the SC8 is too high imo too. That's part of the reason why I converted a kyosho into that format.

I do not see how everyone says that the price is to high Compare to rtr monster trucks or truggys and with the sc8 the motor pipe and steering servo are all very good for racing it . Yeah I know some will post saying they would want to change everything but for what you get it is well worth the 600!! Look at some of these prices for monster trucks http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/1_44_50 and every one needs stuff to race them Steering Servo tires and wheels etc etc... I bought a M8 radio with spektrum for mine used for 100 on here and will put the stock one on ebay for 50 which is what they bring all the time so I upgraded the radio for 50 bucks. I will race at Timberline this summer and I after driving my RTR am very excited have not looked forward to a race season like this any many years because of the fun factor You get the durability of and 1/8th scale and truggy with real looks and closed wheel bang the doors racing Best money I have ever spent on an RC vehicle hands down just my .04 cents
dravengary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We have been running them here in Tampa since the 1st of the year. These things are more of a blast than you can imagine. You have to drive one to really understand. Many of us converted other type buggys or truggys over and mounted the body and bumpers. Door handle to door handle, bumping and grinding racing is where its at. I can really see this growing strong this summer.
Just look at the Slash class. This is much better. A 1/10 class gas would not be the same, The size and weight really adds to the handling.
Here is the link to the Losi conversion I did.
Losi Eight to Corr conversion

BMI 1/10 & 1/12 Copperhead
Scapel, Losi 22, Jammin SC10, Wraith
rdcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #20
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

To me, the costs of the kit include too many things I wouldn't use. I have my own radio, servos, motor, and pipe. Those things included for me are items that I would have to take a risk on selling. Our lhs sells the SC8 for around 700. I would like to see a team kit from associated in the near future sell in a price point between their buggy and truggy. If they had done that, I would have jumped in very quickly as I have run team associated electrics since the early 90's. Like their gear, but the idea of fronting that much money for items I may not use is not something I would like to do.

To be honest, my kyosho conversion would've been a little more than if associated had come out with a team kit, but for me the price was right since I already had a bunch of spares and run kyosho 8th scale.

Love the idea, just wish at the time they had released a team roller kit.
HB D8T with BCE Chassis, ACE Shock towers and motor mounts, M2C Rear Suspension system, KH front steering plate and chassis braces, Lunsford Ti-turnbuckles & hinge pins, OS Speed motor, Hitec 5995TG steering, Futaba 9351 throttle/brake, OS 2060 pipe, and J concepts Punisher Body.
HB D8: CEO Mods Novarossi P5K with JP4 tuned pipe, JR 9000T steering, JR 8800T throttle.
gotspeed_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote