Wiki Posts
Search

8ight b ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 11:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 8ight b ?

Hi I just got an 8ight b race roller and am making an order from amain and I just wanted to know if there is anything that I should get to stop the car from being able to kill throttle servos. Id the kingz head radio tray stiffener what I need, and what does that do/help exactly? If its not what else should I get. Also any helpful things I should get for upgrades are welcomed.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:25 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

The best thing you can do for that buggy is pay close attention to the instructions/addendum when setting up the throttle linkage. The radio tray stiffener will only delay the inevitable if you don't set your linkages up correct. I would forego the stiffener and get the 2.0 radio tray instead...
Old 02-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

ok where would I get that?
Old 02-21-2009, 04:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected]
ok where would I get that?

Here you go:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/30434

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/30452
Old 02-22-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Does anyoone kno of any other upgrades I should get for my race roller while im making an order?
Old 02-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

I got a set of CRC no pop steering balls because i kept catching a tube and popping the steering balls off but besides that i'd say purchase what you got and go from there. I myself have the kingheadz extened engine mount plus someothers but really it's a great car just make sure your linkage is set up correct and you shouldn't have a problem with the throttle servo.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Great thanks alot, cant wait until this season starts.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Instead of getting the radio sray stiffener, you can put 2 o rings in between the chassis and receiver pack box. So if you set the throttle EPA wrong, it flexes a bit and saves your servo. But if you have it set correctly you dont need anything to keep servos from burning up.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yep, thats it. Its all in the EPAs. The servo is a little closer than other models to the heat of the engine and so forth, its a tighter packed radio tray so it doesnt cool very well, and over binding it just adds to the fire. They dont live long like that. Set the EPA so that at full wood, you can still pull the carb linkage another .2-3mm. I know, you say well then im not gettin full throttle, look in the carb venturi, see how much you actually are getting. In most carbs, that .2-3mm is beyond W/O ne way. Just make sure the radio tray doesnt move at all at full open, that servo should be at full throw before it starts pulling on the radio tray. U do that, you will use the same servo forever, as long as its a good one. 80-90 dollar range with 140+oz. for good braking as well.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

If its a new roller get the kings head ackerman its got better bushing that last allot longer. If its a used roller go to ebay and buy the entire 2.0 steering assembly. I paid $14 dollars that including bearings, servo saver, plastics, post and turnbuckles. Instant slop removal and has stayed slop free. If it doesn't have a one piece engine mount get one. the M2C outer hinge pins are way better than the standards.