R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-21-2009, 03:36 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default XXX-NT parts in TN

Hi everyone,

I recently decided to pull out my old Losi XXX-NT that I got a few years ago and get it running again. I got it right after they came out with them and it is pre-Adam Drake edition. I ordered some parts and got it running but I am needing a few misc parts that I forgot about like front body posts and some new turnbuckles (old ones are functional but rusty). Does anyone carry parts for this in Middle TN? Also, are there any parts from the AD edition that I should upgrade to? I do know I want to get the newer fuel tank since mine likes to spit fuel back out the exhaust pressure tube.

Thanks,
Michael
rc-mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:38 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

try whitehouse hobbies 15min north of nashvegas
Store Hours- Tues./Fri.-11-6 Sat.10-6 closed Sun.,Mon.
Ph # 615-285-0091
Off-Road Race Track , Check Race Calendar & our forum at nashrcracer.com
RCP Customs
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:04 AM   #3
Tech Adept

Thanks, that was the most promising place I could come up with. Do you know for sure if they have parts for them? I was planning on maybe going up there today anyway just to see what they have.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Michael,

Can't help much with parts but the tank is an easy fix.

Grab a small setscrew (like pinion-size from an electric car) and plug the existing pressure fitting on the fuel tank.

Find you a Du-bro or other acceptable pressure nipple fitting and install it in the cap. You will have to remove the cap and the o-ring retention disc to drill through both pieces and reassemble with all the holes lined up.

But that should take care of the siphon problem...
Old 02-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Thanks for the tip but I went to Whitehouse Hobbies and got a new tank today. They had almost everything I needed besides the turnbuckles. Actually they did have universal ones but I didn't know the sizes I needed. I was surprised they has that many parts due to the truck being a few years old. I would have to say I was pretty impressed by all the stuff they had. I even noticed they had parts for the TRex 600N helicopter I have.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:09 PM   #6
Tech Elite

you should come race with us this spring and u should join nashrcracer.com great forums 4 the area
RCP Customs
Old 02-21-2009, 12:22 PM   #7
Tech Adept

I saw a few people running around the track today. I never have raced before, what does it take to do it? My truck has an O.S. 15 in it. Is that too big to be legal for that size truck? I know when I got my truck it was pretty popular for racing but would it still be competative today?

Oh, btw, I registered for that forum but I never got a reply back so it won't let me sign in. I think I did it two days ago.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:34 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc-mike View Post
I saw a few people running around the track today. I never have raced before, what does it take to do it? My truck has an O.S. 15 in it. Is that too big to be legal for that size truck? I know when I got my truck it was pretty popular for racing but would it still be competative today?

Oh, btw, I registered for that forum but I never got a reply back so it won't let me sign in. I think I did it two days ago.
make sure u read "new members read this first thread" it tells u how to complete registration

10th scale has died down some but they still race theyll let u run the .15 the big classes are buggy,truggy,slash spec
RCP Customs
Old 02-21-2009, 12:45 PM   #9
Tech Adept

Duh, I actually read that and still messed it up. I just sent an e-mail.

I have been doing some reading on the forums and noticed that 1/10th scale is dying down. Maybe I'll get something bigger later on but I really liked that Summit they had. Looked like it would be fun to run around out here.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #10
Tech Adept

Also, I was just looking at the new tank I bought and it has a rectangular block that is bolted to the bottom of the tank. It doesn't have any fuel lines going to it or anything, it is just stuck on the bottom. Curiosity is getting the best of me, what is that thing? Not that it really matters, I just assume there is a reason for it or it wouldn't be there.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #11
Tech Rookie

it is designed to decrease the amount of fuel that the tank will hold, you can take it out, at most club races it is not an issue and you will get a little more run time. it is kinda a pain to get it out but if you remove the screw before trying to get the spacer out of the tank it is a little easier. i just shake it until i can get a grip on it with needle nose pliers and then work it out of the opening.
Todd Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:49 PM   #12
Tech Adept

I kinda wondered if that was what it was for. I'll probably just leave it in there unless I see the need for more run time. I will probably get more anyway since I'm not spitting half the fuel out of the exhaust.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:59 AM   #13
Tech Adept

rkhess, How long does it normally take before I hear back about the forum? I e-mailed him yesterday and still haven't heard anything back.

What is a good vehicle to start racing with over there? I don't have a lot of car experience but I have tons of plane and helicopter experience. I'm thinking of getting something else in the future so maybe I can race a little.

I took out the XXX-NT this morning and hit my box blade on my tractor with it and broke a suspension arm. I almost bought some spares yesterday but I didn't.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:49 AM   #14
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I ran 1/10 gas truck all last year at Whitehouse, it doesn't matter what motor you run, we're not picky about it. When I first started there we had 8-10 trucks and by the end of the year we had about 4 or5. I'll be running gas truck and 1/8th scale buggy this year. if you need any help just let me know
markt311 is offline   Reply With Quote