R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-20-2009, 03:26 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Is my 4wd bad?

Im having a problem with my center diffs. This problem is on my Ofna MBX. I know when you turn 1 wheel, all wheels should turn, right? well this buggy doesnt. the front spin together and the rear spin together, but not all 4 at the same time. now, when I turn the spur gear, all the tires spin together and when i roll it on the ground. can someone direct me to a cure? thanks, id appreciate it!
Rip It Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip It Racing View Post
Im having a problem with my center diffs. This problem is on my Ofna MBX. I know when you turn 1 wheel, all wheels should turn, right? well this buggy doesnt. the front spin together and the rear spin together, but not all 4 at the same time. now, when I turn the spur gear, all the tires spin together and when i roll it on the ground. can someone direct me to a cure? thanks, id appreciate it!
Start with your diffs check the fluid if its pearl in color. then your diffs gears are stripped this occurs if your on throttle when coming back in contact with the ground after a jump.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip It Racing View Post
Actually it sounds as if it is working properly............. Do you understand what the center diff does? It does not act as a solid shaft.

If you set 3 wheels on the ground and then turn the fourth, the center diff only should spin (if the brakes are released).
John Schafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you turn both front wheels then both back wheels should turn the same direction. If the back wheels do not turn it is time to tear apart the center diff. You should re[lace the diff oil regularly and inspect the gears.