Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
steering problemo. >

steering problemo.

steering problemo.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default steering problemo.

hello. i've had my truggy out tonight trying to run the engine in wehn i came across another problem. every time i try to steer left or right it moves very slightly and stopps causing the turning circle of the car to be about 20 meters. i've tried lossening the screws, tightening them up, adjusting the spring tention on the servo saver and losening off the screw bit in the knuckles with no effect.
Has anyone else got any ideas of what i can do. i'm going to buy nice expensive super powerfull brand name batterys tommorow to see if that will help but i'm not sure.????????
Old 02-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Turn the "dual rate" up higher on the radio.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Weak servo?

I assume you have checked the battery is fully charged.

Remove the steering servo arm and check to make sure the steering mechanism is operating freely. When assembled correctly everything should be able to be fully tightened without causing binding.

Also dont forget to check your radio settings.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Rookie

hey thanks for the replys. i can only adjust the trims on the radio. the batterys are practically new but i'm going to get better ones and try that. the servo is turning perfectly untill i attach the steering arms so if it aint the batterys i'll try better servo. thanks guys
Old 02-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Your battery maybe low.... Under a load it needs more power!! Turn everything on and hold the brake on while turning the wheels left to right. (leave the car on the ground too) If it strains more (moves slower) then your battery is low or dead.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Is anything in the steering binding? A cheap servo will not work well but it should be able to steer your car tighter than 20 meters. Its common to find steering linkage or hubs binding. Disconnect the servo and move the steering by hand. If should have little to no restance. If it is sticky, you need to check it out section by section to find the problems.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Rookie

i dont think anything is binding i've looked it over again. turns fine by hand. i'll let you all know how i get on tommorow night.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Check to see if any teeth on your servo horn are damaged, mine did that and changed it and it was fine
Old 02-22-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Rookie

servo horns are fine. i got better batteries and fitted them which made a hell of a diffrence but i'm still going to buy a higher torque servo when i get the money for it. thanks to everyone for there help.