R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfr7 View Post
I really don't know why I'm degrading myself by responding to someone who is obviously a complete idiot,Oh name calling again, how typically immature of you, and you forgot to add "in my opinion". However, which based on the intelligence level you have displayed in your posts on this thread is roughly on a level with an average houseplant and isn't going to let me convince him he's not a rocket scientist.No, instead I own an International IT firm, and just get paid for my straight up knowledge/intelligence, lol I am not a top proI never would have guessed, champ, but I do work at a hobby shop and I have driven my fair share of carsOh you work at a Hobby Shop, hell stop the presses, you are OMNIPOTENT!!. Anyone who races anything offroad can tell you that testing an offroad RC car for 0-60ft times is a worthless test.Short powerful bursts of acceleration is what gets you to the corner quicker than the next buggy....thats why they include it in the tests....sigh I'm not saying that all tests done by magazines are not worth reading, quite the contrary, but I guess that assumption could be madeOh so the other test results are fine, just not the ones that dont fit your arm flailing attempt at an argument? Nice!. I was not attacking the Z-Car either, but YOU were the one that brought up how strong the car was, I was simply saying that the car is not indestructible, every car breaks, LIKE I SAID!Like I said before, I never said its indestructable, only that its one of, if not the most durable buggy. Both magazine tests agreed on that..You do know what they say about ASSuming, right? And if your going to tell me to cease the name calling, I believe you are the one acting like a 12 year old girl in this situation, I never called anyone names (in my first post), I simply said the defense was dumb and it was a dumb test, would you prefer I called it asinine? "My defense was dumb, and it was a dumb test"...LMAO, I should stop here but you really do deserve to have every single one of your absurd points/attacks/name calling against me responded to. If you had a bit of education, I am sure you could have said you disagreed with my points without posting like a 16 year old, perhaps "I do not agree with your points, thy dont make sense, expound on your position" instead I am blessed with "you are dumb"
Need I remind you that we are testing OFFROAD RC CARS for 0-60 times, not full scale onroad cars straight off the showroom floor. There are too many variables in track conditions and equipment to consider this a valid test. In your opinionI would respect a side by side lap time test between the two cars run on the same track with similar conditions and running equipment, right down to the clutch springs, RC MAGAZINES DO RUN these tests, go find one. Show me one, champ, I happen to have subscriptions to all of them, and have for years, I cannot recall any exact test, I mean if you were to have an exact test it would be running the 2 same cars, AristotleTo any magazine editor or otherwise that might be reading this, I am in no way bashing tests run by mag's, I find some to be very informative, just not in this particular case.Yes, you are, its just that you are obviously fine with all tests that agree with you heres your sign, you have earned it on that one

As far as my seeing a pro driver drive his car and basing my opinion on that, I have been good friends with Kelby Roberts for years, I have seen him drive many cars and I race with him regularly, I respect his opinions as well as his driving abilities. While he might be considered a Pro, he is an equal in my eyes as I race with him (and get beat by him) weekly. I have yet to see him complain about any major parts breakage on the car, with the exception of a diff case issue that has been resolved by the company. So as far as my assuming that these complaints must be false, I wasn't assuming nearly as much about a car as you were about my background and intelligence.But I sure did nail it that you weren't a Pro driver, right Mr hobby shop worker right? And your intelligence? I think you have displayed it well here, or rather the lack of perfectly

And yes, I can comprehend the data gathered from testing, I also know when to base my opinions on what I read in tests, do you? Go ahead and continue insulting people online, I'm sure it does wonders for the company you are trying to promote.
I am SO sure people wont buy from me because I verbally smacked someone back who called me names and attacked me.. I am a Veteran, fire at me, I WILL return fire. I am like that. I am also honest straight up and just in my dealings with people, and would never sell an overpriced, unfinished, buggy. But if I did, I would stand behind it like Assoc and release a free fix for it. If everybody with MP9s is not breaking arms, some many are, the easy solution would see what casting lots (or different factories in China) they were from and seek to notify the owners of that batch of MP9s that there was a batch of plastic improperly finished, and send out replacements.

Piss off
Chris
Need a kleenex or something? Lighten up, Francis

By the way, you can feel free to respond to this, but I won't bother reading it.
I wouldnt read or respond to it either, if I was you
I would hope it would be juuust a bit embarassing for you.

Have a wonderful evening,
Paul
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:41 PM   #122
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to IanWright

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRussian View Post

Personally I think the $800+ price for the MP9 is high, and as such, it better be an equivalent amount of performance/durability better. Its not. Thats my issue with it. I dont think the price is fair for racers, especially with the issues with durability and drivability.

My point was that a buggy for half the cost (even more than if you catch a sale) less hp by a 1/3, ordinary tires, outaccelerated by almost a half a second in 0-60 ft times. So it had all the disadvantages of: less hp, not as good tires, and slightly more weight... When you combine all that, and then add the cost of the MP 9 to it, the end result was most interesting to me.

If the MP9 was priced CLOSE to other top tier buggies, I could be more tolerant of its issues, but when they put it on a pedestal as their pricing has, it had better perform and last an equivalent level.

This is an expensive enough hobby, if a company is gonna hammer the racers wallets, then the goods should be worth it. Thats my whole point.
I don't agree with your perspective there... market will determine prices. If the price of the MP9 is too high no one would buy it. That is how the free market works. An item is only worth what people will pay for it, simple as that. Personally, if i was in the market for a new car i would not pay that much. If i have enough experiance with them to change my mind or confirm that... so be it (I have yet to meet someone who drives one that doesn't love it). But i see no reason to go on a campaign over it, the market has a habit of sorting itself out and business is business. If it's too expensive in your judgement for what it is, that's your call... no one is holding a gun to anyones head to buy it!

The danger in this hobby i think is in tires and fuel, I think AKA are raising the bar with tires that last extremely well and perform to a high standard to boot. Hopefully that's the way forward. $60 - $70 on one set of tires gets expensive to remain competitive. It's the expenses on peripherals needed to be competitive that historically killed off past classes, hopefully that won't happen to 1/8th nitro...
IanWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #123
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanWright View Post
I don't agree with your perspective there... market will determine prices. If the price of the MP9 is too high no one would buy it. That is how the free market works. An item is only worth what people will pay for it, simple as that. Personally, if i was in the market for a new car i would not pay that much. If i have enough experiance with them to change my mind or confirm that... so be it (I have yet to meet someone who drives one that doesn't love it). But i see no reason to go on a campaign over it, the market has a habit of sorting itself out and business is business. If it's too expensive in your judgement for what it is, that's your call... no one is holding a gun to anyones head to buy it!

The danger in this hobby i think is in tires and fuel, I think AKA are raising the bar with tires that last extremely well and perform to a high standard to boot. Hopefully that's the way forward. $60 - $70 on one set of tires gets expensive to remain competitive. It's the expenses on peripherals needed to be competitive that historically killed off past classes, hopefully that won't happen to 1/8th nitro...
Folks this is how you disagree with someone, without name calling.

How does that saying go "you can disagree without being disagreeable"
Good points btw, Ian
I agree tires/wheels prices are unreal.
Its really easy and quick to have more in tires/wheels that your whole vehicle. I am glad VP Pro is here and bring the costs down to a reasonable level.
I want to see our hobby grow, the economy has hurt it over the last year.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:50 PM   #124
Tech Master

...uh, yea, have any of you "freedom of speech" Harvard Law School graduates read the terms of use that you agreed to? He can say everything but the following:

1. Strong, vulgar, obscene or otherwise harmful language,
2. Racially, ethnically or otherwise, objectionable language,
3. Harassing, intimidating, stalking or threatening other community members,
4. Libelous, defamatory or otherwise tortuous language,
5. Online vandalism,
6. Impersonation of another person,
7. Posting, distributing, transmitting or promoting illegal content,
8. Invasion of another's privacy,
9. Actions that are hurtful to minors,
10. Posting, providing, transmitting or otherwise making available any materials or information infringing on the rights of a third party,
11. Posting, providing, transmitting or otherwise making available any junk mail or spam, and
12. Posting, uploading, emailing or otherwise transmitting any material that contains any malicious computer code, or reverse engineering or hacking any materials on the Site.

Now if you think starting a thread in a public forum titled "don't by 'xyz' product" isn't libel, you need your head examined. If the company wanted to take him to task, they certainly could. JMO... don't kill the messenger.

I don't care what product it is, it doesn't matter.
pitpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #125
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpop View Post
...uh, yea, have any of you "freedom of speech" Harvard Law School graduates read the terms of use that you agreed to? He can say everything but the following:

1. Strong, vulgar, obscene or otherwise harmful language,
2. Racially, ethnically or otherwise, objectionable language,
3. Harassing, intimidating, stalking or threatening other community members,
4. Libelous, defamatory or otherwise tortuous language,
5. Online vandalism,
6. Impersonation of another person,
7. Posting, distributing, transmitting or promoting illegal content,
8. Invasion of another's privacy,
9. Actions that are hurtful to minors,
10. Posting, providing, transmitting or otherwise making available any materials or information infringing on the rights of a third party,
11. Posting, providing, transmitting or otherwise making available any junk mail or spam, and
12. Posting, uploading, emailing or otherwise transmitting any material that contains any malicious computer code, or reverse engineering or hacking any materials on the Site.

Now if you think starting a thread in a public forum titled "don't by 'xyz' product" isn't libel, you need your head examined. If the company wanted to take him to task, they certainly could. JMO... don't kill the messenger.

I don't care what product it is, it doesn't matter.

Gonna have to agree with you, Pitpop the thread title is pretty harsh, perhaps "be aware of my issues with" or something like that.
I would not tell someone not to buy one, if someone likes it and is willing to shuck out the coin for it and they enjoy it, great.
It may just be a bad batch of plastics (it happens), but something in this case that should be examined.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #126
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I tend to disagree. At least in my eyes, he is stating his opinion. Now, if he had stated anything along the lines of "Brand X is a POS, garbage, junk...we broke 13000000 muffler bearings in 5 minutes worth of practice, Im done with this crap, and I suggest you not waste your time or money with this Brand X vehicle".... THAT could be, in a court of law, construed as libelous.

BTW, has anyone noticed that this apparently was a hit n run? The OP has not said anything since his OP? I do find that interesting...and maybe due to that, Brand X might have a case.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:25 PM   #127
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markt311 View Post
I've only seen 3 races with an MP9 in it and they broke all 3 times. The guy driving "was" one of the fastest guys at the track, he bought an MP9 and now he runs 5th consistently. I was marshalling for the Amain all 3 times. Once he was racing hard with another guy, they both blew the corner before a small double and kind of nosed into the top of the 2nd jump and one drove away, it wasn't the Kyosho. It was even sweeter b/c the kyosho guy is a total knob to everyone at the track. Karma is a... you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI View Post
I saw him break everytime he ran his MP9 and he is fast. Karma is COOL
You both are two of the biggest TOOLS on RC-Tech. The very least you could do if you want to bash the car or me personally is get your facts straight. We only had "2" race days after I built my car. The first one was the State Shootout. There were many fast guys that came to our track for that race. Just qualifying for the A-main was a good showing. It was my first race with a new car, as I had previously raced a Losi 8ight for 2 years. While I wasn't happy with a 8th starting spot in the A, I had moved up into 3rd place within a few laps. I even battled up into 2nd for a lap or so. Then guess what happened? I broke a front arm. Not from a small double, but from casing the landing on a 30ft triple.

The next race day we had 2 20 minutes mains, which were 2 separate races on the same day. The first race I finished 2nd to Reino only a few seconds behind him, I guess I was off pace. The next race I was running in the top 2 again, and I caught a piece of white pvc sticking out in the straight and it sheered another arm off. It hit so hard my car did about 3 donuts coming to a stop.

I agree with some comments here about the MP9 being a little on the fragile side. I don't think my 8ight 1.0 would have broken on at least one of those crashes. I will admit at the time I was frustrated with the car, and was questioning it myself. I then thought back to when I first started racing the Losi. I had many DNF's from shattered clutch bells, throttle servos. Not to mention many bad finishes due to locked up diff cups.

When I got my MP9 the 8ight 2.0 wasn't out yet. When the 2.0 did come out it's durability came under question as well. I have several friends with destroyed front shock towers and busted servo savers. Any new car is going to have some issues. Losi changed the plastic to be a little more rigid, and as we are all learning there is a fine line between durability, wear, flex, and strength with RC plastic.

For me switching from a Losi to a MP9 was a big change. There is definite difference in driving styles needed from car to car. I had become very comfortable and confident with the Losi over the past 2 seasons. I had settled on a good setup for me and rarely if ever made any changes. During the previously mentioned races, I made setup changes from heat to heat to get the feel of car where I wanted. I will admit at times I had the car where it wasn't near as comfortable to drive as my Losi. Pushing a car that is not comfortable and you are not used to will lead to bad crashes and broken parts.

I haven't raced over the winter, and I can't wait until the warm weather comes back so I can get my MP9 back on the track. I'm looking forward to the challenge of making setup changes and getting the car to do what I want. That was part of the appeal and why I switched cars to begin with. I was getting bored of just throwing the Losi down and racing. While it produced great results, winning is not everything. Most of us race these toy cars for fun. This was a change I needed to keep my interest in the hobby.

Now for the personal attacks... I'm sorry you two are so jealous of not being competitive that you take every chance you get to make snide remarks here and on our local forum. If you worked on your cars or practiced as much as you run your mouths this wouldn't be an issue.

If you have something to add about the car or questions on the durability or what Kyosho is doing to improve it, then there is a thread for that. If you want to make anymore personal attacks or you have got something you want to say to my face then PM me. I'm sure we can work a time and place out.

If you need help at the track, parts, or whatever feel free to stop by. I'm still willing to help you guys out despite your childless behavior. See you at the track.
RG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:13 PM   #128
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG24 View Post
You both are two of the biggest TOOLS on RC-Tech. The very least you could do if you want to bash the car or me personally is get your facts straight. We only had "2" race days after I built my car. The first one was the State Shootout. There were many fast guys that came to our track for that race. Just qualifying for the A-main was a good showing. It was my first race with a new car, as I had previously raced a Losi 8ight for 2 years. While I wasn't happy with a 8th starting spot in the A, I had moved up into 3rd place within a few laps. I even battled up into 2nd for a lap or so. Then guess what happened? I broke a front arm. Not from a small double, but from casing the landing on a 30ft triple.

The next race day we had 2 20 minutes mains, which were 2 separate races on the same day. The first race I finished 2nd to Reino only a few seconds behind him, I guess I was off pace. The next race I was running in the top 2 again, and I caught a piece of white pvc sticking out in the straight and it sheered another arm off. It hit so hard my car did about 3 donuts coming to a stop.

I agree with some comments here about the MP9 being a little on the fragile side. I don't think my 8ight 1.0 would have broken on at least one of those crashes. I will admit at the time I was frustrated with the car, and was questioning it myself. I then thought back to when I first started racing the Losi. I had many DNF's from shattered clutch bells, throttle servos. Not to mention many bad finishes due to locked up diff cups.

When I got my MP9 the 8ight 2.0 wasn't out yet. When the 2.0 did come out it's durability came under question as well. I have several friends with destroyed front shock towers and busted servo savers. Any new car is going to have some issues. Losi changed the plastic to be a little more rigid, and as we are all learning there is a fine line between durability, wear, flex, and strength with RC plastic.

For me switching from a Losi to a MP9 was a big change. There is definite difference in driving styles needed from car to car. I had become very comfortable and confident with the Losi over the past 2 seasons. I had settled on a good setup for me and rarely if ever made any changes. During the previously mentioned races, I made setup changes from heat to heat to get the feel of car where I wanted. I will admit at times I had the car where it wasn't near as comfortable to drive as my Losi. Pushing a car that is not comfortable and you are not used to will lead to bad crashes and broken parts.

I haven't raced over the winter, and I can't wait until the warm weather comes back so I can get my MP9 back on the track. I'm looking forward to the challenge of making setup changes and getting the car to do what I want. That was part of the appeal and why I switched cars to begin with. I was getting bored of just throwing the Losi down and racing. While it produced great results, winning is not everything. Most of us race these toy cars for fun. This was a change I needed to keep my interest in the hobby.

Now for the personal attacks... I'm sorry you two are so jealous of not being competitive that you take every chance you get to make snide remarks here and on our local forum. If you worked on your cars or practiced as much as you run your mouths this wouldn't be an issue.

If you have something to add about the car or questions on the durability or what Kyosho is doing to improve it, then there is a thread for that. If you want to make anymore personal attacks or you have got something you want to say to my face then PM me. I'm sure we can work a time and place out.

If you need help at the track, parts, or whatever feel free to stop by. I'm still willing to help you guys out despite your childless behavior. See you at the track.
Geez Ross!!! Take it easy!! Just messing around, Damn!! It just gets old watching you or Reino win all the time. If you still want to talk, I'll be at WH this summer. Don't take forums to serious!!
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:56 AM   #129
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Ok boys...lets try to keep the personal stuff away from the forums. Take a deep breath and CHILLAX.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:14 AM   #130
Tech Regular

i never pay 500$ more than other cars thats atleast as fast as others. Thats just stupid in my opinion. But as people said, If folks like and enjoys the car, let them buy it.

And for the topic starter.
I wouldnt say, never buy XXX becuse it is not a bad car at all. But the price is the worst about the car.

Many of them that are racing MP9 in summer bought their cars 2008 and the price wasnt so high at first so people could afford buy one.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:30 AM   #131
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

This is fantastic. The OP starts this thread and makes some baseless comments and never posts again in his own thread. And now we're on page 4.

Good job taking the bait on this one. This thread is nothing more than a bad attempt at trolling.
Jay Stuart #66
slumlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 03:13 AM   #132
Tech Fanatic

And I thought this would be over by now. See what Red can do for you!

Last edited by The Working Man; 02-25-2009 at 03:14 AM. Reason: .
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:59 AM   #133
Tech Apprentice

Actually guys I have asked the admin to remove this thread as I realise it was wrong to say what I did and I apologise to Kyosho and all you K lovers out there.

I must say what an entertaining thread this is, keep it up. I have my popcorn and coke and am sitting in my nice comfortable chair having a good read and laugh.

Some of the posts are huge, I don't have the patience to write such long winded posts, how do you do it?
Dale14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:56 AM   #134
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)
Send a message via MSN to zJatoRad

dammit, I'm so pissed I totally forgot to bring my popcorn before reading this thread!!!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:32 AM   #135
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

i can see dale's side, i was really frustrated with my mp9 when it broke the front arms multiple times, i got rid of the car off before it pissed me off enough to create a thread about not buying one, i saw one this weekend break the same as mine did, it was a kyosho sponsored driver also, just caugth the edge of a pipe and it broke, i personally think they exposed to much of the hinge pin holders, mine broke when i slid on a pipe and caught the coupler, probably if they had the de front skids at the timeit might have saved that from happening, i never had a bad crash with the car, the rest of the car is pretty durable
cjm1126 is offline   Reply With Quote