R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #76
Tech Adept

Hi...

I just wonder where did Xray got the brains to develop the smart diff.... that's easy just got a peak on BBF difs!!!!
Of course its just normal things on R&D deparments nowadays but sometimes people get blinded because of they favourite RC brand...
Pdpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:01 PM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
You obviously have no clue what you are talking about, so just shut up!
Didnt you say you were done in this thread?
BTW you said you own a hobby shop..which one is it?
I mean it would have to be pretty big, you know with you driving every buggy ever made enough to know that without a doubt XRay is the most indestructable and and such as you claim...

You own amain? Carolinas? Modhobby? Tower? lmfao

Just curious, how old are you?
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:40 PM   #78
Tech Rookie

Quote:
I'm done also, my apologies to the thread starter, and to the rest of you for my .
yet.........

Quote:
You obviously have no clue what you are talking about, so just shut up!
Nice!
what is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:00 PM   #79
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by markt311 View Post
I've only seen 3 races with an MP9 in it and they broke all 3 times. The guy driving "was" one of the fastest guys at the track, he bought an MP9 and now he runs 5th consistently. I was marshalling for the Amain all 3 times. Once he was racing hard with another guy, they both blew the corner before a small double and kind of nosed into the top of the 2nd jump and one drove away, it wasn't the Kyosho. It was even sweeter b/c the kyosho guy is a total knob to everyone at the track. Karma is a... you know.

I feel for the guy breaking all the arms if he pays for parts, that's probably $300 in broken arms knowing kyosho's jacked up prices. As far as the exchange rate goes, all the top car's components are made overseas, whether it's Japan, Thailand, china or whatever there is no reason for the price of the MP9 to be so high.

Kyosho would sell way more kits if it were in the same ballpark as any other top level chassis on the market. But they've always sold junk ever since the ultima came out and won the worlds with a completly Joel Johnson and trinity built car, but they fooled a lot of us into buying it. At least now there are so many options that people are starting to get wise to their lazy business practices

I saw him break everytime he ran his MP9 and he is fast. Karma is COOL
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #80
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Gentleman

My 16 year old nephew has been staying with me for the past few days..I have just noticed that he has been logging in as me and acting like an ass!! he is being dealt with.( he wont sit down for a WEEK!!!) My deepest apologies to all of you who have been offended by his stupidity and the attacks he has directed toward some of you.. I do not own a hobby shop, I have not driven every buggy out there, and I do not speak to my fellow RC buddies that way..I have been letting him run my XRAY 808 and of course I told him XRAY was the best (dont we all feel that way about what we drive) He obviously needs more ass whoopin and he will never get onto this forum again...I hope you can all forgive the damage he has done, but be assured it was not me, and will never happen again...I was at work logged in as me, and he was at my house also logged in as me. I dont know how I could have been logged in at the same time from both places..If any of you would like to speak with me personally about this send me PM and I will send you my email address. Madrussian, Jewn beef, and What..apologies especially to you, and if you want to come to AZ and Kick his little butt, I'll hold him down for you!
Old 02-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #81
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Gentleman

My 16 year old nephew has been staying with me for the past few days..I have just noticed that he has been logging in as me and acting like an ass!! he is being dealt with.( he wont sit down for a WEEK!!!) My deepest apologies to all of you who have been offended by his stupidity and the attacks he has directed toward some of you.. I do not own a hobby shop, I have not driven every buggy out there, and I do not speak to my fellow RC buddies that way..I have been letting him run my XRAY 808 and of course I told him XRAY was the best (dont we all feel that way about what we drive) He obviously needs more ass whoopin and he will never get onto this forum again...I hope you can all forgive the damage he has done, but be assured it was not me, and will never happen again...I was at work logged in as me, and he was at my house also logged in as me. I dont know how I could have been logged in at the same time from both places..If any of you would like to speak with me personally about this send me PM and I will send you my email address. Madrussian, Jewn beef, and What..apologies especially to you, and if you want to come to AZ and Kick his little butt, I'll hold him down for you!
So that's why we have passwords... who would've thunk it?
Banter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:02 PM   #82
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

haha what a little $hit!! tell him to get his own user name!
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:07 PM   #83
Tech Elite

they have a revised bulkhead so maybe stuff is coming

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/35234
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:02 PM   #84
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
So that's why we have passwords... who would've thunk it?
Firefox remembers me and automatically logs me in without passwords

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminnay View Post
haha what a little $hit!! tell him to get his own user name!
I agree. I have been trying to teach him some stuff, but he has ruined that. His Mom is coming to get him Tommorrow, he was supposed to stay until Sunday..

Those of you that know me, also know I would never talk to any of you like that..I am usually the one who tries to keep the peace, not start the war!

I have been known to have stupid humor, or say silly things, but I dont attack people or bash other products..please accept my apologies again
Old 02-19-2009, 06:08 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

i have firefox also.. i really like the remember option until my girlfriend gets on here and snoops around!
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:04 PM   #86
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Firefox remembers me and automatically logs me in without passwords

I agree. I have been trying to teach him some stuff, but he has ruined that. His Mom is coming to get him Tommorrow, he was supposed to stay until Sunday..

Those of you that know me, also know I would never talk to any of you like that..I am usually the one who tries to keep the peace, not start the war!

I have been known to have stupid humor, or say silly things, but I dont attack people or bash other products..please accept my apologies again
NP, bro
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #87
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

ah thanks for apology and also for the subject dont know about the buggys until tommorow but the strr was strong showing today at open class level says me friends who are there stick with the mp9 the parts tho fix problems will come in time just like the other buggies. have been told they drive completly different amd you have to finess them for them to go fast.
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:58 AM   #88
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amongt View Post
but witch arms you are talking about??? front upper arms, or front lower arms???

thanks
excuse my, my english sucks a little bit, can yu answer my question plz?
thanks
amongt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:44 AM   #89
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here is the track where the K car breaks, I believe it is usually front lower arm, at the lugs where the inner hinge pin goes through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UnIdDRGnEY&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_KuKm6ZQJ4

it is around 44 sec a lap and Dale is within 1/2 a second of the track record so he is no slow coach.

The Australian Nationals will be held on it in March, will be intersting to see what other brands struggle with durability especially in a 1 hour final
domekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:15 AM   #90
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

i had the same issue with the mp9 when i owned it, it was super fragile, the front arms would break in the same spot that dale is describing, was a total let down
cjm1126 is offline   Reply With Quote