R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2009, 10:21 PM   #61
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
.XRAY is the only way to go..:
The feeling of getting kicked in the balls is what Losi must feel like when Xray comes out with stuff. Xray has great manufacturing and they just blinding copy all the Losi stuff. They suck.
what is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #62
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,506
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGman View Post
Correct on both accounts.

This thread isn't about bang for buck.. its about companies like Kyosho making a product and claim its the best when things like front arms failing.

Before anyone sais its user error, i have seen Dale race.. he's smooth and knows how to race!

The fact is, the buggy is being used as it should be and was apparently designed for yet can't handle a simple race situation..

To me that makes me think that Kyosho is hoping its past success will promote the MP9
is that the same for the prone to breakage ae rc8 . i think both are the same as with all cars they have certain issues rc8 is stupid fast once all mods have been done if rear hubs hold up. new mp9 fast as hell if arms hold up. bad parts dont mean bad car rc8 fast but has had alot of issues enough so that everybody is expecting a 2nd gen. kit with all the mods already on it. its new kyosho will get problems fixed with time if enough people complaign or the pros start having the same problems i think its a good car with minor issues justlike them all
jewn_beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:41 PM   #63
Tech Adept
 
RiverDiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 160
Default

lmao that sux
RiverDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:09 PM   #64
Tech Elite
 
ezveedub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,411
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub
Default

Here is my suggestion. If you own a MP9 and don't like it, get another buggy, simple as that. Could care less about "X" buggy is better than "Y" buggy and what some magazine says is better than the other. For every article that states this the is best, someone has found something else to say. I don't remember Kyosho ever stating that the MP9 was the golden car to have. They sell a product and price does not speculate you'll be the TQ and Amain winner every race you enter, sorry, thats up to the driver. Every car has an issue, but to waste your time pissing away about your problems will not alleviate your issues. Get over your problems and find something that works for you, simple as that!.
__________________
Kyosho, Mugen Seiki, Maxy's Fuel, KO Propo
O.S., Ninja JX, Novarossi, RMV
ezveedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:08 AM   #65
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2
Default mp9

why would 'Dales dad',go onto the forum ,using his son's name ,I find it very strange ,from my understanding (not 100%) Dale get's his car from the Australian importer to run the car for them as their sponsored driver.
Ha I don't think he will be running Kyosho for much longer.
gingerbeer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:58 AM   #66
Tech Apprentice
 
NRGman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewn_beef View Post
is that the same for the prone to breakage ae rc8 . i think both are the same as with all cars they have certain issues rc8 is stupid fast once all mods have been done if rear hubs hold up. new mp9 fast as hell if arms hold up. bad parts dont mean bad car rc8 fast but has had alot of issues enough so that everybody is expecting a 2nd gen. kit with all the mods already on it. its new kyosho will get problems fixed with time if enough people complaign or the pros start having the same problems i think its a good car with minor issues justlike them all

Think again mate... if i remember there was a thread not so long ago about the RC8 and the general consensus was just to do a release pack like they did before..

RC8 having durability issues? lol, I'm not the best driver out there and so far not one thing has broken on mine... the only factory problem was the fuel tank which has been corrected..

and all the mods you say? what? like the steering and battery mod.. that's all really.. and them mods just improve it slightly....

gingerbeer1
: why? because there a father/son team..
__________________
Team Associated RC8B | GOOOOO Team Associated!
<-| Team Associated RC8B | Novarossi Toro Nero 21T | DX3R | Purple Rush|->
NRGman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:20 AM   #67
Tech Master
 
markt311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nashville Tennessee
Posts: 1,368
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Edit
__________________
PR Racing Bellgate Distributors
Caster Racing Parts
311 RC Graphics

Last edited by markt311; 02-28-2009 at 09:44 PM.
markt311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:31 AM   #68
Tech Elite
 
hyper7vspec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Adelaide , South Australia
Posts: 2,528
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to hyper7vspec
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbeer1 View Post
why would 'Dales dad',go onto the forum ,using his son's name ,I find it very strange ,from my understanding (not 100%) Dale get's his car from the Australian importer to run the car for them as their sponsored driver.
Ha I don't think he will be running Kyosho for much longer.
Maybe because they use the same computer

Dales a great driver, and steve knows his stuff when it comes to K cars, these guys are through and through kyosho fanatics and great drivers, there must be a big issue if they are having enough problems to warrant not wanting to run the car.
__________________
-Andrew Foord- Thanks to all of my sponsors!

TLR - OMP/Modelflight - Orion - Proline - Nitrolux Fuel - Savox - HobbyWing - RCRS.com.au - Schelle - NVision - Ace Hobbies
hyper7vspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:18 AM   #69
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Central IL
Posts: 64
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

You know I've seen the prices out there on all buggies. Believe me I am a tight A$$. I knitpick and am frugal as can be just to save a buck rc racing. But I'm still getting a mp9 as my hobby shop has that K car support. And I have looked at the prices of all buggies and have gotten all the pros and weaknesses of each buggy on these forums. If you look at the price of most of the parts on ie amain K car parts are far cheaper than the other buggies. (Except truggy for the ST-RR and that to me is jacked up.) While the buggies that have more expensive parts are reflected in their kit prices being cheaper. They make up the costs in the parts while Kyosho makes up the difference in the initial purchase of the mp9. Plus how many kits out there have the machined aluminum steering knuckles already and aka tires that don't wear out as fast and make any car feel like it is on rails. Most don't have it besides Kyosho, Jammin, and Tamiya (regarding steering knuckles). You have to purchase that extra and usually a good set of tires too. If you actually took those two things away from the buggy it would be in the price range of the other buggies, ie Losi, Jammin, Xray

Yes I've seen the problems first hand with the MP9 as I have pro driver in my back yard. The only thing I could think of is the parts going to australia aren't as good as the other mp9 parts going around the world. As breaking that many a arms is a lot. But don't just bash the car. Some people have good luck others don't. I usually have bad luck and when I get it well see if I have issues. Plus the mp9 drives alot different than WC/SP2. I own now the SP2 with no big bores and from what I seen and heard you have the drive the buggy not a hard and that could be what it happening with dale. If that is the case maybe he should switch to something that fits his driving style more. Plus cutting weight means more breakage as the mp777 was a tank. Now all buggies are going on diets and that means that same wreck with the old buggy would break and the new one might.

I probably wasn't going to get the mp9 as the price was a bit much. I wanted one, but even at my current job I couldn't afford one, but I got lucky and I went the rarely used route. If I didn't find the one I was getting I would have narrowed my choice down to Mugen or possibly the new Tamiya when it came out as they seem to have the least amount of problems. I never owned a mugen, but have heard good things and only heard of about two major problems with the mugen and the same with the K car. Both have been solved for the most part.

PS it is all about having fun. We all forget that once in a while and just go with what buggy you feel it is best for you and your price range. Most will be happy some won't
__________________
RJD Hobbies, Kyosho, AKA, Byrons Fuel, Airtronics, Futuba/JR, Novarossi/Sirio, Future: Reedy/Orion
driverbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:40 AM   #70
Tech Elite
 
ezveedub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 2,411
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverbob View Post
You know I've seen the prices out there on all buggies. Believe me I am a tight A$$. I knitpick and am frugal as can be just to save a buck rc racing. But I'm still getting a mp9 as my hobby shop has that K car support. And I have looked at the prices of all buggies and have gotten all the pros and weaknesses of each buggy on these forums. If you look at the price of most of the parts on ie amain K car parts are far cheaper than the other buggies. (Except truggy for the ST-RR and that to me is jacked up.) While the buggies that have more expensive parts are reflected in their kit prices being cheaper. They make up the costs in the parts while Kyosho makes up the difference in the initial purchase of the mp9. Plus how many kits out there have the machined aluminum steering knuckles already and aka tires that don't wear out as fast and make any car feel like it is on rails. Most don't have it besides Kyosho, Jammin, and Tamiya (regarding steering knuckles). You have to purchase that extra and usually a good set of tires too. If you actually took those two things away from the buggy it would be in the price range of the other buggies, ie Losi, Jammin, Xray

Yes I've seen the problems first hand with the MP9 as I have pro driver in my back yard. The only thing I could think of is the parts going to australia aren't as good as the other mp9 parts going around the world. As breaking that many a arms is a lot. But don't just bash the car. Some people have good luck others don't. I usually have bad luck and when I get it well see if I have issues. Plus the mp9 drives alot different than WC/SP2. I own now the SP2 with no big bores and from what I seen and heard you have the drive the buggy not a hard and that could be what it happening with dale. If that is the case maybe he should switch to something that fits his driving style more. Plus cutting weight means more breakage as the mp777 was a tank. Now all buggies are going on diets and that means that same wreck with the old buggy would break and the new one might.

I probably wasn't going to get the mp9 as the price was a bit much. I wanted one, but even at my current job I couldn't afford one, but I got lucky and I went the rarely used route. If I didn't find the one I was getting I would have narrowed my choice down to Mugen or possibly the new Tamiya when it came out as they seem to have the least amount of problems. I never owned a mugen, but have heard good things and only heard of about two major problems with the mugen and the same with the K car. Both have been solved for the most part.

PS it is all about having fun. We all forget that once in a while and just go with what buggy you feel it is best for you and your price range. Most will be happy some won't
+1 on the Kit price vs parts price. I have compared the Mugen to the Kyosho and the Kyosho is more on the kit, but Mugen is more on the spares parts, almost double in some cases. Not always the case, but mostly.
__________________
Kyosho, Mugen Seiki, Maxy's Fuel, KO Propo
O.S., Ninja JX, Novarossi, RMV
ezveedub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:07 AM   #71
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by what View Post
The feeling of getting kicked in the balls is what Losi must feel like when Xray comes out with stuff. Xray has great manufacturing and they just blinding copy all the Losi stuff. They suck.

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about, so just shut up!
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:15 AM   #72
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 2,028
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

the price of 850, ok.. if you paid that.. you need to search elsewhere.. My buddy got his off ebay.. in a buy it now.. or best offer.. made an offer.. and got it for waaaaay less than that.. so.. if you are such a bargain hunter.. you should know how to get cheaper prices..

I have had the car, and while i have had some failures.. they are due to my wrecks.. i have had only 1 front arm failure.. and that was due to me hitting a T post.. other than that.. no huge failures that i would attribute to the manufacturing of the car..

Dale has been complaining since day 1.. and has even had Paul King speak to him, and offer different options to see whats going on.. and suggest other things to do in order to rectify the problem..

I have been rough, and while i have had a couple failures.. all failures are due to my mistakes, or over driving of the car.. and only one front arm failure..
__________________
Daniel Grobe
----------------------
Sponsors:
Proline Racing / RC America / Xray
dgrobe2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:34 AM   #73
Tech Addict
 
PinoyCali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 722
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Same here I broke 1 arm since day 1. Its my mistake I hit a sprinkle pipe.
PinoyCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #74
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by what View Post
The feeling of getting kicked in the balls is what Losi must feel like when Xray comes out with stuff. Xray has great manufacturing and they just blinding copy all the Losi stuff. They suck.

LOL! Ya, just like Xray copied the smart diff,... oohhh wait actually Losi copied Xrays active diff. Whatever, get over your copying delusion, we have discussed this a million times, its the evolution of racing and competition, not "copying". If you haven't owned an Xray you cant even begin to comment. I've owned a Losi, I'm just mad I waisted all that money, servos, and maintenance time with that ride. I'll probably never leave Xray again, its just a very solid race buggy.

OK now back to the topic...
We had an expert level racer at my local track in CA purchase the MP9, long story short he sold it two months later because he couldn't finish a race. He is a very smooth driver (better than I) coming from electric 1/10th scale, and he still couldn't get it across the line. He's now sponsored by another manufacturer.

Why...
I think racing out here in California we have issues others don't. The race tracks out here are large outdoor motocross style tracks with huge jumps, and you have to go for it or you get smoked by Drake, Truhe, Kortz, King, Lutz, Bradley and others. If your equipment cant take the occasional hard crash you will lose in expert class. This is aggressive racing out here, and you just cant compete with a weak buggy, or even one weak part such as an arm. Don't get me wrong, I actually like Kyosho as a company, and the team drivers are really cool, but I expect more from them on the design side. Maybe they will release a new arm or something, most good companies fix issues yearly as they should. Its a thread/issue like this that might spark Kyosho to re-evaluate its front arm design, or check its quality control on the production/type of plastics they use. They are a good company, they will work it out.
CarCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:21 PM   #75
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5
Default

but witch arms you are talking about??? front upper arms, or front lower arms???

thanks
amongt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Inferno MP9 thread captain america Nitro Off-Road 20015 05-19-2017 02:14 AM
Kyosho Inferno VE UK.hardcore Electric Off-Road 95 08-29-2010 08:22 AM
losi 2.0 vs. mp9 patrick lsp Nitro Off-Road 53 04-11-2009 03:42 AM
thoughts on the new KYOSHO MP9?????????????? JOEHULL Nitro Off-Road 14 01-05-2009 10:22 PM
Kyosho MP9 compared to Hot Bodies D8 xpertpredator Nitro Off-Road 121 12-23-2008 02:33 PM
what buggy to buy F-1 Nitro Off-Road 37 10-08-2008 09:51 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:30 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net