Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Don't buy MP9

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

And what about people with ST-RRs having diff issues to the point some are using hot bodies gears??
Old 02-18-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

sorry nooo problem mp9 front arms here in 2 gallon run indoor
as for a strr i never lost a diff in it eather so it user error
Old 02-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

it just sounds like u guys are nosing the car into jumps and hitting the walls perhaps. I had a few issues with my eight and since none of come up. To go through that many sets of front arms is getting to think ur hitting to many non moving objects?
Old 02-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by porkchop
sorry nooo problem mp9 front arms here in 2 gallon run indoor
as for a strr i never lost a diff in it eather so it user error

ST-RR diff issues google search: Results 1 - 20 of about 4,930,000 for ST-RR diff issues
Old 02-18-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
That's the stupidest thing I ever heard from both of you......Dont Crash?!?!

+1

This ain't a newb talking about his new mp9, looks to me like they've been around the block a time or 2.

That's great advice though, drive like a pro team driver. Hey what a great idea I'll have to try that one. If we all could do that we wouldn't look up to them soo much for their skill. They're team drivers going all around the world for a reason.

IDK if they are right about the mp9 being weak in the arms or not, I just thought the answer/advice was far from anything usefull.

Oh well, carry on......
Old 02-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 03racefan03
+1

This ain't a newb talking about his new mp9, looks to me like they've been around the block a time or 2.

That's great advice though, drive like a pro team driver. Hey what a great idea I'll have to try that one. If we all could do that we wouldn't look up to them soo much for their skill. They're team drivers going all around the world for a reason.

IDK if they are right about the mp9 being weak in the arms or not, I just thought the answer/advice was far from anything usefull.

Oh well, carry on......
i drive my car almost sideways wot and i hit shit hard since i had this car and they only thing i broke was a castor block but i hit pit lane wot sideways big deal i chnge it and go back up for next round it not the car it the users
Old 02-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Ohhh god....

this is the only thing i did not want to hear...

I have kyosho as the best ...and when they released the car it was like the god of all the buggys...

maybe is just good marketing maybe the car is as good as it was intedent to be..

i dont know...

i personally did two races on astro turf in uk..very cold wether with a lot of hits here and there and the only thing i broke was the body and the wing..

other than tha the car was ok..

but all the cars seemed very good there..
even some mavrick beat me up..but they had a lot of practising and setup on that track..

my opinion about the mp9 is:

The car has a very good potential and maybe some of us dont know how to use it.. even the pro drivers at the ifmar worlds did not come up with good results as they did not had time to learn the mp9...other than some issues it has a different driving style and we have to learn it...at the end of the day time will show..some of us might like it some not...but it was intendet to be the best in my opinion..

some will say the mp777 took the worlds in the same way...the mp777 for me was much easier to find its potential and drive it well...
Old 02-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

RC Extreme Mag test results

MP9= 3,440g
Z-Car= 3447g

MP9 with Team Orion CRF engine with 1.62 hp, 0-60ft=2.08 sec 34.6 mph
Z-Car with SH 8 port Pro engine with 1.37 hp, 0-60 ft time 1.66 sec 35.81mph
Old 02-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porkchop
i drive my car almost sideways wot and i hit shit hard since i had this car and they only thing i broke was a castor block but i hit pit lane wot sideways big deal i chnge it and go back up for next round it not the car it the users

What?

Regarding the MP9's plastic. It seems that all mfg's are going to stiffer plastic. Losi had really soft plastic in their 1.0 cars, and I hardly ever saw one break an arm, but they got sloppy quick. The 2.0 plastic is alot stiffer. I broke 5 arms on the mbx5r I had a couple years ago, and it was not due to bad driving. Mugen changed the plastic.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

why.............................

till now no one had interview/ask Mr Kanai himself about all issue factor???

Perhap thru this will clear all issue in one go
Old 02-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRussian

MP9= 3,440g
Z-Car= 3447g

Yea OK, the Z car is better!, so is the Bazooka
Old 02-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRussian

MP9= 3,440g
Z-Car= 3447g

Are you the same guy on RCU forums spouting off the same stats about the Z-car?

Your statement doesn't really prove anything and there are far too many other considerations in picking out a buggy or there are too many variations when testing.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by xrayeddy
What?

Regarding the MP9's plastic. It seems that all mfg's are going to stiffer plastic. Losi had really soft plastic in their 1.0 cars, and I hardly ever saw one break an arm, but they got sloppy quick. The 2.0 plastic is alot stiffer. I broke 5 arms on the mbx5r I had a couple years ago, and it was not due to bad driving. Mugen changed the plastic.
True. These cars are no better than the materials that they are made of.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default mp9

Hello boys i just read the whole post and here is what i can say a pro hyosho driver known more for truggy than buggy but fast with both was haveing issues at his local track with the new mp9 they are going to be fast but not if you drive them like the old ones. old k cars who go in hard and come out sideways and hot. the new one you set up good for turns and finess it around and it can be fast as hell but bash it and will have issues all cars have problems losi gets sloppy after one good race day x ray tigh but like k car expensive and hard to get parts ae bad plastics k car plastics once you learn what breaks you will learn how to make it so it dosnt brake. either way any car out there can be fast if you set it up right any car.....
Old 02-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dan
Are you the same guy on RCU forums spouting off the same stats about the Z-car?

Your statement doesn't really prove anything and there are far too many other considerations in picking out a buggy or there are too many variations when testing.
My "statement" is actually the test results from Extreme Rc Magazine, which does the most extensive performance tests of all the rc car magazines.

Have you been on their forums and asked about their tests and how they try to provide standard comparisons? And read their answers?

What Extreme R/C's test results do prove, is that despite costing almost 3x as much, a 4 g heavier, less hp Z-Car smoked it in the 0-60ft time, which they try to do with as close as possible standards.
I would say that would speak volumes...at least if you are capable of understanding what the test results show.
Same as I answered (you know, not spouting , but trying to explain, rude boy) on the other forum...

I agree there are far more considerations than just 0-60 ft times. However that was not the point I was making, please try and keep up, ok...

Durability?? LOL the Z-Car is the only rc car ever tested to get a 10+ in durability.

No need to get your panties all in a bunch...

How many sponsored Kyosho drivers of the MP9s have you personally talked to?

In detail?

Thanks for playing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.