R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2009, 09:50 PM   #31
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,854
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI View Post
Dude, how about just running Nitro?? Why does everyone else and the track have to make a concession for you??? You can't expect it. If the Electrics were more popular, track would accomidate them. You obviously have something against Nitro's by the tone of your post.

All racing has rules and classes, NASCAR, DRAG Racing, AMA, you name it. It is to keep it on a more even level with equipment.

ELECTRIC AND NITRO ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!!!!!!

Spend more time convincing guys to buy an electric than trying to change everybody else's view just for you.

And as far as us motorheads buying $500 motors, thats another reality of racing $$$$$ does help, but a great driver will always be a winner.

I don't fear the electric technology, I FEAR THE TREE HUGGING LIBERAL EPA ASS WIPES TAKING AWAY MY LOVE FOR NITRO ENGINES. I just like nitro engines, I don't see whats wrong with that.
I said I don't run nitro because if I had to run nitro I wouldn't even be racing. The noise alone would prevent me from running it where I live. Electric allowed me to get in 1/8 and spend my hard earned bucks without having to deal with the nitro headaches.

When we race with nitros, we do a fake pit stop, set the cars up to be competitive, but not overpowered. The only thing different about the car is that it isn't waking the dead when it is flying down the straight. I have raced a 30 minute main and did a pit stop at the 15 minute market to do a battery swap. It took about 30 seconds which was the equilvalent to ALL THE NITRO PIT STOPS.

No one is trying to convince anyone of anything. I am not the one crying about someone having an unfair advantage. Again, I don't follow the logic. You don't want nitros and electric racing together because electric may have an advantage. Yet it is ok for one nitro to have an advantage over another nitro. At least be consistent with your argument.

When there are enough electrics to warrant it's own class, then so be it. I have no problem running only with electrics. However, the class is in its infancy and I know for fact that electric 1/8 has brought people into the hobby which helps us ALL out.

The class is growing exponentially if you haven't noticed by all the new products that have been recently released. Every major mfg has a brushless 1/8 coming out. In a year or two there will probably be enough to seperate the classes. Until then, everyone should be accomodating to help the overall hobby grow and save the crying for another day.
__________________
Cars I've Owned: Tekno EB48 & SCT410, AE 8.2e, AE SC10 4x4, MBX6e Tekno V4, Xray 808e, Xray 8Te, Losi 810e, Losi SCTE 4x4, Losi 22, Hot Bodies Ve8, Losi 8te, and plenty of Traxxas

Sponsors: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and my wife's bank account.
Edumakated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:56 PM   #32
Tech Adept
 
RiverDiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 160
Default

i don't see the big deal at a club race....but they should be seperate at any type of big event for example money or trophy race.
RiverDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #33
Tech Master
 
bgbelden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cleveland, TN
Posts: 1,980
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

From my view,
Don't lipo's last 20 minutes?
Pit stops ? (true story)They were mandatory and when they didn't do the "fake" pit they still got to bump to the "A".
Weight? Are speed controler's really as heavy as fuel ?
Batteries ? I've got one in my car controlling my stuff too like both servo's i need to run.
Mod'd motors ? I'm just as slow with my cheapy motor as when i had my V-specs, as long as it last the whole main i'm good.
Turn Marshalling ? Yeah i do have you beat there because i can redline my motor to get your attention and i'm guilty of failing to flip over an electric once.
Verdict = for club racing with not enough to form a class i would rather the few cars race with nitro and make for a fuller track than to turn M a field of say 3 quiet, boring, cars.
__________________
''Life's tough ........
it's even tougher if you're stupid..''
-- John Wayne
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:08 PM   #34
Tech Master
 
drs92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,894
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drs92
Default

At our track they let us run nitro and electric...run what you brung basically No one complains they think its pretty cool and the nitro mugen 6 almost had the rc8 e, in about a half a lap the nitro would have got it. Comes down to the driver AND MOST OF ALL THIS HOBBY IS FUN!!!!SOME PEOPLE TAKE IT WAY OVER THE EDGE
drs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:18 PM   #35
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Utah
Posts: 191
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I find the whine of 1/8 electric to be annoying. We run both classes together. The electrics do have a big advantage on tight small tracks.
Scott51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:20 PM   #36
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,332
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edumakated View Post
But again, why the fuss over electric and its "advantages" but it's ok for a deep pocket nitro racer to spend a ton of money on a modded out nitro engine that needs one less pit stop, puts out more hp, and holds a tune better and race it against broke racers running RTR mills? How is it any different? Why is that not cheating?

Flame Out = Battery plug knocking itself loose after casing a jump. Yes, I had it happen to me in a race. Or better yet, ESC thermaling because I over geared for the track. Battery dumps with 30 seconds left in a 20 minute main because I got a little trigger happy. Electric is hardly plug and go.

The way some of you guys talk about flame outs, weather, holding a tune, etc you make it sound like 90% of nitro's can't make it around a track without breaking down. Hardly any of the nitro guys I see at my local track seem to have any of these problems on a regular basis.

Electric does have its advantages, but completely over blown IMHO. I think the bigger issue is that there is an undercurrent of fear that new game changing technology is on the horizon that doesn't include nitro engines. Don't get me wrong, I love to see the nitros screaming down the straight. Just has a certain soul about the noise that I find appealing at the track (sometimes).
Just admit that you like to cheat....Why do you feel that you need to race with nitros when in every other form of RC racing they separate the classes..race with other electric buggies and truggies..
__________________
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:22 PM   #37
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,332
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_18mt View Post
At our track they let us run nitro and electric...run what you brung basically No one complains they think its pretty cool and the nitro mugen 6 almost had the rc8 e, in about a half a lap the nitro would have got it. Comes down to the driver AND MOST OF ALL THIS HOBBY IS FUN!!!!SOME PEOPLE TAKE IT WAY OVER THE EDGE
Cheating is in what way taking it over the edge..
__________________
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:32 PM   #38
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

People are not cheating if the race directors are allowing electric to run with Nitro..as usual another thread turned into a fight..we as a species are doomed..long live the fish!
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:55 PM   #39
Tech Regular
 
mini696's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: AUSTRALIA
Posts: 304
Default

Race together? Yes.
Same points score? No.
__________________
D8, GO 5Port
Ve8, RX8 1900, Promatch 5100 4S
SC10, Hobbywing EzRun
mini696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:26 PM   #40
Tech Lord
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,332
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

If 3 or more electric buggies or truggies show up they should race in their OWN class..how hard is this to understand..I will say this..I can wheel an RC car..i'm in the process of building an electric truggy (Losi 1.0) I'm going to be using a tecno kit and since the track I race at is only running 15 minute mains..I'll kill the nitro truggies on this track with an electric truggy....I'll still race my nitro truggy because to me it's like cheating using electric against nitros..but I guess not according to most of the electric racers..
__________________
I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #41
Tech Master
 
dgdcustoms's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfiled, NE
Posts: 1,760
Trader Rating: 80 (99%+)
Default

i dont think he sarted this thread the right way.i am one of those that is converting to brushless.but what he left out is there is only like 3 or so people that have brushless,there just isnt enough of us to start a class.and also they dont wont us to run on electric days cause 8th scalers tear up the track to much.so see we are kinda damn if we do and damn if we dont. i want to qote somehere and the locals will know who i am qotting "8th scales are 8th scales".we have to start out somewhere.until there is enough of us to start or own class just let us race too.i realy think we need to sit down with everyone at our track and get this worked out and just stop cryin about.
it sounds like alot of people dont want more people to start or enjoy this great hobby.i mean come the slayers have to run with monster trucks and i dont think thats right but hey there just isnt enough for their own class right now.sorry i had to vent i been watching and ready all this for too long not to say something.
__________________
Schumacher-Team Tekin-Fantom Racing-Futaba-Savox
Emery's Kustom Painting
DiscountRCStore.com-for everything Schumacher!!
dgdcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:50 PM   #42
Tech Champion
 
losi_racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

just thought i would throw my .02 cents in....

nitro and electric and different i agree... they shoudnt be ran together... electric 1/8th scale is gettin so big out here they are talkin of making there own class because its so big


on a short technical track electrics will win over nitro everyday. idc who u are because i seen a pro get beat buy an intermediate electric 1/8th scale guy on a short technical track.....


BUT

if the track is open where the nitro can get speed then its an even fight. i run at both types of tracks. and i hate runnin with them at the short track but i could care less at the other track, it comes down to skill then....

if u disagree u disagree idc, thought i would add my .02
__________________

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:54 PM   #43
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mesa
Posts: 102
Send a message via AIM to Joaf
Default

Which intermediate beat which pro?
Joaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:56 PM   #44
Tech Master
 
dgdcustoms's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Springfiled, NE
Posts: 1,760
Trader Rating: 80 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
If 3 or more electric buggies or truggies show up they should race in their OWN class..how hard is this to understand..I will say this..I can wheel an RC car..i'm in the process of building an electric truggy (Losi 1.0) I'm going to be using a tecno kit and since the track I race at is only running 15 minute mains..I'll kill the nitro truggies on this track with an electric truggy....I'll still race my nitro truggy because to me it's like cheating using electric against nitros..but I guess not according to most of the electric racers..
its not that we WANT to race with electrics just not enough to have their own class right now.so how is this cheatting if we have to run with them?what we are cheaters cause we wont to run an 8th scale but dont like nitro.

come on now thuoght we wanted more people to race and to get into this hobby not just to turn them away cause they have electric.
__________________
Schumacher-Team Tekin-Fantom Racing-Futaba-Savox
Emery's Kustom Painting
DiscountRCStore.com-for everything Schumacher!!
dgdcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:57 PM   #45
Tech Champion
 
losi_racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joaf View Post
Which intermediate beat which pro?
a guy named brad. idk him other then he races at my track... he beat tanner with a.e. i forgot his last name but the guys like 14



I MIGHT WANNA ADD THIS THO SO I DONT STEP ON ANY TOES

him and brad were fighting back and forth thru out the race and tanner did break but brad was ahead so yea... thought i would point that out
__________________

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aarcmcc Rules TrustMe Australian Racing 43 10-10-2005 01:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:19 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net