R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 168
Default Truggy tires?

I need some truggy tires. Don't have to be pro racing tires cause I don't race. So, just some normal tires, not really expensive ones.
Dvx400Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #2
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

None of them are really cheep. if you are not racing you should look into Badlands, or Knuckles they will last allot longer than any of the racing tires. Expect to be about $80-$100 for a set of 4 tires and rims.
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
None of them are really cheep. if you are not racing you should look into Badlands, or Knuckles they will last allot longer than any of the racing tires. Expect to be about $80-$100 for a set of 4 tires and rims.
o_o. How about juts for tires???
Dvx400Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:03 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic
 
Tree's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Murrieta, California
Posts: 839
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Tree
Default

You are looking to pay about $30-$40 for a pair of Proline tires without rims.
__________________
Team Holy Rollers
HiTec Servos
"N-Tune" Nitro Engine Tuning Dials
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
Tech Lord
 
Jaz240's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,492
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

$60 or so
__________________
nothing to see here................................
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:05 PM   #6
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 168
Default

That's expensive. Haha.
Dvx400Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvx400Rider View Post
o_o. How about juts for tires???
Tires are like $25 a pair for truggy. then $20 for rims. There really aren't many truggy tires that aren't racing oriented. Badlands are like the only ones. What Kind of running are you doing? I believe HPI also makes some nubby tires that would last awhile on pavement and offroad dirt and grass.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:07 PM   #8
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Tires are like $25 a pair for truggy. then $20 for rims. There really aren't many truggy tires that aren't racing oriented. Badlands are like the only ones. What Kind of running are you doing? I believe HPI also makes some nubby tires that would last awhile on pavement and offroad dirt and grass.
I'm running on dirt and grass, might go on pavement, but it's not that likely. I think I have the stock tires on them I'm not sure. Once I get my servers and get it running, I'll post pictures of me driving it.
Dvx400Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:10 PM   #9
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvx400Rider View Post
I'm running on dirt and grass, might go on pavement, but it's not that likely. I think I have the stock tires on them I'm not sure. Once I get my servers and get it running, I'll post pictures of me driving it.
You might also want to look at the losi zombie maxx tires. they are really MT tires but will work on the truggy. they are probably the ultimate offroad/grass tire.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4793

What truggy is this???
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic
 
mfrosty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 920
Trader Rating: 14 (89%+)
Default

I've got 2 sets of M2 Bowties that I'll sell you for $50 shipped

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...0-set-4-a.html
mfrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #11
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
You might also want to look at the losi zombie maxx tires. they are really MT tires but will work on the truggy. they are probably the ultimate offroad/grass tire.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/4793

What truggy is this???
It's the Hellfire.
Dvx400Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #12
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvx400Rider View Post
It's the Hellfire.
In that case you probably already have the hpi ones I was talking about.

These are the hpi ones.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6746

The losi zombie max's are prolly the best bet. or the proline badlands. any of the above would be fine for bashing.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:57 PM   #13
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
In that case you probably already have the hpi ones I was talking about.

These are the hpi ones.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/6746

The losi zombie max's are prolly the best bet. or the proline badlands. any of the above would be fine for bashing.

The look like little nubs. Idk what ones they are.
Dvx400Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:03 AM   #14
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

If you end up with anything Proline DO NOT run the stock foam....spend a couple extra $$ and buy the Ofna foams...or even a set of panther Standard Inserts....Anything but the Proline molded crap...i had a set of badlands split a foam within the first couple days of owning them.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
D&M Speedway Topeka Outdoor Off-Road JPMSRacing Kansas/Missouri Racing 5448 10-09-2010 09:01 AM
Truggy Tires, Buggy Rims, Duratrax Temp Gun REVX R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 08-19-2009 07:24 PM
J Concepts Truggy Tires (NEW) and NEW Wheels Reflux and Proline hemi4me R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 08-11-2009 10:45 AM
<< 1/8th Truggy / Revo tires and adapters! ALMOST NEW >> Outtacontrol58 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 10 04-12-2009 03:21 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:12 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net