Fioroni Exhaust Gas Cooler >

Fioroni Exhaust Gas Cooler

Fioroni Exhaust Gas Cooler

Old 02-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommy O
Yannick Aigoin used one this weekend.
But what sense is it when you mount it so near the block and pipe? I think the reflective tape on the tank works just fine.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Adept

kaotic - i will try the tape before i get a cooler......but i was thinking about getting one...lol
Old 02-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

looks like i need to get my hands on some tape.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Rookie

This works fine for me
Attached Thumbnails Fioroni Exhaust Gas Cooler-img_8055.jpg  
Old 02-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This works fine for me
That looks just like my MBX5T tank. Installed exactly the same way.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Good God! I can't believe people are still trying to sell these things. Plain and simple, they do nothing. The physics just don't allow any cooling to take place here. There is NO flow through the pressure line, it is just pressure. Spend your money if you want, dream about a few more seconds. What a waste.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yannick Aigoin used one this weekend.
It's great this guy uses this. But look at where he placed it. Even if, and that is a big IF, it performed some actual cooling. It certainly would not provide any cooling in that location. It would need to be in a place that cool air flowed past it. Not wedged in between the motor and pipe. Come on guys, think about this.
The best thing you can do to get more time out of a tank is to learn to tune your motor better.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Cvdiver
It's great this guy uses this. But look at where he placed it. Even if, and that is a big IF, it performed some actual cooling. It certainly would not provide any cooling in that location. It would need to be in a place that cool air flowed past it. Not wedged in between the motor and pipe. Come on guys, think about this.
The best thing you can do to get more time out of a tank is to learn to tune your motor better.

I agree and also use some heatshield tape on the tank, hehe..
Also this cooler will add weigth to the car.......
Old 02-18-2009, 02:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I have some of the aluminum foil stuff with a 1\4 in. piece of bubble wrap made into the middle of it and glued it to the tank, works great, just wish I could find more of it.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Cheaper way to achieve this is by using a fuel filter on the exhaust-fueltank line. You may achieve some cooling, but first of all it helpes stabilize the preasure. But hen again, there's a gizmo for that to
Old 02-19-2009, 05:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by OfnaJoe
I have some of the aluminum foil stuff with a 1\4 in. piece of bubble wrap made into the middle of it and glued it to the tank, works great, just wish I could find more of it.
nomex tape....most auto parts have some and losi makes some

it is thin and works great
Old 02-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

I dont know where the tape comes into play unless it is just some sort of shield from the exhaust but the exhaust gas coolers work. I was trying to achieve 11+ mins of run time in legal form on my mbx6 buggy and the cooler is one of the items allowing me to do this. I ran back to back tests and just adding the cooler alone netted me 30-45 more secs runtime, every bit counts in racing and this is 1 more lap on my track. Here is where I have mine and I am going to add some holes to the body to further enhance the cooling affect.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by casevac
Cheaper way to achieve this is by using a fuel filter on the exhaust-fueltank line. You may achieve some cooling, but first of all it helpes stabilize the preasure. But hen again, there's a gizmo for that to
your talking about the orion crf constant pressure device? if so I run one of those all it does is make your tank run at a low pressure all the time
Old 02-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpz_67
I dont know where the tape comes into play unless it is just some sort of shield from the exhaust but the exhaust gas coolers work. I was trying to achieve 11+ mins of run time in legal form on my mbx6 buggy and the cooler is one of the items allowing me to do this. I ran back to back tests and just adding the cooler alone netted me 30-45 more secs runtime, every bit counts in racing and this is 1 more lap on my track. Here is where I have mine and I am going to add some holes to the body to further enhance the cooling affect.

is that the nero motor or the plus 4???
Old 02-19-2009, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Its a plus 4, best motor I have ever had as far as power, economy, and smooth power delivery. I am watching for the toro-nero and other updated nova motors though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.