rcg33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:40 AM   #17
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre lim View Post
Agree wit u but i got the jammin buggy aldy. Rite now i'm running on my
Ofna hyper st and thought of changing a new kit. Beside this 2 kit, can
anyone give other choice? Still can't make up my mind
I would say if you already have the Jammin Buggy, go for the truggy. Majority of the parts are interchangable, even with the X1 CR. Diffs are the same, so are the bulkheads, shocks, ring's, pretty much everything except the chassy, shocktowers and arms, are interchangable. Thats just my .02.

I run the X2's, and am beyond happy with the Truggy... I did a few of my own setup mods, and this thing now out-turns everything at the track. Extremely happy with it.
Spektrum's DX3R
JR's Servos
- - -
Support your LHS.!
www.emirateshobbies.com ( Still under construction )
qaiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:19 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Out of the 2, RC8T. Hands down a faster truck.

But if i was looking at buying a new truggy, the Losi 8t 2.0 is where i would go. That truck is killing the lap times at my track.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:19 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Wat about LOSI 8T? Anyone?
andre lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:17 AM   #20
LOL
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

best to to get a truggy that has full parts support..even if u get the best truggy..and ur LHS does not carry parts..u will have a big problem..
LOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:41 AM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I sat back and watched the guys running the jammin since this summer, no great drivers running, but I could see the potential. with mainly sportsman running them where i saw them, I got to see just how durable they are, I was quite impressed with some of the beatings that they went through and kept on going. After having finally driven one for myself, I am very impressed, if I had the means to do it, I would buy one to try for this season
BIG RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:46 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Big turn on for the STRR for me is that I have lots of the basic 777 platform parts, and the owner of my LHS/ local track runs the Kyosho 777 and STRR so im set on parts. Its really nice to have the feeling of never having to miss a race due to lack of parts.

And I like the 777 platform. I cant over drive my buggy, As I could the RC8 and 8ight 1.0 platforms. They make me more consistent cause Its harder for me to over drive them.

Thats why I like the STRR. I dont know if I explained myself clearly in my original post on my reasoning.

You honestly cant go wrong with any of them if you like them and have decent part support. A day racing is better than a day not racing!
Old 02-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
Out of the 2, RC8T. Hands down a faster truck.

But if i was looking at buying a new truggy, the Losi 8t 2.0 is where i would go. That truck is killing the lap times at my track.

Wat the diff between losi 8t n losi 8t2.0.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:19 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (96%+)

bought a kyosho st-r from a friend and loved it. then bought an st-rr here on rctech, loved it even more. i have owned a losi 8t and a mugen mbx5t. i have driven a friends rc8t, its ok. but you do have to get used to the steering. for my driving style, the st-rr suits me best. i have yet to strip diff's and brake plastics. a lot of my friends already are having problems with their rc8t's. worn plastic ball ends. chassis stiffening rod ends wearing out. just broken misc. plastics. imo kyosho all the way.
91integrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #25
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre lim View Post
Agree wit u but i got the jammin buggy aldy. Rite now i'm running on my
Ofna hyper st and thought of changing a new kit. Beside this 2 kit, can
anyone give other choice? Still can't make up my mind
The new Mugen MBX6T should be out soon and so should the HB D8T..both should be given a look..all the new truggies are going to be fast..it's just a matter of comfort level..as in how do you feel driving one, it just seems to me that with the longer truggies its more of a point and shoot driving style that your going to have to use to be fast with one (the new 2.0 Losi and the HB D8T cone to mind). The new Tamiya 801, Xray's new truggy are both going to be good also.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:22 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
The new Mugen MBX6T should be out soon and so should the HB D8T..both should be given a look..all the new truggies are going to be fast..it's just a matter of comfort level..as in how do you feel driving one, it just seems to me that with the longer truggies its more of a point and shoot driving style that your going to have to use to be fast with one (the new 2.0 Losi and the HB D8T cone to mind). The new Tamiya 801, Xray's new truggy are both going to be good also.
Will find out more about the new truggies!!!!!! Maybe Xray?
Old 04-23-2009, 01:01 PM   #27
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Read all to get to the bottomline. I am personally committed to running the ST-RR this season only because I have shaken out all the bugs, hopped it up in all the right places, dialed it, invested in the spare parts, it is fast (not the fastest, I will explain), durable, and competitive (to an extent). Of course what follows depends on the driver's skill so this is IMO. I have raced against the new 2009 X-Ray and the ST-RR is just as fast when 2 drivers on the exact same level are running against each other, haven't seen the new Mugen out there yet to compare but the ST-RR is faster than the old MBX5T, faster than the Jammin X2-CRT however, the Losi 8T-2.0 is the new beast on the dirt. I was a top 3-5 Truggy in my area and the guys that were in my trail pushing me with the original 8T have put me into the top 8-10 category with their new 2.0s. Now, out of 20-25 truggies or so that show up at the tracks I race, 20 now have the 2.0, 1 or 2 with X2s, 1 or 2 with X-Rays and guess how many ST-RRs? The answer is 1 or 2. I am no pro and no big names you will recognize in my area, just some really fast dudes like Jackie Woodard, Muscles, Ike Hawkersmith, etc... but I can still put down some fast consistent laps and many of the guys with the 2.0. I know if I had a 2.0 I would be back in the top 5. My ST-RR is fast bro. It is hooked up, turns perfect, glued to the track and I am ripping. I should have given you the bottom line up front but if I were just getting setup for the season, I would go with a 2.0 or the new Mugen. Or, wait to see how good the Mugen will be. Some may or may not agree with my assessment but it is thorough. Hope this helps with your decision.
EagleyeRC is offline   Reply With Quote