What buggy? HB D8 or Losi 8v2? >

What buggy? HB D8 or Losi 8v2?

What buggy? HB D8 or Losi 8v2?

Old 02-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DriftProjectR
how would you know this?
if you call them, they will tell you they know about the problem. its been fixed and replacements are coming. the car has a warranty for a reason.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I speak with a friend during my lunch time and his said me that the D8 have cheap plastic and the Hara D8 is not the same of the stock D8...

He think the Losi 2.0 is a good buggy but he thinks the RC8 is the best buggy on the market because is lighter than other and is durable.

But the RC8 need all "Service Pack" from AE.... and RC8 have the problem with gas tank.

So RC8 is really a good machine ? i want just a winner car hehe
Old 02-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

according to NEO they are working on some updates to the RC8, i think id wait before i bought one......

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...pic=0&start=16
Old 02-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok, i continue with my questions hehe,

The Losi 2.0 have the same probleme with bearing like the 1.0 or this is ok now?

With 2.0 do you need to rebuild the car betwen the qualif and race? or you can race all the week end without rebuilding the car ?

How about the transmission of the Losi? it is durable or you need to replace all gearage after every 2 week end race ?
Old 02-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Get a Z-Car buggy Pro!! $279!!
Old 02-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatdaddy
if you call them, they will tell you they know about the problem. its been fixed and replacements are coming. the car has a warranty for a reason.
i race for HB. so dont tell me something i already know. all chassis have there problems.

for instance. the losi 2.0 has front shock tower problems. earlier last month they stop production of the 2.0 front shock towers. they were making people buy the old 1.0 shock tower.

i have personally seen the losi snap the shock towers.

to each there own.

all i have to say to you buddy.....
Old 02-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Xchange

The Losi 2.0 have the same probleme with bearing like the 1.0 or this is ok now?

With 2.0 do you need to rebuild the car betwen the qualif and race? or you can race all the week end without rebuilding the car ?

How about the transmission of the Losi? it is durable or you need to replace all gearage after every 2 week end race ?

which bearing are you talking about?....

no, you dont need to rebuild during the race day.

i have reace my 2.0 about 5-6 times all gears seem fine, the only problem on the 1.0 was the rear case inserts would wear and the slop would ruin the ring and pinion gear, that problem seems a lot better on the 2.0......i had a rtr converted to race spec and never replaced the bevel gear in the diff in almost two years, i did go throug three ring/pinion gears.....
Old 02-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

i dont know what bearing my friend talking about, but he said the losi need more maintenance of the RC8 but he talking about the 1.0 and he dont know the 2.0.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I don't know where you got your info from but you never had to rebuild a losi between the qualifiers and the main. Losi has the same rebuild scedule as any other car. it does not need to be treated special or anything. I'm not sure what bearing problem you are talking about. The only bearing problem I know of was clutch bearings going bad because of people setting thier mesh too tight. The losi has alot of flex so you have to set the mesh slightly loose. The drivetrain is solid. Not sure what you are refering to as a transmission as 1/8 buggies don't have transmissions. If you are talking about the diffs they are solid now. The 1.0 diff cases wore quickly but they have addressed that on the 2.0 with new cases. No need to rebuild anything every week. The 2.0 is a very solid buggy. Only problem I know of is front shock towers but have yet to see one break or bend. I guess if you really smash it it would bend or break. KHZ has a front tower for the 2.0 for $30 if you are really worried about it.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

i dont know what bearing my friend talking about, but he said the losi need more maintenance of the RC8 but he talking about the 1.0 and he dont know the 2.0.
Losi does not need more mantinence than any car. Any car should be maintained regularly to keep it in working condition. This applies to any buggy not just a losi.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry i dont speak fluently english

Sorry, yes when i talking about the transmission i talking about the gearbox and shaft. I know the mugen are very strong.

So in conclusion, the 8 2.0 is one of the best buggy.

The shock are big bore or i need to replace it ?
Old 02-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
IMO the losi 2.0 and D8 arent even in the same genra. There are so many things you have to add to the D8 to get it to the point where it is truly competitive. Just look at Hara's D8. Not much on that car was origional D8 matterial. Then look at Mike Truhe's TQ and second place car. All stock losi equipment. Of coarse he had option parts but nothing that changed the way the buggy handled. Hara had all kinds of stuff, like shock towers and longer shocks and lightened parts all over the place. Don't get me wrong the D8 is a great buggy for the price but it is NOT on par with the losi and the mugen and the xray. I would say the same thing about the assiated RC8. There is way too much stuff that needs to be done to it, including finding some other fuel tank to fit it as there stock tanks are junk, even the new version ones. It requires a truggy rear tower and big bore shocks. not worth it. Now as for the losi. I own one and love it. So yes I am going to be biased in it's direction, but I truly believe it is the best buggy on the market. I thought the 8ight 1.0 was the best and then all of a sudden they throw out the 2.0. And they made a huge improvement. All the durability issues the 1.0 had have been fixed on the 2.0. It has the tft chassis stock. With the 2mm longer chassis it is alot more stable than the 1.0 was. It is really a dream to drive. It has incredible accelleration, steering and jumping. So if it were me I would go with the losi 2.0.

I'll agree with you to a point. The Losi 9ine and the Hotbodies D8 aren't in the same league. I prefered the way the Losi drove. Higher quality tech to.

Side by side the Losi is clearly superior to the D8. But then again it costs more also.

But the Hot bodies car is completly competitive at the highest levels. Its on par wear wise with the Rc8 and Losi (thats not really a complement) It deos drive different though. If your track is open and flowing and there aren't real hard to clear jumps I'd go with the D8.

I disagree with it needing Mods. A box stock D8 made the Amain at the worlds. Thats plenty fast for me. I saw lots of nearly stock cars in the pics of the worlds. Kyosho, Losi, Hotbodies, Mugen had lots of cars there near stock. Not much needs fixing on Mugen, Kyosho,Xray though.

Hara is all about perfecting the car. Its his art. Give a perfect car and he'll still change stuff. Just because he changed the car deosn't mean he needed to. Besides all his mods are available. Was Truhe runnig smart diffs? (thats a significant mod)

Losi vs. Hotbodies, comes down to price. You can get 2 D8's for the price of the Losi 9ine 2.0. While the Losi 8 1.0 is the same price as the D8 now.

Its unfair to compare a $600 2.0 to a 320 D8. For 600 you can get a Mugen or an Xray. Skip the RC8, its fast but wears quick.

I'd go Mugen or Xray because the extra durability deos pay off. But between the two you mention. Losi
Old 02-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Sorry i dont speak fluently english

Sorry, yes when i talking about the transmission i talking about the gearbox and shaft. I know the mugen are very strong.

So in conclusion, the 8 2.0 is one of the best buggy.

The shock are big bore or i need to replace it ?
Yes the losi has big bores stock.

Also the drivetrain is solid.

Zerodefect- Yes I agree, but I also don't like that hara was driving a highly modified car, a week after the car came out. To me that means they rushed to get the kits out and didn't spend enough time designing and testing.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

But, i m not sure to understand,

The Losi 8, MBX6, D8 and other car raced hightly modified during the world?

Or any car raced with stock spec ?
Old 02-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
I'll agree with you to a point. The Losi 9ine and the Hotbodies D8 aren't in the same league. I prefered the way the Losi drove. Higher quality tech to.

Side by side the Losi is clearly superior to the D8. But then again it costs more also.

But the Hot bodies car is completly competitive at the highest levels. Its on par wear wise with the Rc8 and Losi (thats not really a complement) It deos drive different though. If your track is open and flowing and there aren't real hard to clear jumps I'd go with the D8.

I disagree with it needing Mods. A box stock D8 made the Amain at the worlds. Thats plenty fast for me. I saw lots of nearly stock cars in the pics of the worlds. Kyosho, Losi, Hotbodies, Mugen had lots of cars there near stock. Not much needs fixing on Mugen, Kyosho,Xray though.

Hara is all about perfecting the car. Its his art. Give a perfect car and he'll still change stuff. Just because he changed the car deosn't mean he needed to. Besides all his mods are available. Was Truhe runnig smart diffs? (thats a significant mod)

Losi vs. Hotbodies, comes down to price. You can get 2 D8's for the price of the Losi 9ine 2.0. While the Losi 8 1.0 is the same price as the D8 now.

Its unfair to compare a $600 2.0 to a 320 D8. For 600 you can get a Mugen or an Xray. Skip the RC8, its fast but wears quick.

I'd go Mugen or Xray because the extra durability deos pay off. But between the two you mention. Losi
prices from crc.......

losi 2.0 529

mbx-6 514

d8 369

that is before any discount codes.......so not quite an extra car there.....maybee half of one, from what ive seen in person you may need it.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.