R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-13-2009, 12:53 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffa164 View Post
Zerodefect, you are right... that Xray website is a brainwash machine.

rearview, thanks for the advice. By the way.. sorry for the typo... i am Italian and english is not my primary language.

The new Xray 809 sells itself, but whoever deos marketing for Xray needs a raise. Its hard not to buy one of thier cars after reading that site. Although all they're doing is pointing out what makes thier car better. It deos have a lot of extra thought put into its desighn.

I went to Kyoshos site to learn about thier new onroad car, all I got was a tiny picture and 1 paragraph stating that: Its cool buy it. Pretty weak.

I'm an Xray fanboy now...minus well make it official. Hopefully they come out with an Onroad 1/8th scale car.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #32
Tech Adept

100% TRUE

That site really helps in making a decision. I was decided almost 95% for Mugen, then i started digging more on Xray´s site and it really helps to know better how the car is constructed and to see as many pictures as possible. I was so decided for Mugen and just two days ago everything changed to Xray.

I was decided to place the order on Amain and when i searched for it, it was gone... they are not selling it anymore because 2009 version is coming soon. When??? They dont know... How much??? they dont know. I guess i will have to whait a few more days. Thank good i didnt buy it the day before!!!!

Lucky2, In what way is Mugen over rated?

Kyosho... i already heard a lot that parts brake and overpriced... just my opinion.
Alffa164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #33
Tech Adept

By the way, Amain has "only one unit left" (thats what i was told) of the "old" version. Price droped more than hundred bucks... from 642.99 to 529.99 + an extra discount of $25 off with the coupon code for orders over 250.00.

Nice hugh!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #34
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to lucky2
Default 808 mbx6

quality not the same as other mugen cars not as stable i was disappointed with it and now there r over twenty running changes
on the newer car from first run
lucky2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #35
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
By the way, Amain has "only one unit left" (thats what i was told) of the "old" version. Price droped more than hundred bucks... from 642.99 to 529.99 + an extra discount of $25 off with the coupon code for orders over 250.00.

Nice hugh!!!
Not really, when you consider the prices for the 2009 spec parts. They aren't out yet but you can make some educated estimates based on existing part pricing:

6.00 Bearings
13.75 Front bulkhead
13.75 Rear bulkhead
9.25 Alum collar
4.75 Body mount
37.50 Body
36.50 Servo saver
27.25 Tank
10.00 Ball joints (conservative estimate)
30.00 Shock boot parts (conservative estimate)
20.00 Air filter & case

This totals 208.75. Kit retails for 650ish.

So this kit's value is about $440. Not to say that they can't get more for it, but this is how I look at it.

The value will drop significantly when the new kit is fully distributed.
Banter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #36
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Buy it! You can upgrade to the 2009 version a little at a time, start with the bulhead spacers and the shock boots!
Old 02-13-2009, 03:10 PM   #37
Tech Adept

lucky2, do you have any idea what are those changes you mean or where you refering to changes from first run to actual "updated" version? Is the "updated" version going to be updated once again?

Damm, you see... this is what make a decision kind of dificult. Once you are decided for any you start hearing about new upcoming updates and changes.

The good and the bad at the same time. hahah
Old 02-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #38
Tech Regular

Quote:
lucky2, do you have any idea what are those changes you mean or where you refering to changes from first run to actual "updated" version? Is the "updated" version going to be updated once again?

Damm, you see... this is what make a decision kind of dificult. Once you are decided for any you start hearing about new upcoming updates and changes.

The good and the bad at the same time. hahah
there r over twenty running changes on the mbx6 i believe most r on cars with the three body wraps, diff cups upper f arms lower f arms and so on

dude stick with the xray u wont b dissappointed i heard that the french version three is already available with all the upgrades so check it out ive seen already it advertised. anyway the only piece that really matters is the bearing spacer order car order spacers and build it, it will b the best car u have ever built. and u wont b dissappointed. just so u know i had three v1 losi, mugen prospec x2,mbx5r x2, mbx6 and 808 x 3.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #39
Tech Adept

hahahahah... it looks like you developed Xrays website!!! I thought only their website was a brainwasher.

OK, so i just have to wait until the latest version is available? I will follow your advice... is it really smart to get the old version at amain and get the extra parts that you say?

Thats what i needed... the opinion from someone who ownes both cars and as!!! Wow... you have 3 x 808? Why? hahahah.

thanks!
Old 02-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

+ 100

Go with the Xray, you won't be disapointed. Even if you get a good deal on the old version, you won't notice what your missing. I have the orriginal, and I just plan on buying the bearing spacers/ fuel tank/ and the lower shock caps and boots.

Rocco from RC America said that Xray is getting better at distributing new Xray products. and since it's not an entirely new kit, it won't take long to get kits out. It's a possibility that the new kits will be out late feb, or early March.
Don't quote me on that though.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:41 PM   #41
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=Alffa164;5428605]hahahahah... it looks like you developed Xrays website!!! I thought only their website was a brainwasher.

OK, so i just have to wait until the latest version is available? I will follow your advice... is it really smart to get the old version at amain and get the extra parts that you say?

Thats what i needed... the opinion from someone who ownes both cars and as!!! Wow... you have 3 x 808? Why? hahahah.

used one up built new one and one spare in closet just waiting

mbx6 thread teeforb page 79 tony posted all updated mugen parts

Last edited by lucky2; 02-13-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:49 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro View Post
+ 100

Go with the Xray, you won't be disapointed. Even if you get a good deal on the old version, you won't notice what your missing. I have the orriginal, and I just plan on buying the bearing spacers/ fuel tank/ and the lower shock caps and boots.

Rocco from RC America said that Xray is getting better at distributing new Xray products. and since it's not an entirely new kit, it won't take long to get kits out. It's a possibility that the new kits will be out late feb, or early March.
Don't quote me on that though.
forget tank go with d8 tank and five mm spacer under tank kyosho accordian boots fit and dont pull off. now all we need is spacer amain.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:59 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2 View Post
i would go with the 808 great all around car. just my two cents, d8 has drive shaft problems my buddy been through four pairs all breaking right before pins.
mbx6 over rated. kyosho bad front end weak . stick with 808
slander!!! 2gallons through mine...zero breakage!!
i love my D8 and she loves me lol
JQ Racing THE USA Team
;=- ----D BAng
Kyosho Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:22 AM   #44
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to Merciless

I believe the later 808 kits have virtually all the updates "in the box". I bought mine right in front of christmas, I believe I have all the updated parts barring :

Shock boots and caps
Revised Air Filter set-up
New Body

If I coulda picked up my kit of Amain for the sorta discount you guys are talking, I'd be doing it again for sure

808 is an awesome piece of kit, only ran mine for a little over 5mins on track so far as my circuit is in the middle of a major overhaul. But what can I say, coming from a Losi it lacks a tad of steering both on and off power, but thats all in the set-up. What amazed me is just how much more composed it is and more settled, simply amazing. I think I'd be faster with the 808 as is, But being as I hadn't made any set-up adjustments at that point I feel there's so much more ability in the buggy to explore

Quality wise. Xray's in there own league. Mugen is good, haven't had a Kyosho. Losi well i'm sorry but it appears to be made on a tight budget and for me was akin to swiss cheese. Great on track I really liked it, But It felt like i needed my own parts truck, nothing broke just play gets into EVERYTHING so damn fast.

Rod
Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:54 AM   #45
Tech Regular

Default slander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosho Kid View Post
slander!!! 2gallons through mine...zero breakage!!
i love my D8 and she loves me lol
only slander if its made up its my buddies car d8=broken drive shafts