Community
Wiki Posts
Search

xray 809?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Tech Rookie

The only thing i can see that is similar on the losi to the xray is the spindles, and if you noticed there's a couple of companies with that style now. And the geometry is totally different, and i measured them to make sure. The chassis layout on the xray is way different. But i can see where you think they look similar but side by side its definately different and xrays quality and technology is the best.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Maybe I should be more difinitive when I say different,like rear hubs.X-RAYs are very similar to losi,& mugen,kyosho,jammin,hot bodies,& pretty much every car sold as theres not alot that can be done in those confines. The big difference I talk about are things like spacers used between hub & arms. There is 4mm of spacers used in the 808,that = less adjustment than losi but also = pins that dont bend on the first drive.If you discard the spacers you can use real(8x16)bearings on the diff out drive & they dont move & damage diff gears.Akerman plates that work totally differenly. Those are the small things you dont see that I'm talkin about that are not as obvious as the wrong sided diff gear & totally different radio tray.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

JamminKrazy...im givin up...some guys just don't get it.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I didn't deny the similarities between the Losi and the 808. I think it's plain as day and night how close the front A-arms/C-hubs/and Spindles are. But It's funny how different these two cars drive. I just think the weight balance is better distributed on the 808. And the suspension geometry is totally different.

Go to Neo buggy and you will see that the Odonnell buggy is now more like the Losi than a Kyosho It's even more losi like than the 808. The D8 is also in the same category

See what I'm doing here , i'm deflecting this topic from the 808 is like a losi, to the ZO1B is like a losi!

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news/
Old 02-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
JamminKrazy...im givin up...some guys just don't get it.
Yep me too. Some people really don't get it. The whole front end of the 808 is copied and that is simple to see. I would go so far as to say the front arms would be compatile with the losi. Its simple really, the 808 parts are almost identical and it came out after losi did, thus it is a copy. The resembelence between the two is uncanny to the point that it has to be copied by one of the parties. the later release was the xray, thus they are the ones who copied. All the evidence is there. I don't blame them for copying at all. Losi completely redesigned the 1/8 buggy with great success. It was only a matter of time for someone to copy them. I just didn't think it would be xray because I thought they had more design engineuity than that. The 808 is a losi copy in the same way that the odonnell buggy (the current version, not the new prototype) is a kyosho copy as is the jammin x1 buggy. So now that I got that out I am done.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

What? your not done, this is a forum, Ain't no one ever done.

I get it, you like Losi I like Xray. I can argue till I'm blue in the face, because I know what I feel and I'm pssionate about it. You guys are the same way, the only way to prove it is on the track.

Later, Time to go to another thread and get blue in the face all over again.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
What? your not done, this is a forum, Ain't no one ever done.

I get it, you like Losi I like Xray. I can argue till I'm blue in the face, because I know what I feel and I'm pssionate about it. You guys are the same way, the only way to prove it is on the track.

Later, Time to go to another thread and get blue in the face all over again.
Ok i'm not done. Its not because I like Losi. Its just obvious to me. I really don't mind it but its the truth. they copied.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Heck yes, Xray used some of Losi's ideas, but at least we were the first to do it! LOL! (I think thats why we catch so much flack from the forum complainers) And I am glad they did use some of those ideas!

The problems us Xray drivers have with people always saying that the 808 is just an 8ight copy is that Xray didn't just xerox the 8ight and put their name on it. Xray took 2 Losi elements (zero kingpin and big bores) of that were really great and added them to their car. Nothing else on the car comes from Losi specifically. All the other design changes were changes that every new car strives for: lower weight and mass centralization.

So, the Xray was certainly inspired by the 8ight in a big way, but that is a great thing, because if they wouldn't have used some of the ideas from the 8ight the 808 wouldn't be as fast as it is. Xray took buggy design one step higher yet with the 808.

Plus the 808 is better than the 8ight!
Old 02-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WheelNut
Heck yes, Xray used some of Losi's ideas, but at least we were the first to do it! LOL! (I think thats why we catch so much flack from the forum complainers) And I am glad they did use some of those ideas!

The problems us Xray drivers have with people always saying that the 808 is just an 8ight copy is that Xray didn't just xerox the 8ight and put their name on it. Xray took 2 Losi elements (zero kingpin and big bores) of that were really great and added them to their car. Nothing else on the car comes from Losi specifically. All the other design changes were changes that every new car strives for: lower weight and mass centralization.

So, the Xray was certainly inspired by the 8ight in a big way, but that is a great thing, because if they wouldn't have used some of the ideas from the 8ight the 808 wouldn't be as fast as it is. Xray took buggy design one step higher yet with the 808.

Plus the 808 is better than the 8ight!
Well said Mr Comis. Now if only I could get the new truggy for winternats I would be totally satisfied with Xray!
Old 02-12-2009, 03:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I cant belive this retarded thread is 2 pages already. What a waste!
Old 02-12-2009, 03:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ford vs Chevy - Boeing vs AirBus - Duke vs NC State - My Mom vs Your Mom.This could go on forever. but or
Old 02-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
Ok i'm not done. Its not because I like Losi. Its just obvious to me. I really don't mind it but its the truth. they copied.
I'm pretty new in racing but truth is I have been around it for many years. When the time came for me to purchase a kit I looked around on all the threads at what was said, I looked at what company had the largest team, the team with the most decorated season of results, what team helped the most on various forums, who had the better customer support, and in general what buggy as far as the "people" are concerned was the most popular. Although not in any way am I saying the 808 is not a great buggy I just think numbers do not lie. I chose the Losi brand. I think most will agree that by far losi is a much more popular kit worldwide(100% in the USA). I "personally" feel that Team Losi has much better resources, by resources I mean much more knowledge behind them for setups, etc...all the things listed above I feel trickle down to the consumer and show in results from the local, regional, and all the way to the national level.

With that said I truly believe the 808 is a great car. I think if you look at the overall picture you lack again...resources, feedback, team support, customer service, etc that you get with Losi.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

Did someone say Ford copied my 808??? Why I outta
Old 02-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savagebeing
Did someone say Ford copied my 808??? Why I outta
That my friend isnt true.. Take the Mustang for instance.. quick, yes.. fast, yes.. but if it took a copy of the 808 it would also have cat like moves and have a nimble being in the corners.. but no it still turns in the corners like a rock truck and has the handling abilitys of a wounded buffalo (very similar to the 8ight)
Old 02-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Well, I heard that the Losi 8ight lied to Congress about using steroids...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.