R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-12-2009, 11:16 AM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFriery View Post
Integra - i like how you assume proline tires are "crap" at his track without ever being there

from personal experience proline Tires themselves are poor quality the lugs tend to tear at the base ..they dont last anywhere near as long as their competitor...the foams...well...do i really need to rant about those.. either way proline imo Lacks big time...and that's my opinion...I don't need to physically be and or see the track to make the assumption proline is Junk...I know they are.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #17
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
The bowfighter combo has been working well at the Pit for awhile...Make sure you balance them..truggy tires (especially Prolines) are usually way out of balance..Good luck
how do i balance them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertbird View Post
When the track blue grooves you're going to want a smaller softer pin, I'd get a set of m3 hole shots or similiar to run when it's dry and grooved out.
i like hole shots but they dont last long. i have a set of my buggy but i save them for really wet conditions. i just got the 2.0 truggy and im short on cash so 1 set of tires will have to do

Quote:
Unfortunately the answer to your question is : your going to need muliple tires most likely.

m3 bow fighters should work in most conditions fairly well though, if you only want to buy one set.

if i had the money mike youd be right, i would have 5 sets lol but im not sponsored so its hard especially with truggy when its 80 a set
Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
from personal experience proline Tires themselves are poor quality the lugs tend to tear at the base ..they dont last anywhere near as long as their competitor...the foams...well...do i really need to rant about those.. either way proline imo Lacks big time...and that's my opinion...I don't need to physically be and or see the track to make the assumption proline is Junk...I know they are.
the only issue i have is the foams. but they last long enough for me, but i also make sure water doesnt get in the rim. my old tires i have on my truggy have a good month in a half to two months and they still are fine. i got first in my class last weekend with them.....

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Ah how i love these forums. Run whatever tires you want, but @ the nitropit, youll be hard pressed to find a tire that works better than m3 bowties on wet track on a losi car..

and Red eclipse/ebt on dry track

Just remember,

you dont stand a chance at the dance without a bowtie.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:24 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

I too am looking for a set of outdoor tires to get this year. The track I go to is I guess you would say hard pack with some loose dusting on top. I have seen the video from the nitro pit and it is similar to that track.

What do you all think about the proline revolvers? I am kinda stuck between getting them or a set of aka citi blocks or i beams.
robzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Here is video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a3TRqA8HOg
robzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #21
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
how do i balance them?

i like hole shots but they dont last long. i have a set of my buggy but i save them for really wet conditions. i just got the 2.0 truggy and im short on cash so 1 set of tires will have to do

if i had the money mike youd be right, i would have 5 sets lol but im not sponsored so its hard especially with truggy when its 80 a set

the only issue i have is the foams. but they last long enough for me, but i also make sure water doesnt get in the rim. my old tires i have on my truggy have a good month in a half to two months and they still are fine. i got first in my class last weekend with them.....
Balance with Clay, or Lead tape..but you need a tire balancer machine..you should borrow one for the race if you dont have one..its really hard to tell where to put the weight without a balancing machine...As far as the tires go..any soft compound will wear quickly on a blue groove track..Chances are 1 set of tires may not get you through quals and Mains, but there are lots of people there who will have a ton of extra tires (think Tony Veno) if you get in a pinch I am sure someone will hook you up..PM me if you want a brand new set of Bow/fighters M3 for $50..still in package LPR rims and tires..I just sold my Truggy
Old 02-12-2009, 01:21 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

robbz n a losi car, i dislike revolvers very much. The running joke around the pits is they are called revolvers becuase they make you wanna shoot yourself.

I've seen them do very well on jammin and kyosho cars though, so it may be a vehicle thing.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:07 AM   #23
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Balance with Clay, or Lead tape..but you need a tire balancer machine..you should borrow one for the race if you dont have one..its really hard to tell where to put the weight without a balancing machine...As far as the tires go..any soft compound will wear quickly on a blue groove track..Chances are 1 set of tires may not get you through quals and Mains, but there are lots of people there who will have a ton of extra tires (think Tony Veno) if you get in a pinch I am sure someone will hook you up..PM me if you want a brand new set of Bow/fighters M3 for $50..still in package LPR rims and tires..I just sold my Truggy

what kind of rim? i have the 2.0 truggy so i need 0 offset. and i have the losi xxt and my bow fighters so ill be fine for the n.c

Quote:
Ah how i love these forums. Run whatever tires you want, but @ the nitropit, youll be hard pressed to find a tire that works better than m3 bowties on wet track on a losi car..

and Red eclipse/ebt on dry track

Just remember,

you dont stand a chance at the dance without a bowtie.

i love bowties mike. thats what i was runnin on my buggy 80% of the time

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:08 PM   #24
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

0 offset..what does your XXXT have to do with the tires?
Old 02-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
0 offset..what does your XXXT have to do with the tires?
Arnt the xxt's losi's stock truggy tires?

Sorry if im wrong