Wiki Posts
Search

8ight rtr vs. Jammin rtr

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 8ight rtr vs. Jammin rtr

I know that most people love the 8ight rtr and I like mine but how would a jammin x2 rtr compare to it? What radio comes with it and how is the engine?
Old 02-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

is this the Jammin you are talking about? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/33276

If so, the 8 rtr would be a much better deal. That jammin is $570 while the 8 rtr is $400, adn with the 8 you get a dx2.0, mach 427 engine, and the ability to upgrade to kit parts. I really do not see an upside to the jammin besdies it is in a different class.

Do yourself a favor and get the pro kit this time though!
Old 02-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

lol ya but I wish they had a buggy race roller
Old 02-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Also I am drawn to buying new now due to my bad time buying used so if I get enough for the pro kit I will get it but if not would you think a rtr with ace servo would do fine? I just want something I know is going to run right and not require so much work and can be upgraded.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Also I am drawn to buying new now due to my bad time buying used so if I get enough for the pro kit I will get it but if not would you think a rtr with ace servo would do fine? I just want something I know is going to run right and not require so much work and can be upgraded.
The 8ight is a fun car to drive, a bit on the edgy side. The Mach427, although not "class legal" for buggy racing, is THE best RTR motor made IMHO. I'm not sure about the specs on the Spektrum DX2.0, but if it has exponential (and I think it does) then it should be a perfectly adequate radio. The only "questionable" area in that case is servos... no RTR comes with really decent servos, so plan to spend about $200 in the reasonably near future to upgrade that.

Now look at it this way: $600 for pretty much top-notch equipment. Tough to beat that. Yes, there are a few things to upgrade later- put a regular backplate on the motor and use a "bump box" but what it comes with is fine for now.

And when I say that is the best RTR motor... it is essentially the same as the Sporkwerks .26 V2, which is a GREAT motor for a truggy even if you aren't getting an RTR. I've bought one before, I DID blow it up being an idiot, but that's not the motor's fault. Very reliable, very easy to tune, very easy break in, and gobs of power. The only reason I don't call it a great buggy motor is that it is too big to be class legal.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

so if I were ti get the rtr 8ight b I would not be able to race in the buggy class?
Old 02-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

so if I were ti get the rtr 8ight b I would not be able to race in the buggy class?

99.999% of clubs allow any rtr motor in club races.

i "hear" losi was doing away with 1.0 rtr thats why the price is dropping.....
and will be relasing a 2.0 with the silver GRP.....if they put any decnt servos in it that would be a nice rtr......i imaginge it would be pretty pricey.....7-8 bills?
Old 02-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Not in a big race that is regulated you wouldn't. But for normal club races most likely they would let you run. Most tracks understand that if it is an rtr it can have a big engine. they just don't want people going around, putting top of the line .28's in thier buggies. Kinda silly to do that anyway because .21's are much better for buggy and truggy. much better fuel milage.

As for what to get I would go pro kit. The RTR's are very nice but you need to upgrade too much especially with the deal on either pro car right now. You are already gonna have to plan to put servos in, and if you are getting a buggy you will definately want a .21 engine. Just makes more sense to get the pro kit or roller. I also believe you already have a dx2 right? so all you would need is a second reciever. the dx2 has atleast 2 model memories. so you can run both of your cars off of that one radio.

As for wanting a race roller buggy, most people hate losi's race rollers. If you really want to learn how a car works and learn how to take care of it you have to build it. Building my first pro rc car was the best learning experience I have had in this hobby. I'm sure you will do fine building it. just follow all the instructions and addendums and you will be golden.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

ok thanks. I am clearing out shop right now so I'm not sure I will have the dx2 radio. Can someone possibly give me a shopping cart at main keeping it at around 700 bucks with the 8ight competition kit.

How about this:

Losi competition kit. 320
dynamite o86 pipe. 50
ace 1015 servo for steering. 90
I have a jrz650 I would use for throttle.
Hopefully My spektrum dx2
Nova n21bf .21 motor. 150
I also see many bump boxes on line for around 55.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

ok thanks. I am clearing out shop right now so I'm not sure I will have the dx2 radio. Can someone possibly give me a shopping cart at main keeping it at around 700 bucks with the 8ight competition kit.

How about this:

Losi competition kit. 320
dynamite o86 pipe. 50
ace 1015 servo for steering. 90
I have a jrz650 I would use for throttle.
Hopefully My spektrum dx2
Nova n21bf .21 motor. 150
I also see many bump boxes on line for around 55.
That sounds pretty good. There are other little things you will need like a switch and batteries and paint for the body etc. but that covers the main stuff. if you sign up for the newsletter on amain you can get $25 off coupons.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ya I hve one of the 25 off coupons and I have a receiver pack. They dont include a switch with it?
Old 02-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the switch should come with the radio.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Ya I hve one of the 25 off coupons and I have a receiver pack. They dont include a switch with it?
No, most pro cars don't include a switch. You may get one with your radio but it probably won't have a charge plug. I usually use JR or Airtronics switches. Hitec switches are a tight fit in the losi. JR are probably the smallest and one of the best.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

ok so hopefully I can get around 700 for everything I'm selling and can do this. Once I get the money I'm gonna spend I wil shop around on the f/s thread and see if I can get a cheap starter box and stuff.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you dont want to sell your dx2, just say that the 8ight-t doesnt coem with a radio/receiver and drop the price. I doubt your going to get $400 on a used 8t rtr and non name servos anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.