Wiki Posts
Search

Losi stater box motor died

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Losi stater box motor died

What motor should I replace it with. I was happy I guess with what was in there stock. I had a 14.4 lipo pushing it.

I tried breaking in my new speed motor, and the piston just kept locking up. And I guess I smoked the motor. I pulled the motor out.

How do you get the pinion off the stock motors ??????

I have some old stock slash motors. They are not up to racing ( its more like bashing with xponders) anymore, but I thing they might be just fine.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default motors

just call Horizon and they will give you new motors but they will blow with the Lipo. Every one I know that runs the Losi box blows the motors, Alot of people end up with Ofna motors in the box.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie
just call Horizon and they will give you new motors but they will blow with the Lipo. Every one I know that runs the Losi box blows the motors, Alot of people end up with Ofna motors in the box.

Stocker's on lipo will last just fine...as long as your not stalling them or trying to start it backwards or something as such a N00b pitman might do.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

I guess me and every one I know that has the Losi box are noob? You run Lipo and Try to Break in a new Race motor with a losi box with out pre heating your motor or even with pre heating your motor and the stock motors will blow. Even Horizon knows there is a problem thats why they dont ask any questions when you call for new motors.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I guess me and every one I know that has the Losi box are noob?

Did i say you were ?...i don't think so...so chill.

i know many of guys who have broken in new Tight race motors with out issues.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:36 AM
Tech Master

IMO, i would just dump it and get the ofna truggy starter box
Old 02-07-2009, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The stock motors in my Losi box lasted over 18 months, and this last year it ran off the Losi 14.4v Lipo pack. I lost count of the number of Dynamite, GRP, and OS engines it broke in, my own motors and numerous other guys' here. Never had to heat up an engine to break in...

You can not push down and hold with this box, and you really shouldnt with any box anyways. Guaranteed to burn up the motors. I just bounce mine off the wheel quickly about 5-10 times, and they fire right up.

If your engine is new and has too much pinch, you should be loosening the plug and let it spin with no pressure. It does no good to put the ignitor on the plug, and press down and hold for 13.5 minutes, and let it just turn over without firing. If the engine doesn't fire right away, something is set incorrectly.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I guess me and every one I know that has the Losi box are noob? You run Lipo and Try to Break in a new Race motor with a losi box with out pre heating your motor or even with pre heating your motor and the stock motors will blow. Even Horizon knows there is a problem thats why they dont ask any questions when you call for new motors.
of course Marcus, your the biggest noob i know HAHA jk..... ive went thru 2 sets of motors..... horizion sent me new motors both times with no questions. i asked them why they dont fix the motors and they said there isnt a problem with them but o well... ive been on my 3rd set for a while now but i can tell they dont have as much omph as they used to. im runnin lipo too btw,
Old 02-07-2009, 03:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Nothing wrong with Losi box, you do need to re-wire it if you're using LIPO though.

Here are the pinions. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16166

Here's my overhaul thread.. http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...-overhaul.html
Old 02-07-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

i also know that some guys r pyttin traxxas titan motors in. the 21 trun motors. not sure of the part #.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pballer2777
i also know that some guys r pyttin traxxas titan motors in. the 21 trun motors. not sure of the part #.
titans+re-wire w/lipo=bomb box!