Community
Wiki Posts
Search

whats wrong with my truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default whats wrong with my truck

hello i have a question i have just recently bought a pair of savage x rtrs monster trucks they had not been driven in 8 months so they have been sitting for a while i am trying to get them running to no evail lol today though i noticed when i was trying to start it there were bubbles in the fuel like the line comming from the gas tank to the carb and no fuel was being pushed through there to the carb what would cause this problem and how can i fix it would like carb cleaner do the job is the carb just gummed up please help i cant wait to use these trucks
Old 02-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sounds like the lines may be backwards........one should go from the pipe to the cap on the tank, and the other to the carb......

....if that ist the problem leave it all hooked up, pull off the carb end of the line try to start the truck, make shure fuel is comming out of the line and getting to the carb.......

.......then if that isnt it the carb could be gummed up....you will have to pull the motor off and take apart the carb and clean the needles......carb cleaner will work.....but there are some o-rings in the carb and some stuff will mess them up......

you should be able to download the manuals on the HPI web site....
Old 02-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Rookie

Default thx

thank you man yeah i pulled the line off the carb and tried to start it and nothing was comming out of the end of the line so i think it was that the carb is gummed up so u said carb cleaner will damage the o rings in the carb so it would be better to take the carb off and clean it myself
Old 02-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

......carb and choke cleaner will work but it is a little hard on the o-rings.....

i would try to find the manual before you start, there are a lot of small parts....
Old 02-06-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

You could just have your idle messed up. Try adjusting those too. My truck wasn't sucking gas either and I went to the hobby shop to buy parts and also brought my truck and asked the guy if he knew why it wouldn't be sucking fuel and he just adjusted the idle and the adjustment on the carb and it sucked fuel now it fires right up.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

#1 - Find a local track. #2 - Find someone cool to talk to. #3 - Buy 'em some beers and ask 'em to come over with their tools and get you going. #4 - The big one - Have fun!!!