R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #61
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
GRP is made by GRP not trinity nor Sirio. They're a single engine manufacturer.

Trinity engines are made by Sirio.
Grp also produce engines for several other companies

Falcon, Boss etc

they are a stand alone engine manufacturer and the company was co founded by Mario Rossi as in Novarossi

offroaders get more jumps and like it rougher!
RETRO RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:14 PM   #62
Tech Rookie

1) as long as i don't lean it out...much...set my end points to 75%...set my throttle exp to say 65%...run on pavement (so no load).....take one complete year on break in (and i use my break in method not anyones elses)....i shouldn't toast it right ?

2) I've heard bad things about those brands too...

3) i'm sure their warranty is as good as any other warranty....

assembly of my innovative/king headz/speed .21 crt is complete but i still have to put it on the setup board....i probably wont run it till april or may...in the mean time i am practising with my so-so stocker...i'm currently trying to decide if i want a .12 or .18 in my crt .5.....i found an eb mod .18tz..but i'm afraid it might twist the dog bones or be so wickedly torquey that it would be pretty much uncontrollable on dirt....i still need to (for the umteenth time) finish re-assembling my shelf queen savage...i might have found my pit man - the jobs still available if anyones interested....i'm still looking for pieces of my original crt that was run over by an 18'er...which is kind of ironic as i drive 18ers....i'm taking back a cr and hyper that i gave to a friend...he's not interested...and my new pit man is...i might be a newbie but i learn quick...this hobby is a money pit....ahggg,...
snmsnmsnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:27 PM   #63
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i tired the cheap way also had two go 5 ports. a .25 and a 3 port race. the materials are not up to snuff plain and simple.

JESUS SAVES, WESLEY
r1harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:41 AM   #64
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactoryTeam08 View Post
I thought we agree'd that run in did not kill motors but dirt killed motors or was it JPAlessi, I cant remember...
Yeah thats what I thought too!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 05:51 AM   #65
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Alberico Send a message via Yahoo to David Alberico

The OS Vspec is a good engine, but OS has bad QA, there is too much I've seen go wrong with the engine, the conrod bushing was loose or a bad bearing here or a issue here, same with the speed but with more quality parts you don't see it as often.

I was burned by buying a nova rossi on line, the engine felt ok when I got it, so I put it away and when I needed a back up the main bearing was bad....falling apart, it had already scratched the pistion and sleeve. If you are going to buy a used motor, buy it at the track or locally so you can look at it before you buy