R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
People will keep selling used engines if people are willing to buy them. I wouldn't buy used unless it was from one of our local racers that I knew. But even then, why buy a used one? Better spending a bit more dosh on a new one just so you are certain of the history.
I thought we agree'd that run in did not kill motors but dirt killed motors or was it JPAlessi, I cant remember...
Old 02-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #17
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

my engines are what i say they are i think people are expecting a little more plug and play from the engines and just dont fully understand what it takes to make the engine a race mill worthy enough to run for 45min straight while giving you the best performance . people say " it keeps flaming out" , there is a reason i am sure lack of tuning knowledge and experience to fix the problem are but a few of the reasons . when you purchase from houstons engine service , you get exactly what i say in the condition i say it is in with great customer service and no BS

monty
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:59 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
my engines are what i say they are when you purchase from houstons engine service , you get exactly what i say in the condition i say it is in with great customer service and no BS monty

I can say his Novarossi's are...........DIALED none faster in the NW that I've seen.

Oh,ya....I have one of his PLus 21's-nutty fast and w/ smooth powerband and he dialed in my 821 that I also have.

Buy this guys stuff w/ no worries
Old 02-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #19
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmax View Post
just Broke-in = 1 Gallon, 1 Gallon on it = 3 Gallons on it.
the rule of three!!! so true..

(what movie was that quote from?)

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I believe that was American Pie .....
Unsober1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:49 PM   #21
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsober1 View Post
I believe that was American Pie .....
you would be correct!!! American Pie 2..

when a man says he has ben with three women, it means one...
when a women says she has ben with only one man, it means three...

it's an exact science.......

“Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.”
jrwoodchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:56 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

but some guys are honest. very few but true

JESUS SAVES, WESLEY
r1harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:24 PM   #23
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
yes but a V-Spec gets nearly double the mileage as a mach.... comparing 10 gallons in a sport engine is equivalent to about 6 gallons on a V-Spec if you calculated actual run time....

NOT TRUE... well maybe lol.... im a good tuner and i was able to get my dads mach 427 to do 10 min... the mach 427 doesnt get the credit it deserves

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallot View Post
I would never buy used motor. People tend to lie about the engine mileage and you never know how the engine was broken it and ran.
it sucks that this is how people feel. i dont buy used either unless i personally know the guy and still i prob wouldnt. when i sell stuff i speak 100% honest. and i will stand by my word. i just wish others would do that same

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Its all about what you want, and what your willing to pay for. I have always been a big fan Of the Hyper .21 8 port engines. They last 10+ gallons, they are cheep as hell, and they always suited my needs. I have owned about 10 over my lifetime, but once I started racing at The Nitro Pit, they just didn't have enough power, so I was forced into the high dollar racing mills. I also would never buy used, unless its from someonbe you know and you can give it back for a refund if its bogus! But to say a $100 engine is just as good as a high dollar racing Mill is a little over the top.........
jaz, try go bud. i have a go .28 i can let you try for practice if you want. it worked well in my truggy at the pit and was gettin 8-10 on a tank. the one i would let u use i wouldnt use for a race. it caught fire and i havent ran it since. but compression is still there. go are good mills and are cheap

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
my engines are what i say they are i think people are expecting a little more plug and play from the engines and just dont fully understand what it takes to make the engine a race mill worthy enough to run for 45min straight while giving you the best performance . people say " it keeps flaming out" , there is a reason i am sure lack of tuning knowledge and experience to fix the problem are but a few of the reasons . when you purchase from houstons engine service , you get exactly what i say in the condition i say it is in with great customer service and no BS

sure houston sure....

when are you comin down for nitro challenge. i have a vspec i rebuildin due to a rod breakin and would like u do show me how its done right... but i wanna use this wednesday for practice to lol

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:50 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

All Dynamite, LRP and Mach engines are made by SH
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:42 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
it sucks that this is how people feel. i dont buy used either unless i personally know the guy and still i prob wouldnt. when i sell stuff i speak 100% honest. and i will stand by my word. i just wish others would do that same
agree but thats how it works. I even seen people selling burned out ESCs to someone in another part of the country claiming they work ok.
Sakura Zero S - LRP Quantum, Saturn 20T
KoPropo Eurus
wallot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 AM   #26
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:

jaz, try go bud. i have a go .28 i can let you try for practice if you want. it worked well in my truggy at the pit and was gettin 8-10 on a tank. the one i would let u use i wouldnt use for a race. it caught fire and i havent ran it since. but compression is still there. go are good mills and are cheap
I have been looking at them, Will loves his, but they are only $20 cheeper than the two Novarossi's I'm looking at. I think for the difference I would much rather have the new plus 4.. I am still trying to kill my V-spec, so I have some time left..A-main has the P5 on sale right now for $269!!
Old 02-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #27
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
I have been looking at them, Will loves his, but they are only $20 cheeper than the two Novarossi's I'm looking at. I think for the difference I would much rather have the new plus 4.. I am still trying to kill my V-spec, so I have some time left..A-main has the P5 on sale right now for $269!!
os got back to me yesterday tellin me they will replace the conrod that blew but they wont replace the piston or sleeve that the conrod messed up

so im puttin the speed piston and sleeve in there and when i get more money ill do the speed conrod as well. i wont go back with os ever again because of this. and its a shame because the engine preformed great

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:15 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Or you could get a Siim for $275!!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #29
Tech Lord

Quote:
os got back to me yesterday tellin me they will replace the conrod that blew but they wont replace the piston or sleeve that the conrod messed up

so im puttin the speed piston and sleeve in there and when i get more money ill do the speed conrod as well. i wont go back with os ever again because of this. and its a shame because the engine preformed great

and thats why i will not buy os again either! my v-spec came from the factory with a crack in it, and they would not replace it. i had to buy a new case, and while I was at it, I dropped in the TKO bearings so I wouldn't have the destined bearing failure in 2 gallons. I wont buy any OS based products again
Old 02-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #30
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Branch View Post
Or you could get a Siim for $275!!!!
Colin, if I can get a genuine Nova for less money..........sorry dude

Love my DLD's though