R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-04-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Hyper 7 Parts and Local Hobbyshops

While I was in Denver on business I decided to check out some local hobby shops to get some parts for a hyper 7. I went to three hobby shops and they all said sorry we dont stock or order any OFNA parts. Each hobby shop said that they dont stock parts because they are to hard to get from the distibutor. I had to revert to online for one freaking hex bolt that fell out which was my fault and that was tough. While online I decided to stock up on some extra parts and the only place that stock was nitrohouse. Alot of the parts I ordered were not shipped due to not being in stock.

I think I made a bad descion going with the hyper 7 when i could have waited and bought my son a losi 8 rtr for a diffrence of 100 dollars. I only have 4 tanks of fuel into the hyper 7 which 3 of those were break in tanks. I think i am going to cut my loses now and get hime the losi 8 and sell the hyper 7 cheap.

I am quickly learning that cutting costs will actually cost you more in the long run or in my case the short run.

By the way does anyone know of any good hobby shops in Denver. I went to one and the owner goes we only carry 1/10 and lower and only electric. I was like ok have a nice day. This was sad as there was an indoor and outdoor track at the store.

I am quickly finding out
Old 02-04-2009, 05:26 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think because of the mile high thing not to many nitro people are around there. Makes tuning a nightmare.
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:18 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The Duratrax Raze shares 90% of its parts with the Hyper 7

ARCS Hobbies / Paint Monster Airbrushing / BFast / Tonys Screws
badassrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:40 AM   #4
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Type Hyper 7 in ebay, and there are thousands of parts. people buy the kits and then sell em off for parts. I got a Chassis for $10 3 new diffs for $15.. not only are parts available, but they are cheep. I am sorry you are not happy with your choice, especially since I helped you pick it, dont forget most screws are universal as long as they are Metric/standard. you can get screws almost anywhere, bring one with you for reference, Hobbytown can order Ofna stuff
Old 02-04-2009, 04:17 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Type Hyper 7 in ebay, and there are thousands of parts. people buy the kits and then sell em off for parts. I got a Chassis for $10 3 new diffs for $15.. not only are parts available, but they are cheep. I am sorry you are not happy with your choice, especially since I helped you pick it, dont forget most screws are universal as long as they are Metric/standard. you can get screws almost anywhere, bring one with you for reference, Hobbytown can order Ofna stuff
JAZ you have been very supportive. Its not that I am not happy with my choice in fact I would rather have two diffrent manufactues so that my breath of knowledge continues to grow. I think I was mostly frustrated when trying to get the screws needed and didnt think about going to the hardware store.

Its my fault as I am comparing two diffrent manufactures and have had it quite easy with my losi. All in all this is good thing making me go crazy over the hyper as it teaches you to be patient. Its just another learning curve. I am going to stick with it untill i get it perfect.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Stop freakin out, its just an expensive toy, call me or text me if you need help, I would never let your little boy down. hell I might even have the part you need in one of my toolboxes. I owned 4 Hyper 7's. By the time we are done, you'll love the Hyper, I promise. Thread lock all screws that are Metal to metal, sometimes the factories dont do it, Vibration causes the screws to back out. Above all remember this is a hobby and its supposed to be fun, have patience, learn whats going on and enjoy the time with your boy racing around the street, yard, desert, etc.