Wiki Posts
Search

Need Expert Advice Nitro Traxxas T-Maxx

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Need Expert Advice Nitro Traxxas T-Maxx

Ok. This might sound kinda dumb but I'm new to the Nitro R/C Hobby. How exactly does the Nitro work. You need a battery for the steering.... glow plugs..Just 1 glow plug? Do I need more..??? What all do I need to purchase to keep this thing running. Tool Kit to work on it, Cleaners?? Oil? Lube? I just need a quick rundown how everything works. I know about engines, combustion and all that. I'm more worried about how the electronics are set up. The truck I got is a 2.5 T-Maxx with a 3.3 engine upgrade. It should be here in a couple of days and I want to get everything I need in advance. Thanks a lot in advance.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All of this is simpler than what you are making it to be. You need 12 AA batteries, 4 for the the truck and 8 for the transmitter and a charger to charge the hand held starter. Your gunna need fuel to drive it obviously, and you'll need your basic tool set. Few screw drivers with small tips, allen wrenchs, pliers, needle nose pliers. It litterally as simple as putting batteries in and flipping a switch and driving. Easiest way to clean it that i have found was to take the truck apart. Does 2 things for you... 1. Your able to clean everything and 2. When you take it apart it helps you understand more about the truck and were things go.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBoy84
Ok. This might sound kinda dumb but I'm new to the Nitro R/C Hobby. How exactly does the Nitro work. You need a battery for the steering.... glow plugs..Just 1 glow plug? Do I need more..??? What all do I need to purchase to keep this thing running. Tool Kit to work on it, Cleaners?? Oil? Lube? I just need a quick rundown how everything works. I know about engines, combustion and all that. I'm more worried about how the electronics are set up. The truck I got is a 2.5 T-Maxx with a 3.3 engine upgrade. It should be here in a couple of days and I want to get everything I need in advance. Thanks a lot in advance.

watch the video that comes with the maxx it tells you every thing you need
Old 02-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dieseldog20
All of this is simpler than what you are making it to be. You need 12 AA batteries, 4 for the the truck and 8 for the transmitter and a charger to charge the hand held starter. Your gunna need fuel to drive it obviously, and you'll need your basic tool set. Few screw drivers with small tips, allen wrenchs, pliers, needle nose pliers. It litterally as simple as putting batteries in and flipping a switch and driving. Easiest way to clean it that i have found was to take the truck apart. Does 2 things for you... 1. Your able to clean everything and 2. When you take it apart it helps you understand more about the truck and were things go.
The people at my LHS told me it was very difficult but didn't tell me anything I needed to know. You answered what seems like it all in about 7 lines. If it is that simple I shouldn't have any problems. My son is very excited and I just wanted to have everything here and ready so when it comes we are all set. The closest hobby shop is 42 miles away and that is a long drive with a kid who is ready to "play" lol. Thanks for the info even though I did make it sound kinda complicated. I've own a Plumbing company so Tools shouldn't be a problem lol. Thanks again for all your help!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TommyBoy84
The people at my LHS told me it was very difficult but didn't tell me anything I needed to know. You answered what seems like it all in about 7 lines. If it is that simple I shouldn't have any problems. My son is very excited and I just wanted to have everything here and ready so when it comes we are all set. The closest hobby shop is 42 miles away and that is a long drive with a kid who is ready to "play" lol. Thanks for the info even though I did make it sound kinda complicated. I've own a Plumbing company so Tools shouldn't be a problem lol. Thanks again for all your help!
PM me with any questions im pretty much a t-maxx expert!