R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblgjr View Post
From what I've observed, GoTech seems to let their quality control wander a bit...so some are ok, some are great and some are duds...

I sold quite a few in the last year with no problems. An inexperienced racer can make any brand motor look bad.

Rex
Fx Royal engines/ Maxy Engines
e-mail rwmods@yahoo.com Rex Welch
22Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:00 AM   #17
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wow! Thanks for the replies guys. Well for now, the Werks is out. Its down to the v spec and go motors.

For the v spec, after the 6 gallons or so, are we talking the motor is good enough to only go in the garbage or just needs a tune up? i.e. new bearings, rod, sleeve etc?

For the Go motors glad to hear the carb issue is pretty much resolved but I have heard a few comments about the quality control myself.

Keep the comments coming, thanks again!
sd2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:37 AM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

The Go motors, have a 28 and a 21 7 port, are good motors if they resolved the carb issues. its been over a year i guess they already did made the adjustment basing it from the thread i have read. I personally run OS VSPEC and yet to have a problem. Mine lost it pinch after two gallons but its still running great. Holds the tune very well. i have a standard Vspec, a Speed, EB mod VSPEC and a Power house Vspec. My favorite one is the PowerHouse race Port. Even better than the Speed.
oggietiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:35 AM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I appreciate everyones help and inputs, I made my choice and went am going with the EBM5 from ebmods. I know, it wasnt even one of my original considerations, but after reading the inputs here and reading through the go tech thread i found the ebm5 and decided to go with it. Thanks again!

http://www.ebmods.com/M5%20Press%20R...ine%20JPEG.jpg
sd2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Dude you are the man. That has all the bells and whistles of the Speed. With all the coated parts and that pretty head on it. It will be my next mill as long as I can afford it. Let us know what you think of it and if you have any Questions on run in PM me if you want I will help you if I can.

JR servos Hitec servos. Gens ace lipos KO radio.
malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:05 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Excellent choice of engines. I like my GO7 personally it runs nicely. Would like to get my hands on one of those EB GO's myself.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:02 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Old 02-07-2009, 12:55 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to David Day Send a message via MSN to David Day Send a message via Yahoo to David Day

Novarossi PX5 is amazing.. no problems whatsoever thus far, have had the motor for 6 months or more now, and still great compression and power, and no issues, YET******* haha
RC10GT - Snoopy #5x
Kyosho Inferno777 WC SP2
David Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:11 AM   #24
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

i say go with the new ninja jx.21. its made by os, the same people who make the v-spec. it has a .28 crankcase, its powerband is comparable to the OS speeds, and it has the same price tage is the V-spec.

just me 2 cents.
BCE Design
Bodies By Scott
Lungsford Titantium
M2C Racing
DriftProjectR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:52 AM   #25
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

your choice is your choice but this i my story...

i have a os vspec.. it ran great and about the 1 gallon mark the conrod blew. i sent it in to os and they told me there is no warranty BUT they will replace the conrod because they didnt see any signs of misuse. BUT they wouldnt replace the piston and sleeve that the conrod messed up

if you get the vspec after break in drop an extra $50 and get the ninja or speed conrod. this is the week point in the vspec. the ninja is my next motor due to it being just as good as the speed but vspec price....

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #26
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've had O.S., Novarossi, Sirio & now a Go 5PT "latest Generation".
They all are very good and reliable as long as you can tune them, But for me the Nova's & Sirio are the best. I am not a expert tuner by no means, but I had a much easier time tuning my old Nova & Sirio than I have now with my Go.
I even cut down the LSN and it does tune a little easier but after having great practice runs & and awesome qualifiers (6th in the A-Main) at my last meet 2 weeks ago I had a DNF in my main 7laps in . I tryed to restart it but kept flaming out & I was so far down buy the time I got it to run right that I did'nt bother getting back in.
I know the weather changed a bit at the start of the race but I coud'nt clime down the driverstand to retune, besides I was the only one with a Go in my main and everybody else kept running and the other 2 that DNF'd were due to mecanicals.
When my Go 5pt is tuned right it is a monster but I'm just a little tired of the precise tuning required for it, like I said I am no expert tuner but my Go has now 4 gallons on it and still has excellent compresion and when tuned right gets awesome run time so you know this engine has not been mistreated bearings are still fine and the scream it gives down the straight is awesome.
Just my 2cents.
E-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #27
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I once had a collari b3, same as the werks engines. I put a rb carb on it and it worked great. If someone needs a rb carb pm me
Old 02-07-2009, 01:30 PM   #28
Tech Adept

get the extech.21 gen2 great engine great power great price
tom slick 50 is offline   Reply With Quote