Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Bought a used RC8 roller what direction do I go now? >

Bought a used RC8 roller what direction do I go now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bought a used RC8 roller what direction do I go now?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have a mach 427 in my 8ight and its a great motor, tons of speed and power and easy to tune.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamminnay
i have heard the go motors are hard to tune,. just my .02
Go Tech fixed their carb issues. The newer carbs have a short LSN like a Novarossi carb and they tune quite traditionally meaning you tune the HSN then the LSN. IF you do go with a Go tech that has a long LSN then you tune with the LSN the adjust your HSN. Once you learn how to tune the Go Tech engines, the power and performance is equal to the high dollar mills IMO.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

How would this SH engine from jbrow1 be? It sounds like a good deal? Any thoughts? My hobby shop is reccomending a RB engine A 5 I think. I'll get some pics up tomorrow and more info. I didn't get a clutch flywheel or collet. I do believe this car started life as an RTR cause it has no carbon fiber parts on it. Thanks for all the info.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamminnay
i have heard the go motors are hard to tune,. just my .02
Not hard just different. I just tuned more with the LSN. I have a 5port and a 7port and they are both great motors.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc10t4orange
How would this SH engine from jbrow1 be? It sounds like a good deal? Any thoughts? My hobby shop is reccomending a RB engine A 5 I think. I'll get some pics up tomorrow and more info. I didn't get a clutch flywheel or collet. I do believe this car started life as an RTR cause it has no carbon fiber parts on it. Thanks for all the info.
Well I'm not one of the guys that is going to tell you my engine will run with the vspecs or the novas. I run a nova outdoors in the summer. The SH engines are good reliable little engines that are great to learn tuning on, and they can be competitive on shorter or tighter tracks. They say your first nitro engine you should only expect half the normal life expectancy from it while you figure out the basics of tuning. RB's are great engines and reliable as well. Lots of power too as well. The engine I am sending has a new collet in the box. Most all engines come with a collet new.

To tell if your car is a rtr or FT easily just look at the topside of the chassis uner the fuel tank. It's milled out to say AE or rc8 under the tank (I forget which) and the rtr chassis I believe has no millings.

Alot of guys put the plastic pieces on the ft car anyways. I run the rc8 and have put all the plastics on my car instead of the CF. The radio tray is more user friendly to install servos, the center diff top plate protects the brakes from spills better, and the chassis braces make the car feel better in your hands but feel the same on the track.

Sportworks clutch bells are a direct fit for the rc8 also. I believe they are cheaper than the ae ones. And for clutch shoes check out impulse-rc.com best shoes on the market and only 12 bux a set!!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I sent you an e-mail on the engine. I'm 99% sure I have an RTR RC8. Thanks for your help.
Originally Posted by jbrow1
Well I'm not one of the guys that is going to tell you my engine will run with the vspecs or the novas. I run a nova outdoors in the summer. The SH engines are good reliable little engines that are great to learn tuning on, and they can be competitive on shorter or tighter tracks. They say your first nitro engine you should only expect half the normal life expectancy from it while you figure out the basics of tuning. RB's are great engines and reliable as well. Lots of power too as well. The engine I am sending has a new collet in the box. Most all engines come with a collet new.

To tell if your car is a rtr or FT easily just look at the topside of the chassis uner the fuel tank. It's milled out to say AE or rc8 under the tank (I forget which) and the rtr chassis I believe has no millings.

Alot of guys put the plastic pieces on the ft car anyways. I run the rc8 and have put all the plastics on my car instead of the CF. The radio tray is more user friendly to install servos, the center diff top plate protects the brakes from spills better, and the chassis braces make the car feel better in your hands but feel the same on the track.

Sportworks clutch bells are a direct fit for the rc8 also. I believe they are cheaper than the ae ones. And for clutch shoes check out impulse-rc.com best shoes on the market and only 12 bux a set!!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:41 AM
Tech Rookie

go the go fast direction!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Perfect

Originally Posted by sickboy
novarossi bf2001 is the best value on the market. $150 mill that will eat vspecs all day.
The BF or the newer one whatever it's called, it's mostly the same A 3 port Novarossi is the best for the money....

Reciever packs. I like the intellect IB 1600 they hold a charge longer than other 1600 packs.....A main Has their own brand PRo Tech that uses these cells for like 18 bucks.

Servos. I like the Ace 1313 for steering and a high speed futaba for throttle, but two 1313's would be nice. At 75 bucks they are really nice and last a long time. A cheaper 40 servo would work ok though with at least 80 oz of torque....

OFNA starter boxes with twin motors. I like the silver top one. with the power panel that includes a wired glow igniter, can't loose it at the track.

An ofna or dynamite 053 or 086 pipe and maniflod combo is around 55 bucks that's a good price...

Radio. MX-3 2.4 ghz is nice at 150 dollars....It's an Airtronics. Fits good in the hand and has plenty of adjustments....

Hope this helps....oh yeah the mc coy mc-8 glowplug is the best for Novarosi engines. Standard plug....
Old 04-09-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Adept

get a jammin jpx .21(picco) motor and 086 pipe
Old 04-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Step 2. Sell it and buy a losi

JK
Old 04-09-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rc10t4orange
Never heard of a RB A5 - C5 yes and they are old engines. If you want RB get the K10 ( I have ran RBs before) or a Alpha. no comment on GO.
Servos: I would strongly recommend Hitec servos or the JR HVs (those are pricey but they are bricks), as for the 1313 - yes they are good but you really need to know how to adjust your EPAs for them to last.
I didnt see anything about price? Are you on a budget?
Old 04-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Frank L

JK
+1
Old 04-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

JK
Then he'll be in the back of the pack, lets keep him upfront!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

If you are on a budget then go for the alpha engine they have been ripping it up at my local tracks my next choice would be a b5. Both are about $200 and descent. As for servos go hitec 79xx. Stay away from the jr hv servos I spent the $$$ and put them in both of my cars. One failed by the 3rd race. Hitec servos have been running strong. They even survived the nitro pit nitro challenge in feb and them silverstate in march. I use a 7940/7950 combo but any 79xx series will do.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

JK
i dont think he wants to downgrade..

JK couldnt resist.

the jammin jpx.21 engine is a good engine 230 or 240. along with the 086 dynamite pipe!

another good one is the Werks B5. for only 200 bucks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.