Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine Wont Fire on my Hyper 21

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Engine Wont Fire on my Hyper 21

Hi, I am still trying to get my new engine to fire up to run it in, I have primed without any problems with the fuel just hitting the carby, glow plug is fine, glow warmer heats the plug up fine, it just wont fire.

Anyone else have this sort of issue, I haven't touched the needles as the paperwork says they should be set correctly out of the factory to fire up and run the engine in, but now I am starting to wonder?

Cheers Mal
Old 01-31-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just try and try again, and reset the needles to factory spec just to make sure if it still doesn't fire.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

try to pre heat the motor...especially if its cold round ur way...use a hair dryer or heat gun...prime...and put the needles just a tad bit leaner then what ur factory settings should be..usually the factory settings are overly rich and it does nothing but stress the rod and make starting a pain...and when u get it started just get it on the ground and up to temp as quick as possible...hope that helps...
Old 01-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Wound them all in and rechecked how far out they were according to many other posts and bingo, thank god, I was starting to get the $hit$, and have blisters on my fingers now as well lol
Not a heat issue as it is 38 degrees celcius here today.

Cheers Mal
Old 01-31-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I've been using Hyper ,21's for years. break in settings are 5-5.5 turns out from closed on the HSN, 2.5-3.5 turns out from flush on the LSN. Dont touch the mid unless you know what your doing.

Race tune is only about 1-1.5 turns in on both needles for maximum performance and speed. these engines rock. I usually get 10-14 gallons of fuel through em, before they are trash. It is the only engine I use for practice, and bashing....